7T display Purple Smear via OnePlus 7T

1. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2019

Madhuresh , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 13, 2019 :
    Hey guys recently i noticed my 7T's display is having purple smearing while scrolling with dark mode activated is this is normal thing or should i go for a replacement? Link to a youtube video demonstrating how the effect looks like ( ). Please let me know if you guys are facing the same issue. Thankyou.

Dhruv Kashyap likes this.
  2. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Oct 13, 2019

Dhruv Kashyap , Oct 13, 2019 :
    its fine buddy, i got ur point and had the same quesry, i went to the exclusive service center and they told its absolutely fine, just an animation

3. Actify
    Donut Oct 13, 2019

Actify , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 13, 2019 :
    Well that's a terrible animation.

4. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Oct 13, 2019

5. mlodykaras
    Froyo Oct 13, 2019

mlodykaras , Oct 13, 2019 :
    This is not an animation. This is purple smear from Amoled displays. Basically pixel response is slow when transitioning from black(turned off?) to grey. I had the same thing with 6t and no wonder we get dark mode not black mode everywhere ;)

Lamcza likes this.
  6. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2019

7. mlodykaras
    Froyo Oct 13, 2019

mlodykaras , Oct 13, 2019 :
    No not yet. I'm in EU so I'm waiting patiently to order it on the 17th but considering the amount of bugs and some features missing (back home navigation or hiding the notch as an example) maybe I will wait a bit and see how things unfold with software updates. Also over saturation in pictures worries me a bit but that hopefully could be and will be fixed with the next updates.

8. Cherarules
    Eclair Oct 18, 2019

Cherarules , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Yes it is normal on amoled screen