Network/Connectivity 7 Pro not recognizing SIM card

1. G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2019

G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV , Aug 4, 2019 :
    I reside in the USA and received the latest update yesterday afternoon. This morning I powered up my device and the phone won't recognize the SIM card.I have removed it and re-inserted it several times in both slots, but to no avail.

I inserted it the SIM card into my wifes 5T and it worked fine. I have a 12-256 Global variant OnePlus 7 Pro and as it's Sunday here in Texas, speaking with OP support isn't going to happen until tomorrow.

Is this a known issue? Does anyone have any ideas they can throw my way? I'm at a loss here and a tad annoyed to be honest.

2. spot01
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2019

spot01 , Aug 4, 2019 :
    Does your wife's sim card work in your phone?
    Try switching to airplane mode for 30 seconds then switch back forcing the phone to search for a network

3. G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2019

G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV , Aug 4, 2019 :
    It's working again after removing and inserting the SIM card for the third time. I'm thinking it might be time to go to the T-Mobile store and get a new SIM card as a next step if it recurs.

This SIM card is well over three years old now. I'm hoping this is the issue.

4. Limeybastard
    Froyo Aug 13, 2019

Limeybastard , Aug 13, 2019 :
    The SIM card slot is definitely suspect/ weak. When I merely eject sim and put it back in sometimes it doesn't see the sim card. Try it.