8 Pro sent to repair center in Texas via OnePlus 6T

1. Snoresville
    Donut Aug 4, 2020

Snoresville , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I live in Florida, I sent my 8 Pro (12/256 gb in Ultramarine Blue) to the repair center in Texas on Thursday, July 30th through UPS and the phone is supposed to arrive at the repair center today (August 4th). It says that the phone has departed the Dallas / Fort Worth Texas airport yesterday (Augsust 3rd). Does that mean it is going to another airport or another country? Or is it normal for the UPS website to say the phone left the airport?

I don't have another phone to use right now while mine is being fixed (I only have enough money to cover the cost for the repair, so I wasn't able to get a loaner phone). The last time I had my 6T (which I don't have anymore) repaired it took almost a month for the phone to be fixed. Right now I am using someone else's phone to post this.

2. yashwant24
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2020

3. bdlandis
    Eclair Aug 4, 2020

bdlandis , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Very normal. The phone probably left the airport UPS center and either went to the local UPS distribution hub to get on a truck for delivery to the repair center, or went to a repair center at the airport itself. Lots of companies run repair centers at large shipping centers (Nashville, TN has a huge one that many laptop manufacturers use, for example.)

UPS tends to have lots of location changes in their updates, any time a package moves, it gets scanned and the location is updated. Even if it just goes across the parking lot to a different "location," it will get scanned and "leave" and "arrive."

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020

Snoresville likes this.