8.0 Update Issues

1. Natertater1102
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

Natertater1102 , Dec 6, 2017 :
    I'm having lots of problems with my OnePlus 3. Significant battery drain, apps crashing, entire OnePlus Launcher crashing, lag issues, responsiveness issues, and random screen blackouts.

2. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Dec 6, 2017

Hydra Bob , Dec 6, 2017 :
    So is everyone else on Oreo. If you don't want to deal with it you can always roll back to Nougat and wait for a more stable version of Oreo.

3. HellsDelight
    Froyo Dec 7, 2017

HellsDelight , Dec 7, 2017 :
    Everyone else? Is there another thread for it?
    Im having issues too but less in regards to the ones mentioned above. I sometimes have responsiveness issues but I had those before the update too only that this time they stay with a factory reset. Lag issues I mainly have with Games like Gems of War other than that they mostly happen while downloading App Updates in the background (which is not a new issue to me).

Current issues I have:
    1. OxygenOs 5.0 / Android 8.0
      1. Wifi can only be disabled or enabled now when moving Notifications down. Before that I could easily change different Wifis. Now I need to go to Settings - Wifi to switch a Wifi
      2. Phone doesn't unlock anymore when saying OK Google but it works unlocked.
      3. Wifi Icon sometimes shows as not connected but when swiping down it shows correctly as connected.
      4. Responsiveness issues sometimes
      5. Music gesture not working anymore. It still vibrates so Pause and Next Track are getting registered but nothing else happens. Flashlight and Camera gestures are still working
      6. Gems of War lag issues

4. G_Devendra_Bisht_XixU
    Donut Dec 7, 2017

5. F_Bhavin_Lad_VbQM
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2017

F_Bhavin_Lad_VbQM , Dec 7, 2017 :
    how to roll back to nougat??

6. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Dec 7, 2017

Hydra Bob , Dec 7, 2017 :
    Well if you haven't already, I would try wiping the cache and performing a factory reset first. But if you've tried those and still no luck you can download previous versions of their software on OnePlus's website and tools called adb and fastboot from Android that will allow you to flash the ROM you downloaded to your phone. There is plenty of documentation that explains how to use these tools so search for a guide that will explain better than I could but if you get stuck I'll try to help. And as always factory resetting or flashing a previous version will erase your data, so BACKUP beforehand.

Edit: Apparently downgrading from Oreo requires the use of a special beta build of Nougat. So do your research and use the proper software as I will not be held responsible for any damage you cause to your device.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017

7. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Dec 7, 2017

Hydra Bob , Dec 7, 2017 :
    Well everyone else might be an overstatement. It seems that many people who are having problems are having success with clearing the cache or performing a factory reset. If the problems persist after these steps, you can either wait for a stable build of Oreo or you can roll back to Nougat. It can be a bit tricky to roll back if you don't have experience with such things so I won't try to explain. Search for guides on how to do so if you're willing to take the risk. I will say to make sure you flash the right Nougat beta build if you do as using the wrong image will brick your device.

8. Anjoschka
    Froyo Dec 11, 2017

Anjoschka , Dec 11, 2017 :
    Hi,
    I am experiencing issues since the update. I dont get any notifications from my calenders anymore. Neither from the google calender nor from my cloudcalender.

I already tried to turn off the battery optimization for the apps but I still dont receive any of the notifications :(

9. fungo94
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2017

fungo94 , Dec 11, 2017 :
    For the wifi problem, if you hold tbe icon on the notification bar it will take you to the wifi setting.

HellsDelight likes this.