6t screen ratio

1. DuckAlert Beats
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

DuckAlert Beats , Aug 9, 2020 :
    This update has changed the way my screen looks!
    It's slightly smaller, giving the impression of larger bezels top, bottom and sides, with hugely rounded corners.
    Feels like the screen doesn't go near the edge any more! What happened? Anything I can do?

2. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean Aug 9, 2020

Caomhin likes this.
  3. DuckAlert Beats
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

DuckAlert Beats , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Hi,

That just changes the font size etc, the screen is still more rounded than before and shrunk in from the edges by a millimeter or two. It's driving me crazy!

4. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean Aug 9, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 9, 2020 :
    You can change the dp value in developer options. I have mine set at 425 personally.

Other than that I can't suggest anything else. To be honest I haven't noticed any change at all with the display, but I use dark mode most of the time so perhaps I just haven't noticed.

Caomhin likes this.
  5. DuckAlert Beats
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

DuckAlert Beats , Aug 10, 2020 :

Yeah I tried the dpi settings. This doesn't change the outer size and new rounded nature of the visible display unfortunately. It now appears I have larger bezels on the sides and top of the screen, like it's been shrunk in by a millimeter or two :(
    Definitely an update issue, and looks like a conscious design change to me.

rhyd1am likes this.
  6. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean Aug 10, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Ye, I think you're right. I changed my theme to light last night to see what you were saying, and it does appear to be slightly bigger bezels. Although like I say, I use dark mode mostly so it isn't noticeable in my device.

Possibly worth giving feedback to oneplus about it if it's going to forever annoy you.

https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

Caomhin likes this.
  7. DuckAlert Beats
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

DuckAlert Beats , Aug 10, 2020 :

Ah thanks for checking, so I'm not going mad then ;)

I know it's such a small thing, but I think I'll send my feedback using that link. Cheers

rhyd1am likes this.