#7DayReviewChallenge Onepluskay’s OnePlus 5T aka Bea5t Review

1. beastkay
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2017

beastkay , Dec 1, 2017 :
    I didn't get what you asking but you must be pulling my leg regarding some Screen On Time issue :p

2. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Dec 1, 2017

MentalDraco , Dec 1, 2017 :
    just curious what your SOT has been so far, mine has been between 5:20 with super heavy use and over 6 h with normal usev

beastkay likes this.
  3. Punk_69
    Lollipop Dec 1, 2017

beastkay likes this.
  4. beastkay

5. beastkay

Stickied Post
    beastkay , Dec 1, 2017 :
    Day 6 Starts...

Now it's time to talk about the communicator which helps us humans (to be more specific) to interact with hardware (machine) which basically knows as Operating System and for Oneplus it's OxygenOS :)

Let's get started.

[OxygenOS Day]
    When Oneplus launched it's first smartphone which was having cyanogenmod (discontinued) in which there were lots and lots of customization and that point of time only they were providing this kind of product.
    So for geeks like me it was the best deal in the market, so now that OS is discontinued but Oneplus never gave up they build their own OS and in the begining they faced lots of issues with it but via community and experts in their team made this OS wonderful and exceptional.

I really like how light kind of feel it provides when we just unlock our phone and it's so smooth without any lags and errors. It's super responsive and they're providing a hell lot of customization's and I don't miss cyanogen at all after the experience of OxygenOS.

IMG-20171201-WA0016.jpg

Now I'll share some pictures of my Oneplus5T and will talk about what else I love about this OS.

IMG-20171201-WA0014.jpg IMG-20171201-WA0015.jpg

Features what I really like and use in daily life : -
    • Shelf
    • Three finger screenshot
    • Two finger music play

Shelf is really useful it provides the most significant information according to your usage and we can customize it also with some widgets.
    Let's take an example I was using walker tracker for some days so there was a widget with that app we can put it on shelf so no need to open the app to see how many steps you walked.
    Just unlock swipe right, your steps are there on the widget.

Three finger screenshot (Gestures) I am always using this feature because I take lots and lots of screenshots regarding work, meme or on snapchat :p

Two finger Music play also a very nice gesture it's super fast and time efficient, how I use it ?
    Bike ride ?
    How to play music in my style ?
    Double click then two finger swipe down it's done :)

I want to mention one more
    Entered Gym so it's time for some rock music !
    Double click then two finger swipe down it's done :)

I was little bit excited because I use this feature in this scenario so I wanted to share.

IMG-20171201-WA0013.jpg

Overall experience with OxygenOS is like super smooth never had a bug or any problem, I really love to customize what this OS provides but it's having a little drawback which is on time updates. We are not getting updates on time and if we are having it then it takes a little time to be bug free.
    Other than this I don't have any complaints :)

Day 6 : OxygenOS ends.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017

Punk_69, dsmonteiro, varma246 and 2 others like this.
  6. ishan_z
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2017

ishan_z , Dec 1, 2017 :
    Really nice review and great example ;)

Praying for you to win the contest.

All the best ;)

beastkay likes this.
  7. beastkay
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 2, 2017

Stickied Post
    beastkay , Dec 2, 2017 :
    At last Day 7 and this is going to end...

So the last question Will You Recommend it ?

[Conclusion Day]
    After a lot of testing and typing my reviews (thoughts) over here this #7DayReviewChallenge made me addicted to the community and now I'm always looking to the forum and reading about new articles and all.
    Really very nice contest by Oneplus and I'm very delighted to participate in this and yes I'm completing my challenge so very happy about it.

What do I think about Oneplus 5t aka Bea5t ;)
    This device is really good, it really feels amazing in hands and the 6.01 screen with in the same size as it's predecessor is really attractive and you will for sure going to love the feel of bezel which is premium.

Pros and Cons
    review 5t.jpg

Pro's
    • Screen size - I really loved it how they managed to get this 18:9 display, 6.01" AMOLED display in the same size of OP5
    • Build Quality - In hand experience is really fantastic you can feel the premium quality while sensing it.
    • Specs - Best in the market that is the only reason they're the flagship killer ;)
    • OxygenOS - The best android version I have ever used because of the customization it provides.
    • Battery - Battery life is really tempting because you just have to charge it once a day and you're good to go.
    Con's
    • Camera - There is not so much improvement in terms of camera quality it still resembles the same as it predecessor so it can be improved a lot. As they have improved a little when we see the specs for rear camera 2 but it's not showing much difference while comparing the photographs from OP5 and OP5T.
    • No Oreo - While the launch it was rumored that oreo will be there out of the box but it didn't happened :(
    • No Treble - Customization was the key when OP started and now they are not supporting it, that is really disappointing.
    • No IP67 or Higher - I really wanted the Bea5t to be a all terrain smartphone but it's not there and I'm really missing this thing very badly.

Overall it's the best deal you can get in the market right now because at this price it's the best you can get.
    Yes, it's not the perfect phone but it's a flagship killer and you'll love the experience.
    So my answer to the first question of this post is YES !

I'm not so happy because it's ending now the all geek talks review's and discussions but I'll be there in the forums and will help as much as I can give to the community.

Day 7 : Conclusion Day ends.

GopalB., MentalDraco, Punk_69 and 4 others like this.
  8. ishan_z
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2017

ishan_z , Dec 2, 2017 :
    I hope you win this challenge !
    Really liked your review series ;)

beastkay likes this.
  9. Punk_69
    Lollipop Dec 3, 2017

Punk_69 , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Nice ending part, loved it

beastkay likes this.
  10. beastkay
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2017

11. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2017

MentalDraco , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Congrats on the end !

beastkay likes this.
  12. beastkay

13. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2017

MentalDraco , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Should have had some fireworks, an explosion perhaps ala note 7 :D to celebrate.

beastkay likes this.
  14. beastkay

beastkay , Dec 3, 2017 :
    LOL :D

15. beastkay
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2017

beastkay , Dec 4, 2017 :
    TYSM :)

16. beastkay
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2017

beastkay , Dec 7, 2017 :
    Thanks a lot buddy you want me to win :)

17. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 14, 2017

GopalB. , Dec 14, 2017 :
    Oneplus 3/3t chargers were not so bulky... :rolleyes:
    But still true that... :rolleyes:

Let's see till when they keep it tho... :p

I like that bulk... Oneplus 5 camera is pointy in a way... :rolleyes:

We are greedy and there is nothing wrong with that...
    :cool:

You were not the one driving it right!!! :eek:

Ha ha ha... Nice one... ;)
    Don't do that on regular basis tho...
    Not good for your screen... :)

Same here... ;):p

All and all, great review...
    I liked the way you explained everything... :)

beastkay likes this.
  18. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 14, 2017

GopalB. , Dec 14, 2017 :
    And I forgot...
    Great clicks bro...
    Really...
    I loved those pictures... :)
    100.JPG
    Full marks for you... ;)

Thumbs-Up.JPG
    And a double thumbs up... :p:D

beastkay likes this.
  19. beastkay
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 14, 2017

beastkay , Dec 14, 2017 :
    Thank yo so much for these detailed comments :)

GopalB. likes this.
  20. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 14, 2017

GopalB. , Dec 14, 2017 :
    Thanks for noticing... :p

beastkay likes this.