7 Pro's curved display

1. I1543022269646
    Donut May 17, 2019

I1543022269646 , May 17, 2019 :
    I went to a t-mobile store to see the OnePlus 7 Pro and I must congratulate OnePlus for making the best looking smartphone in the world. Please allow me to point out the main problems that I have with the phone.

On the hardware side, the curved screen is awful. Samsung has been making curved displays for 4 years and they finally got the curve correct with the Galaxy S10 in 2019 having a gentle and subtle curve that does not bleed over the edges making keyboard, pictures and web pages viewable from all angles without distortion. OnePlus needs to tweak the curve of their displays or go back to flat screens entirely, keeping in mind that Samsung is the only manufacturer who has edge functionality making them the only one who really need curved displays.

On the software side OnePlus needs to have more font selections and like Apple and Samsung there needs to be a Bold button option for fonts for people like myself and others when making the fonts larger is not enough.

I will be either keeping my OnePlus 6T or switching back to Samsung until some of these changes are made.
    NEVER SETTLE !!!!

2. Nick 59
    Lollipop May 17, 2019

Nick 59 , May 17, 2019 :
    https://forums.oneplus.net/feedback/

3. Liehjan
    Lollipop May 17, 2019

Liehjan , May 17, 2019 :
    The design on the 7pro is final, hardware changes can only be done in the next phone 7Tpro

4. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow May 17, 2019

theshinybeast , May 17, 2019 :
    Way too long and didn't read translation: I love Apple and Samsung and I want OnePlus to be the same as them. However, I have felt the need to create this thread because I like to appear as though I have a clue about that of which I speak.
    Codswallop!
    [​IMG]

Nick 59 likes this.
  5. manimaarans
    Honeycomb May 17, 2019

6. herget
    Eclair May 17, 2019

herget , May 17, 2019 :
    Thank you for sharing. I completely forgot about the newly added "curved display" for that was one of the reasons I returned the Samsung S10. I really hated the curved display and the annoying edges after my 21-day trial via T-Mobile. Have you us e previous curved displays and how did they compare with your newly unboxed OnePlus 7 Pro...?

7. manimaarans
    Honeycomb May 18, 2019

manimaarans , May 18, 2019 :
    unfortunately I have used my friend's Samsung edge 7 just for a very short time. so I can't compare it with my one plus pro 7. But videos experience isn't that good as when faces gets distorted when it is near edges and looks ridiculous. otherwise everything is really good

8. DARTH 007
    KitKat May 18, 2019

DARTH 007 , May 18, 2019 :
    distortion,
    but no one mentions this anywhere.
    or are they hiding the truth.

9. manimaarans
    Honeycomb May 18, 2019

manimaarans , May 18, 2019 :
    when I was using for the first day , the distortion looked so obvious. But now I got used to it, so it doesn't look that bad and I can live with it

10. DARTH 007
    KitKat May 18, 2019

why would you spend so much money to use something which you know has very serious concerns as per you.
    phone is smooth,fast, beautiful screen,
    but also of now apps and games are unable to take advantage of the 90 Hz refresh rate.
    distortion on the curved edges as you state which no one else has mentioned before.
    this phone is not future proof as you know.
    once 5g comes out maybe in an year or so,this phone will be obsolete.

11. DARTH 007
    KitKat May 18, 2019

anyway thanks for your review,
    plan to stay out of the 7pro for the time being.

12. mr_priyanshu
    Jelly Bean May 18, 2019

mr_priyanshu , May 18, 2019 :
    The accidental skipping of videos on YouTube and other video watching platforms ?

Image distortion ?

Difference in colours on the contents on the edge compared to what is just above it ?

Accidentally selecting a different video on Youtube from the recommendation bar in the lower portion ?

Little bit difficult to type letters on the corners of the keyboard ?

Handling problem ?

DARTH 007 likes this.
  13. stuge234
    Froyo May 18, 2019

stuge234 , May 18, 2019 :
    it does ....go.to.a store and try out .I suggest people to wait for 7 .

14. DARTH 007
    KitKat May 18, 2019

I will.
    after I have read all the negatives in the forum.

15. Budruel
    KitKat May 18, 2019

Budruel , May 18, 2019 :
    Especially yours ... giphy (90).gif

16. jokercaso
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2019

jokercaso , Jul 13, 2019 :
    I totally agree with the distortion at the edges. That is why, I will not buy the Op 7pro. Oneplus I am begging you to bring a phone with flat edges! Please

17. karthik oneplus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 13, 2019

karthik oneplus , Jul 13, 2019 :
    I don't think there would be 7T pro. There will only be regular 7T to be in competition.

18. Walter.White
    Eclair Jul 14, 2019

Walter.White , Jul 14, 2019 :
    I bought 7 Pro not knowing that it has curved edges. I'm using it for a month now and I don't really see the point of such screen. What was wrong with the regular flat screen?
    I'm really confused that someone would make something that has absolutely no purpose.
    Other than that great phone and a great company!

19. TomekDarda
    Froyo Jul 14, 2019

TomekDarda , Jul 14, 2019 :
    I see the point of many users about the curved screen and would not mind it being flat (when I have first heard the rumours about the curved screen I actually felt a bit disappointed) but have to say there is one thing that makes it better - the side gestures are much more comfy to use. I use Fluid Navigation Gestures along with the OnePlus built in system - Fluid allows to go back with the swipe from the side (and much more customisation on top of that plus great animations). This is great with such a big screen and Android Q is going to bring it for everybody. With the flat screen any times swiping from the side, especially with a screen protector you needed to hit the screen at the right angle not to hit that edge and sometimes even hurt your finger (especially with a bit sharp screen protector - doing it countless times a day really can wear your fingers off). With curved display you can just gently swipe from the side and hitting that curve is very easy. I actually appreciate this.

Also the curves make the phone feel smaller in your hand which in case of such a giant display is a pro.

never settle

20. Oktagon1138
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2019

Oktagon1138 , Sep 15, 2019 :
    Oneplus, please stop this shit with the curved screen or I will buy an iPhone 11 Pro Max or a Galaxy S10+.

The price is also not a flagship killer price compared to Samaung Galaxy S10+ that I can get much cheaper than Oneplus 7 Pro in my country.

Galaxy S10+ and especially the Galaxy Note 10+ have a much less curved screen. At least, it is better than nothing.

Oneplus 7(T) ist not an option for me. I want all the features of the 7(T) Pro.