7 Pro predicament

1. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Feb 28, 2021

The fraggle , Feb 28, 2021 :
    Good evening to you all.
    I have a bit of a predicament......

I have a 7 pro and it has now developed the known fault where it loses the front camera which I believe will then spread to the rear cameras. I was looking at buying a new 8 pro as it lists my phone as being worth £220 on trade in. My issue is, if I send it in they are going to reduce the cost because of a known oneplus 7 pro issue. It is still under warranty so I can get it fixed but if I get it fixed I'm going to be without a phone for however long it takes and if I get it back repaired I have no incentive to buy the 8 pro.

What are your thoughts on this? Do any of you know how long this fix on the phone takes? Am I going to get the price marked down because of the fault if I don't fix it first? Is it worth replacing the 7 pro with the 8 pro??

Any input would be helpful.

LokGubhaju likes this.
  2. Boogeyman_real
    Gingerbread Feb 28, 2021

Boogeyman_real , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Feb 28, 2021 :
    What do you mean when you say known fault in front camera and that it will spread to rear camera?
    if possible, why not go to the OnePlus store to get the real value rather than the best case value here.

3. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Feb 28, 2021

There is a well documented issue after the last version update where front cameras are failing and in some cases spreading to the rear camera. If you google it you will find many many cases of this.

It has even been spoken about on this forum so nobody can say I imagined the problem :)

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-7-pro-front-camera-not-working.1301059/

4. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Feb 28, 2021

Suggesting going out to stores during a lockdown in the pandemic? That's a little silly don't you think? As far as I am aware there aren't any "oneplus stores" in the UK.

5. Aaron2017
    KitKat Feb 28, 2021

Aaron2017 , Feb 28, 2021 :
    Wow, never heard about this issue before... For your question, i have the 7t pro, which is basically the same phone, and my wife has the 8 pro. Having used both, i personally don't think it's worth the upgrade. You get a better camera, and a slightly better screen and chip, but not enough to upgrade. But that's just 1 man's opinion of course. My mate sent in his OP3 for repair back in the day and it took around 3 weeks to get it back, but this was 5 years ago so maybe now it's different, for better or worse.

6. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Feb 28, 2021

Honestly, look at the link I posted or google it. It seems fairly wide spread.

Maybe I will look away from oneplus. They seem to have lost the passion in the last 12-18 months in my opinion and their customer service is appalling.

7. Aaron2017
    KitKat Feb 28, 2021

Aaron2017 , Feb 28, 2021 :
    Yeah, i did look at it, that's why i'm surprised i never heard of it. Defenitely not an isolated case. Only contacted them once and that didn't go well, i got my answer in the end but it did take about 20 mails between 4 different people to get there, so i agree with you there.

The fraggle likes this.
  8. LokGubhaju
    Froyo Feb 28, 2021

9. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Mar 11, 2021

The fraggle , Mar 11, 2021 :
    My phone is being sent back tomorrow. I bought an N100 to use whilst it's away and I'll return it when I get the 9 pro.
    I'll let you all know how it goes but the plan is as soon as I get it back it'll be sent in under the trade in scheme. £220 for a very good condition 7 pro isn't too bad I don't think.