7T McLaren TMO (US) Received via OnePlus Community App

1. arcanexvi
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2019

arcanexvi , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Just got my phone in hand this morning and the color scheme is amazing. I'm not normally one to buy cases but the McLaren theme with the carbon fiber and alcantara had me intrigued so I'll use it for a bit but it feels like a crime to hide the back side of this thing.

Does NOT come with a factory screen protector.

I live in the Schaumburg/Hoffman/Inverness area of IL which isn't listed as 5G but I am definitely getting full strength service and the 5G is nice in Schaumburg as LTE is super congested.

Phone got a ~50mb update on initial setup. Firmware is currently sitting at 10.0.14

The McLaren theme is beautiful and matches the phone trim nicely.

Any other questions let me know!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019

Ebojager likes this.
  2. Hittori
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

Hittori , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Quick question, which tempered screen protector have you purchased and where?

3. arcanexvi
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2019

Bluecat08 likes this.
  4. jhovictor19
    Froyo Dec 9, 2019

jhovictor19 , Dec 9, 2019 :
    im looking for thin clear case also. sad to hide the back of the phone since its a part of what i loved about the ohone

5. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Dec 9, 2019

The1Lion , Dec 9, 2019 :
    It be interesting to see how it performs downtown, do you work downtown? Curious to see how well it works indoors as our office building reception is tricky at times.

6. arcanexvi
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2019

arcanexvi , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 9, 2019 :
    nah I work in the burbs but Schaumburg which is normally awful is actually usable.

7. truckdewdlarry , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Mine arrived Friday afternoon. I live in the Kansas City area. Loving the phone. Did get a small update during setup then got a second one later that evening that brought it up to the November 1st security patch. I did, like some other users get that pop up message about MMS settings not being configured correctly and correct ones being sent and then losing my signal but I was able to fix it by going into reset options and doing a network reset and it fixed the issue.

I get LTE at my house in Eastern Independence, MO in the Kansas City area cause we live in a small pocket of LTE but most of the rest of the Kansas City Metro area is 5G. I even got 5G at my wife's parent's house across town and they live in a condo that is surrounded on 2 sides by earth with a condo above them and one next to them.

Bluecat08 likes this.
  8. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Dec 9, 2019

The1Lion , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Surprised, I'd thought Schaumburg would be good for signal strength. Although North of the city, it seems just as congested and populated so I thought it'd have better coverage. I'm a bit West in the Downers Grove area and it's not too bad although I'm using Mint Mobile which is a MVNO that uses TMo network.

9. arcanexvi
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2019

arcanexvi , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 9, 2019 :
    signal strength isn't the issue. it's the congestion there. waaaay too many people without enough data pipe. I'll be full signal with ~1-10mb downstream. now that they're prioritizing 5g on the tower, it'll be usable til there are too many people on it lol

10. rubenfmiquel
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2019

rubenfmiquel , Dec 23, 2019 :
    I have the same phone too and I like alot.I bought a clear case and it looks pretty dope. Quick question to all of you, are you guys running issues with the fingerprint sensors while setting it up or using it? I'm also new to the one Plus community.

12. FMITAP
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2019

FMITAP , Dec 23, 2019 :
    I purchased the Pure Gear tempered glass screen protector from T-Mobile for $45, I believe, the day I bought my 7T Pro McClaren, and the fingerprint scanner NEVER worked with the tempered glass on it. I returned it, and bought a 3 pack of soft plastic screen protectors from Amazon for 9 bucks, and the fingerprint scanner works flawlessly on both my phone and my girlfriend's. I'd recommend you to be wary and research before buying one.

13. G_Andrew_Bush_AOMc , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 1, 2020 :
    I live in Antioch Illinois along the Wisconsin border and have a steady 5g signal in town. Download speeds have been holding fairly steady between 50-65, Uploads between 18-22. No fast battery drain or gps issues so far. Even with 5g on and 90hz, the battery drain is pretty much equivalent to what I experienced with my Note 9.
    View attachment 1223074

14. jhovictor19 , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 1, 2020 :
    May I ask which clear case did you get?
    and no, mine doesn't have any issues with the finger print scanner maybe because I'm not using a screen protector.

Mama0419 likes this.
  16. Bear3825
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2020

Bear3825 , Jan 5, 2020 :
    I decided not to cover up anything. I ordered the Impact Flex front and back protectors along with the Crash Guard from Rhinoshield. Protection while keeping the beauty of the phone.

17. dpgx81
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2020

dpgx81 , Jan 6, 2020 :
    I just switched to Tmobile after AT&T bumping my bill by 35% this month and picked up a 7T Pro 5G Mclaren edition. Really cool experience unboxing, and the phone is beautiful. Looking forward to working with it over the next few weeks, I haven't purchased a OP product in a couple gens and missed the products and community.

Y1578506583212 likes this.
  18. 1sl02
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2020

1sl02 , Jan 8, 2020 :
    haven't gotten out of the single digits for any speed test websites on 5G in Colorado Springs. yay.

ordered a spigen case from Amazon until i can get something better. i like the phone, especially the aesthetics, but this network is way too slow. waiting for support from TMo.