7 Years Of Never Settle - Share your OnePlus Journey!

1. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Nov 9, 2020

YRJ , Nov 9, 2020 :
    Thread banner-Journey1.png
    Hello everyone,

It's November already, and 2020 is soon coming to an end. While that is good news, here's something even better: OnePlus is approaching its 7th anniversary! Yup, you heard that right. The new kid who disrupted the smartphone market in 2014 is turning seven.

I'm sure we all have some great memories from the past seven years, be it successfully securing an invite to the flagship killer or getting early access to the latest device before launch via The LAB. It's been an eventful seven years and all of it is worth sharing! ;)
    To commemorate seven years of Never Settle, OnePlus is compiling a recap video and inviting you to share your OnePlus journey in photos and videos. Basically, it’s a look back in time, from your perspective.

Ah! How time flies. Feels like yesterday when we were anxiously waiting, glued to our screens, sliding into DMs and spamming threads, hoping to bag an invite for the next big thing - The OnePlus One - the one that started it all. :cool:
    From the OG OnePlus one to the Nord, it's been a rollercoaster ride. While a lot has changed over the years, something still stays the same - celebrating every major milestone with the community, and this time is no different.

How does this work?
    It's simple! Reply to this thread sharing your most memorable moments in the form of photos or videos.
    Launch events coverage, meetups, OEFs, or just you congratulating OnePlus on their 7th anniversary; anything goes, as long as it has you and OnePlus in it :D
    Entries can be attached to the thread as images or you can provide a link to youtube or Google drive. Make sure that it is accessible so that your entries can be viewed.
    If you're going with video, please shoot it in landscape, with at least 1080p resolution (4k is preferred).

What’s in it for me?
    • In addition to the opportunity of being featured in the Anniversary celebration, OnePlus will also award all valid entries with 2XP.
    • Moreover, if your entry is featured in the recap video you get 10XP! Now you're probably wondering what you're gonna do with the XP? Well hold on to them, they'll come in handy soon™ ;)
    • But that’s not all, if you manage to create something exceptional and surprise OnePlus, they will surprise you back! So get creative and give it your all!

You can share your entries until Sunday, i.e., 22th November 2020 November 29.
    Standard terms and conditions apply.

So what are you waiting for? Join the celebration and seize the chance to secure a place in OnePlus history!

Never Settle

2. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Nov 23, 2020

Stickied Post
    YRJ , Nov 23, 2020 :
    UPDATE:
    Hello everyone,

I noticed that many of you are willing to share your OnePlus journey but need more time to send in your entries. Well, I have good news! The deadline is extended until the end of the week i.e., 11:59PM IST 29th November 2020 ;)

Please send in your entries by then. Remember, you're still getting XP for every valid entry.

3. ShreyasPatil_
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2020

ShreyasPatil_ , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 9, 2020 :
    Congratulations OnePlus on 7th Anniversary.
    I just began my journey on OnePlus forums few months back when i purchased OnePlus Y Series TV. And then my i became active in forums and started exploring threads. The most memorable moment on OnePlus forums was the OnePlus World Contest. I had sleepless nights for 2 weeks and finally got rewarded with goodies. It was an amazing contest from the OnePlus team. #NeverSettle

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020

4. sfomin
    Nougat Nov 9, 2020

5. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 9, 2020

SeanPlus , Nov 9, 2020 :
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONEPLUS!

Over the past seven years I got involved in as many of the events as I could. It's provided heaps of fond memories so it's really hard to choose just one, but I suppose the one that stands out the most was the OnePlus Street Art Tour. The meetup was in Shoreditch, arranged for fans in London. It was a fantastic day out - searching for and learning about work from artists such as Stik and C215 (Christian Guémy) - and the tour also gave me an opportunity to test the camera on my new OP2. Rather embarrassingly though, whilst speaking with @Tilen P about my new OnePlus smartphone, I managed to drop the blimmin' thing on the floor! Everyone winced, but thankfully the OP2 survived the fall.

I will upload photos from the day a little later on. [EDIT: wish I'd thought to submit a suggestion to IDEAS 2.0 for the option to reduce the file size of saved photos so, for example, users can upload them to the forum]

Another two highlights that would make it into my Top 3 are the OnePlus X London Pop-Up, and exploring new parts of town taking photos with the OnePlus Reflexion app.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020

6. Oreo.
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 9, 2020

Oreo. , via OnePlus 5 , Nov 9, 2020 :
    Tis a creative opportunity! Thanks @YRJ
    [UPDATE]
    Wishing OnePlus a Happy 7 year anniversary of Never Settle spirit. Here's my journey with OnePlus so far:

@YRJ Check this out :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020

7. yashwant24

8. Shubham_Ag.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 9, 2020

Shubham_Ag. , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 9, 2020 :
    Nice theme @YRJ. OnePlus has come a long way ✌️
    So Oneplus is turning 7, and my journey will also be turning 7, well 7 months :p with OnePlus next month.

As soon as I got my first OnePlus device and joined this forum, I realized that this is the place where like-minded people share their thoughts and have fun.
    I took place in my first contest and @dsmonteiro announced that I won a limited 8 series T-shirt. To be honest, it was my first win here in the first month of me joining the forums and though it was not a big prize, it felt very special and I still have my emotions attached to it.
    [​IMG]

Some time later, I got to participate in an OEF with @Crystal Z. and the product managers. Had an opportunity to discuss fruitful things with @Sam T. which was indeed very pleasant experience.
    [​IMG]

Fast forward to 2 more months, I got a chance to attend another OEF in which I got the opportunity to meet the India community, product and the R&D staff along with the GM, OnePlus IN - @Vikas A. Here's me at the bottom left kinda lost in the below picture wondering when @Joel Jacob took the picture
    [​IMG]

I received many goodies for participating in the above activities as a courtesy from OnePlus too. Most importantly, I realized that OnePlus is a user-centric company that thrives to provide the best experience to us. This was just a short glimpse, I'm sure there have been other nice moments, interactions, and contest winnings too.

Above all, I am really glad to have made a good lot of friends here in the community who understand and support each other and I think there's no turning back now :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020 at 6:45 PM

9. Oreo.

10. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Nov 9, 2020

Dresa91 , Nov 9, 2020 :
    Congrats OnePlus:)
    And thanks @YRJ for hosting this thread:)
    My most memorable moment?
    There are a lot, mentioned/featured in this pictures:
    A902C727-914B-4875-B927-A75669F743F1.jpeg
    and
    7330015B-8497-48A2-8E96-15D0010B2C4E.jpeg
    and[​IMG]

My OnePlus journey started with the OnePlus 3.
    I then registered here in the forum in 2016.
    I was awarded as user 2016, that was a great honor for me. I had never expected this.
    Then I had the chance to become a closed beta tester for the OnePlus3 series. I accepted this opportunity, thanks @Manu J. :)
    Furthermore I got two community awards - 2018 and 2019.
    Last but not least I got a token from the old OnePlus logo as part of the new brand VI this year: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/a-small-token-of-recognition-from-oneplus.1202412/
    I'm so overwhelmed how "only" a forum with many strangers has become a second family for me in the time of 4 years that I'm a member now.
    And thanks to @dsmonteiro I got the opportunity to act as "ambassador" and "teaser" for the virtual OnePlus 8 Series Launch: the hoodie campaign:). Here some pics:) https://www.instagram.com/p/B-cZ26pICMR8CjsbOiUtZM9uctT64N0mEUymLY0/
    For me https://forums.oneplus.com is not just a user or technology forum. No, it is a place where I meet friends and actually family :)
    I love you all!:)❤️

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020

11. Aditya Javadekar
    Jelly Bean Nov 9, 2020

Aditya Javadekar , Nov 9, 2020 :
    Wow! Great story buddy! Unfortunately I don't have anything to share....

12. Nick6t
    Eclair Nov 9, 2020

Nick6t , Nov 9, 2020 :
    It has been a great journey of 7 years from a small company to one of the best mobile manufacturing company. Congrats. [e]1f44d[/e]

13. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Nov 9, 2020

Dresa91 , Nov 9, 2020 :
    You have:) you are spending your time and love here :)

14. GeNiUs5
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2020

mallu.achayan, The Mastermind and YRJ like this.
  15. Afnan_ahmed___
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2020

16. richu_c_abraham
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2020

17. amankumar2508007
    Honeycomb Nov 9, 2020

18. WASIM OnePlus
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2020

19. SRD.
    KitKat Nov 9, 2020

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 9, 2020 :
    You are special @Dresa91 my friend.

20. Starcommander

Starcommander , Nov 9, 2020 :
    I have many stories but the biggest is the OEF Goa. Will upload as soon as I get time.

RCC oef 2020 was the most memorable event of my life.
    Who knew it was my last trip of 2020 before the world came to an stand still.
    Screenshot_20201121-105732.jpg
    Guess the person who sat on table 5 along with me 😝 Hint: Coolest mod ever 😉
    1595834014072IMG_20200215_170144.jpg

368-01.jpeg

It was really amazing to meet the cool community peeps and few of wormhole friends.

My most memorable moment in the forums was powerbang AMA where @B.I.T.S. fought for me. I felt the feeling of being cared. No contest nor a title can give you happiness of being cared.

My 2nd most memorable moment was @Dresa91 gifting me McLaren pen. 🥺 I didn't even ask him and he gifted me because once I said in woho, I want that pen.

My third favourite moment was on November 20, 2019 when @Crystal Z. allowed me to host a contest and it was my first thread to go into highlight section. I still remember that day when she asked me to select top entries. I felt special all of a sudden. Also, she was so nice to me, it inspired me to be nice to everyone.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020

21. lharisiadis
    Donut Nov 9, 2020

lharisiadis , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 9, 2020 :
    Been with you since the beginning.
    OnePlus 1
    Oneplus 3T (2)
    Oneplus 5T (2)
    Oneplus 7 Pro
    Oneplus 8 Pro said:

Great brand, great quality, great service!
    NEVER SETTLE!