#7DayReviewChallenge - From Apple with love

1. F_Michael_Mulheran_AjJK
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2017

F_Michael_Mulheran_AjJK , Dec 5, 2017 :
    btw totally agree with the emoji thing, that was the hardest thing to get used to when k switched to the OP5, but it becomes a non issue very quickly

doeheart likes this.
  2. doeheart
    Eclair Dec 6, 2017

Stickied Post
    doeheart , Dec 6, 2017 :
    Day Six: OxygenOS Day.

Now this may end up being more of a discussion on changing from iOS to android but I'll try to be specific to oxygen OS.

Also as a disclaimer, as I have already mentioned - this isn't going to be a fact heavy review but more my own experience using the phone for daily living.

So! Oxygen OS - where to begin? I've mentioned this throughout my previous reviews but I think it's worth mentioning. This phone has incredibly user friendly interfaces. I am surprised because it can be as simple as you like or as customisable as you like. This feels like a good tactic to me - compared, say, to the rigidity of iOS. With this phone, it feels a lot more like you're in control to some degree of what the phone feels and looks like. But without the complexity of needing to know the ins and outs of how it works.

Linked in to that, oxygen OS is a very attractive operating system in my opinion. Just comparing to my old phone - the Samsung S6, I was REALLY glad that it didn't come preinstalled with a load of bloat ware. Where as the Samsung S6 had a load of features that I hated and couldn't be removed. The so called 'shelf' feature is something I haven't really played with yet however I can see how it would be useful. For example, on my S6, swiping right brought up a majorly laggy and annoying news feed which frankly, never got any use. However the shelf reminds me a bit of a similar feature in iOS where you can put widgets such as public transport times, reminders etc. I can certainly see myself using the shelf more as I aqcuaint myself with android's interfaces.

I do like that it isn't too linked in to Google or any other 3rd party apps as that really frustrates me about windows computers and past android phones I've had. I really hope that this doesn't change throughout updates. I get a Moto feel from the lack of annoying adverts and news which is for me, perfect.

Performance wise, this is definitely a nippy phone which seems to be maximised by a simple OS.

3. doeheart
    Eclair Dec 6, 2017

4. doeheart
    Eclair Dec 8, 2017

Stickied Post
    doeheart , Dec 8, 2017 :
    Day Seven: Conclusion Day!

So! It's the end of 7 long days with this nippy little phone and I'm excited to discuss my overall verdict of the OnePlus 5T.

I came to the iPhone SE looking for speed, a good screen and above all - BATTERY LIFE. Did it deliver? Boy it did. I've been relentlessly impressed with its battery life. I mean I charged it last 1 day and 15 hours ago and it says it still has 3 hours left - mad! I used to have to charge my SE almost twice a day and it would almost always die before the next charge. Not really good enough in these modern times.

Getting used to a big phone as taken some adjustment - I never quite feel as though it's fully safe in my pocket, and I get the occasional cramp from holding it weirdly. It also feels a bit wild having it out in public so obviously when it's such a huge screen. Almost like a neon MUG ME sign above my head lol. That said, I know most of this is adjusting from a comparably tiny phone. I mean this phones display alone is bigger than the SE's entire body. Wild!

The camera has taken a bit of adjusting too as I am used to a higher end quality of shots from my iPhone, however I'm over it now. I was surprised to see people returning this phone for the camera quality alone. I think it felt like a big deal to begin with, but I've moved on. I think what the phone offers in other benefits, makes up for the lack in camera quality. A lot of this could change in future updates too. Which will leave me feeling like I've won ha

I have really slipped well in to android and how this phone interfaces android. It has been really easy for me coming from iOS and I haven't felt like it's been an upheaval. The phone is majorly usable, customisable and I honestly can't fault it.

And I've even come to terms with the android emojis [e]1f602[/e]

Cédric Marcus and MentalDraco like this.
  5. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Dec 8, 2017

MentalDraco , Dec 8, 2017 :
    ^w^

6. Cédric Marcus
    Eclair Dec 9, 2017

Cédric Marcus , Dec 9, 2017 :
    coming from iPhone se too, I agree with your review. I wonder if one day I'm getting back to iPhone, more expensive, less free, but you can sell it easily and without lose too much. (sorry for my English, I'm french [e]1f609[/e])