7 Pro with a lot or problems.

1. nando. neves
    Donut Apr 19, 2021

nando. neves , Apr 19, 2021 :
    I was having problems with my front pop up camera. It would come up normally to face unlock but the screen would remain black and eventually the app would crash and the phone would remain locked. I got in touch with Op via email and they told me to factory reset the phone to try to fix the problem.

After the factory reset everything went to shit. Now no cameras work. Actually, any time any app try to access any camera, that app would crash as well. Also, apps like Amazon and youtube will not load at all.

I remained in touch with tech support and eventually got a remote session so someone could reinstall the device's rom, but nothing changed. Now they are telling me to send it in for repair, but:
    - It's not under warranty anymore
    - I don't own a second phone. I actually sold my previous device to be able to afford this one. To send my phone in would basically require me to buy a new phone to use during this time.

What can I do? Is this a problem that anyone else has been facing with a software solution?

2. drl431
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 19, 2021

drl431 , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Hi, I would try a factory reset, but this time, do not restore any apps or settings. Just check operation on a clean phone. Then if it works, install some apps, from the play store only, and just a few at a time. This way you might learn if a misbehaving or misconfigured app is the culprit.

Artemus. and McJader like this.
  3. ChristianLotino
    Gingerbread Apr 19, 2021

4. nando. neves
    Donut Apr 19, 2021

Hi DRL431, thanks for the answer. However, just after the remote session with a OP technician when the phone was reset againg, I tried to open the cameras, before installing anything, and they still didn't work.

5. J4t1np4r3kh
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Apr 19, 2021

J4t1np4r3kh , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Is there a service centre available in your country? If so I'd get in touch there as this would save you from having to send it in

Artemus. likes this.
  6. nando. neves
    Donut Apr 19, 2021

I'm from Brazil. As far as I know, there are no services centers here.

7. drl431
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 19, 2021

Artemus. likes this.