7 Pro in vibrate mode despite switch being in ring position

1. shirokuro73
    Eclair May 22, 2019

shirokuro73 , May 22, 2019 :
    UPDATE: I originally posted this in feedback, although I don't see my post showing up. since posting, the problem has now happened to me spontaneously, without a restart. this makes it far more severe than I originally thought. audio could stop working at any moment without notice. has anyone else seen an issue like this? this is absolutely a dealbreaker for me. I will be returning the phone if this is not fixed within my return period. so disappointed.

ORIGINAL POST: Brand New OnePlus 7 Pro 8/256 unlocked from OnePlus US web store, received on May 21. problem noticed upon first setup. Action to reproduce: with ringer switch in ring position, restart the phone. Symptom: upon starting up with ringer switch in ring position, the phone is incorrectly in vibrate mode. no system sounds are generated. in status bar, there is no indication of this, it looks like the phone is in ring mode (no icon). however in settings, at the top it shows the phone is in vibrate mode. I also tested restarting with the switch in vibrate and silent modes, and the phone starts correctly in those modes, with the correct icons and behaviour. Recovery actions: move the ringer switch from ring position to either vibrate or silent, then back to ring position. the phone will correctly move to ring mode and behaviour. status bar icons and settings will correctly reflect the mode changes and system sounds will work. Reproducibility: so far I have only seen this upon a restart. after recovering the problem, I have not seen it reoccur until the next restart, where it happens 100% of the time. Severity: I would say it is moderately severe. if I restart the phone and forget to toggle the switch, lack of audio could cause me to miss calls or notifications. similarly if the phone restarts by itself for some reason. Attachments: I have attached 2 screenshots after restart. one is home screen showing no audio mode icon on the status bar (causing user to assume it is in ring mode as it should be according to the switch position). A second screenshot showing the vibrate mode indication inside settings.

docbabloo likes this.
  2. jbouton176
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2019

jbouton176 , Dec 12, 2019 :

3. jbouton176
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2019

jbouton176 , Dec 12, 2019 :
    I just went through this with my 7T. I returned it as defective and bought a second one. The same damn thing happens with the new one! Did you ever get a solution?

4. F1574958307043
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2019

F1574958307043 , Dec 28, 2019 :
    Im stuck with the same problem on my one month old 7 Pro....stuck in vibrate mode permanently now...cannot switch ringer to ON even after several reboots

5. jbouton176
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2019

jbouton176 , Dec 30, 2019 :
    So return it under warranty and get it fixed.

6. pikasuoh
    Donut Jan 19, 2020

pikasuoh , Jan 19, 2020 :
    Same problem here with oneplus 7t. It spontaneity goes into vibrate mode even when slider set to ring. Rebooting doesn't help. Just got it 2 month ago. Has anyone able to find a fix other than returning it? For one user with same problem it happened again with a their warranty replacement phone so must be software bug and not hardware issue?

7. Sheppards
    Honeycomb Jan 20, 2020

Sheppards , Jan 20, 2020 :
    This only happens to me when I accidentally push volume up and the power button at the same time. which happens a few times a week

quite annoying, and can't be disabled.

8. pikasuoh
    Donut Jan 20, 2020

pikasuoh , Jan 20, 2020 :
    There appears to be a fix. One user did a wipe and cleared cache. http://bit.ly/369jqIT

Can anyone confirm if this fixed their problem? This is causing missed important calls and alarms so it is more than just an annoyance! Definitely a software bug. One plus needs to get on this asap!