Battery/Charging 6T - Listen to audio and charge

1. mrnobodyh9
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2018

mrnobodyh9 , Nov 29, 2018 :
    Just upgraded from a 3 to a 6T and hit a little snag. I've seen a few threads relating to audio and charging but none really cover my situation.

I'm looking for a dongle that will allow me to plug in wired audio and be able to charge my phone. It doesn't have to be a quick charge, in fact, I'm quite fine without it in this scenario.

Quick background. My wife and I like to listen to audio books while we travel. Our only option to get audio to the car stereo is an audio jack. The dongle that ships with the new 6T works fine BUT between the audio books, turn by turn directions, and background apps it puts a drain on the battery. It sucks to have to stop listening to a book so I can charge up the phone. Since this is a prolong usage scenario a slow charge actually works better.

Is there an option out there that works? I see Google (Moshi) has an adapter but I saw a user report it doesn't work with the 6T.

2. sidtjohnson
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2018

3. mrnobodyh9
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2018

mrnobodyh9 , Nov 29, 2018 :
    Thanks for the suggestion. Out of curiosity, have you used this with a 6T? Asking as the reviews on DreamVasion dongle/adapter have users complaining they can listen to audio or charge but not both. I get that it comes down to what phone the reviewer was using. Hence my ask.