8T in 80 Challenge | Share your first impressions of the 8T!

1. G_NIBU_MATHEW_PhIl
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2020

2. nadeemaflah
    Froyo Oct 21, 2020

nadeemaflah , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Apart from the 65W charger the rest of the features didn't seem to make it special than the existing OnePlus 8 series.
    Personally, I did not like the rear camera module design. Others may have liked, but not me.
    You could have just made a new unique design. said:

I still don't know why those 2MP Macro camera is used, just for the sake of claiming to have more no. of cameras?
    Also, you should put IP Rating on these phones, when they cost above INR 40k.

3. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Oct 21, 2020

camohan , Oct 21, 2020 :
    That moment you click on red fonts with the hope that it is a hyperlink :D:D:D

Aditya Javadekar likes this.
  4. McJader
    Marshmallow Oct 21, 2020

McJader , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Why would you hope that ? o_O

5. G_Richard_Romero_RspW
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2020

G_Richard_Romero_RspW , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Disappointing. The water bottle is fine I guess but I would much much much rather have been able to get a case to help protect my brand new, expensive device. Also it's already having location issues after one night, so I have to go to AT&T to see if I need to pay for a new sim card, even though it was fine in my OnePlus 6 (which came with a case in the box and cost several hundred less). If you guys are going to raise your prices this much, you should continue to offer the same quality I've expected from my last two devices. Currently very unhappy.

6. Auzzya likes this.
  7. aniesh1114
    Donut Oct 21, 2020

aniesh1114 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Bugs bugs and only bugs in this phone. Os is unstable.Hope they comes out with an update before return period is over or else will try to return it.

harshilnihalani and Auzzya like this.
  8. sritejkoduru
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 21, 2020

sritejkoduru , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    That's a flicker sensor.

9. Gopuu_varma
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2020

Gopuu_varma , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Its the best looking mobile till now slim and sleek design with superb features...great camera quality super amoled display with punch in camera which gives screen a great impact of wide range movie experience...

10. VegasDaveK
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2020

VegasDaveK , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Eighty words to say
    First impressions I shall say
    Haikus of 8T.

Came from a G7
    LG fanboy since G2
    Too slow to update.

Simply hate curved screens
    Edges break too easily
    Flat screen, oh the joy!

The AMOLED stuns
    Refreshing now super smooth
    Although I'm #TeamSpeed.

Dragon 8 6 5
    Tons of RAM and storage space
    Specs are to the nines!

My first OnePlus Phone
    Pop-Up box with free Ear Buds
    And warp 65.

YRJ likes this.
  11. Deactivated User
    Oct 22, 2020

Auzzya likes this.
  12. Deactivated User
    Oct 22, 2020

Auzzya likes this.
  13. Deactivated User
    Oct 22, 2020

Auzzya likes this.
  14. J1597040967424
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

15. RoyDecoy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2020

RoyDecoy , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    But dude isn't this comment 2yrs late?
    I mean it started happening since 6T so...

Not a fan of bluetooth either but future is wireless, need to accept it some day.

Auzzya likes this.
  16. Anubhavxbuzz
    Donut Oct 22, 2020

Anubhavxbuzz , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Shifted from 6T ,not soo happy with changes ..shitty dialer and msgs app feels like m using cheap oneplus Nord .No premium feel 😤 highlydisappointed ..
    Performance -suprb
    Camera -average
    Dialer and msgs app makes overall feel cheaper side .

Auzzya likes this.
  17. Sanket.Doshi
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

Sanket.Doshi , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Just treated myself with the OP8T 12gb version. I used a OP5 earlier. I must say I'm definitely not impressed with the upgrade. Here's my 2 cents. It's been only 3 days using the phone. The only good thing I feel about this is the difference between 60hz &120hz. I mean it's super smooth. Issues I have been facing are
    A - Low signal strength. I use dual sims and the network strength on both of them has been low as compared to my OP5 in my house and office spots

B - since I use dual sims the battery doesn't even last the day. I'm not a heavy user by any means and still my OP5 manages to stay alive for the entire day on dual sims without any fuss. I think the problem is due to the fact that the signal strength is weak on the new phone and that's why the battery is draining fast.due to this I think the phone charging is also not as good as advertised mine takes an hour to fully charge.

C - Camera I knew wasn't flagship quality but it's not even mid range quality I feel. My wife just bought 300$ vivo v20 and that camera kills the OP8T by a mile.

D - Phone hangs a lot. I used OnePlus Switch to move all my apps from the old phone. I feel this has caused app delays/crashes while using them.

E - The damn phone wouldn't just register my left thumb. It's been so annoying to unlock it as I'm left handed user. I'm not an industrial worker or so that my thumb has been bruised or scarred it's just a normal thumb but the phone just wouldn't register it. And wearing a mask has worsened the problem as face unlock also would work.

Is anyone facing the same issues??Would love to hear any solutions or tricks. I hope future updates would solve my battery, fingerprint & network issues.

18. McJader
    Marshmallow Oct 22, 2020

McJader , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Is this 80 words, by any chance?

Auzzya likes this.
  19. CrixalisTR
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

20. jrsamp
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2020

jrsamp , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Can I share in 80 words my impressions of what you did to the 5 / 5t series, with an upgrade to Android 10 in May, which left cell phones full of problems and without having tried to solve anything so far?
    Mine blocks the screen two or three times a day and is stored in a drawer, nor can I sell it because in this state it has no cash value! :mad::(