7 pro sent in for repair stolen by carrier

1. G_David_Millsap_RovU
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2020

G_David_Millsap_RovU , Sep 26, 2020 :
    be wary using the fr worth repair service. they send your phone back in a box poorly wrapped and don't require a signature. my bo was found apparently fine on my front door 5 minutes after deliver. it had been cut open with a box cutter and resealed empty.

hope oneplus will do the right thing. can anyone here help?
    1601124124761.jpg

1601124124870.jpg

2. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Sep 26, 2020

Cervantes , Sep 26, 2020 :
    Hi
    this is a problem of the courier company
    You must contact the support

pablofg1978 likes this.
  3. G_David_Millsap_RovU
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

G_David_Millsap_RovU , Sep 27, 2020 :
    no it isn't. the contract is between the sender and the carrier...NOT the receiver.

at issue is:

1. the box was plainly labeled as a oneplus device
    2. the box was not securely taped
    3. the sender did not require signature which allows this to occur
    4. the claim has been made with oneplus. it is up to them to respond to ups and file the claim. most companies such as apple and samsung replace immediately.

Gaurav Rohilla likes this.
  4. Artemus.
    Nougat Sep 27, 2020

Artemus. , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Answer me this: say your mom sent you a birthday gift but as soon as you received it it was missing. Do you blame your mom for this or do you blame the company who sent it to you?

pablofg1978 likes this.
  5. G_David_Millsap_RovU
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

G_David_Millsap_RovU , Sep 27, 2020 :
    cute story however it is not relevant.

all courier services contract with the shipper not the receiver. it's not a debate, it's fact.

oneplus had a right to be made whole by ups who they contracted to perform a service. I have a right to be made whole by oneplus who I contracted for a service.

6. Artemus.
    Nougat Sep 27, 2020

Artemus. , Sep 27, 2020 :
    But is OnePlus the one who stole the package contents (which is a felony) or is at all responsible for the stolen content? No.

7. G_David_Millsap_RovU
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2020

G_David_Millsap_RovU , Sep 28, 2020 :
    when you hire a contractor your contract is with them. if they subcontract part of their service out and there is an issue you don't go to the subcontractor, you go to the contractor.

again your point is totally wrong and flawed. oneplus contracted with me to fix and return the phone. they subcontracted to a courier. the courier failed to deliver. that is the responsibility of the oneplus to correct with me and then get restitution from the courier if they can.

100%

8. naheedmir
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2020

naheedmir , Sep 28, 2020 :
    Hi G_David,
    Ohh! It's awkward, you received the empty box. Contact back with the company, OnePlus. Though the company is not involved in this crime, however, it will pay heed to this sensitive issue. And also they have promised to fix the issue and return the phone.
    But again, it is the responsibility of OnePlus to follow the case strictly (to avoid upcoming issues) and OnePlus and authorities of the Courier Service together can find the carrier (stealer) by mutual cooperation. (The issue is humiliating for both of them, but going together will be useful for both).

9. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Sep 28, 2020

The1Lion , Sep 28, 2020 :
    If it was UPS then there will be tracking information. Seems odd the delivered would steal the phone, reseal and deliver it as they will know who did it. Also seems odd a person would do it if it were on the door step instead of just taking the box.

Normally a claim can be made if it never arrived, but if OnePlus has information showing UPS delivered the package to you, then they may question or doubt your claim. I'm surprised they did not require a signature as a simple t-shirt I won from them required a signature.

Artemus. likes this.
  10. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Oct 2, 2020

Bobbie63 , Oct 2, 2020 :
    Seems to become a habit in the USA, I mean people receiving empty boxes. This is the second I stumbled on.:confused:

Artemus. likes this.
  11. Artemus.
    Nougat Oct 2, 2020

Artemus. , Oct 2, 2020 :
    I've been lucky so far.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  12. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Oct 2, 2020

Bobbie63 , Oct 2, 2020 :
    I'm glad I bought mine from a third party, so I have nothing to do with OnePlus CS or what's related to them. I'm afraid these kind of issues aren't happening just in the USA.

13. Tajudine
    Froyo Oct 2, 2020

Tajudine , Oct 2, 2020 :
    What is the current situation with this? If it is resolved, which steps did you take?

14. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Oct 2, 2020

The1Lion , Oct 2, 2020 :
    I always thought they required signature though? I mean it does seem odd to require a signature for a t-shirt and not a phone to me. Maybe they don't on repairs though?

15. Artemus.
    Nougat Oct 2, 2020

Artemus. , Oct 2, 2020 :
    I find it funny that people blame OP and not UPS for the incident.

drl431 likes this.
  16. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Oct 2, 2020

SoniaB , Oct 2, 2020 :
    With Covid, many shipping companies are delivering without the need for signature. At least that is the case here in France. DHL/UPS will deliver without requesting signature, however if you are not home, they do not just leave the package on your property unless you have designated a safe space. DPD send you a unique code via email/SMS (in lieu of signature) that you must verify with the delivery driver. They do not hand over the package without it.

@G_David_Millsap_RovU you say that you found the package 5 mins after it was delivered. Did the driver not ring the doorbell when they delivered? Did you/family member not see the driver approach with the package?

If the package was not signed for, the item would still be scanned as delivered by the driver. OnePlus is not at fault here as they have no control over your package once it's in the care of the shipping company.

You can contact OnePlus support to ask them to open an investigation with UPS, however, you might actually find that starting the process yourself direct with UPS may be faster. It's up to you on how you choose to proceed.

pablofg1978 and The1Lion like this.
  17. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Oct 3, 2020

The1Lion , Oct 3, 2020 :
    I can kind of see that though, you paid everything and it would be OP that paid for the shipping and insurance to send it back (they may bill you for it but they are handling it). So the claim would normally have to be on the OP side I'd think. But UPS can say "we delivered the package" (although it was empty).

18. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Oct 3, 2020

The1Lion , Oct 3, 2020 :
    Hi Sonia, how you been? :D

Yes that's true but even my t-shirt was early on in the COVID-19 era here. I don't think I had to actually sign,but they asked for my name and checked it on their electronic pad. So they at least made sure it was handed to someone. But different areas perhaps do it differently?

SoniaB likes this.
  19. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Oct 3, 2020

SoniaB , Oct 3, 2020 :
    I'm good. How's you?
    I think it may also depend on the value of the item noted on the shipping label.
    A $25 t-shirt won't be as big a liability as a $500 device, but honestly I do not know.
    I have had items of nominal worth that were sent "signature and tracking" that even my normal postal has just put through my post box.

There are definitely regional variations. Here, I have had the same DHL driver for 3 years. But I live in a small town. A city, the driver rotation will be a consideration too

The1Lion likes this.
  20. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Oct 3, 2020

The1Lion , Oct 3, 2020 :
    I've been doing fine so far.

And it definitely is a mixed bag with deliveries. I have yet to receive an empty box however.

Artemus. and SoniaB like this.