8T or wait for 9 via OnePlus 3

1. ankushkala.07
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2020

ankushkala.07 , via OnePlus 3 , Nov 4, 2020 :
    I have OnePlus 3T which is still in perfect working condition and have no problems and I was planning to buy OnePlus 8T but then reviews came and everyone of them were criticizing OnePlus 8T for its camera and built quality. Then there are something which are also missing on OnePlus 8T like call recording (which doesn't make an announcement while recording) which is present in my 3T. Then there are some leaks about Snapdragon 875 which is supposed to be a big upgrade over 865.
    Now I am very confused whether I go ahead n buy 8T or wait for 9. Please Help.

2. SobinZz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 4, 2020

SobinZz , Nov 4, 2020 :
    OnePlus 9 is surely the best option to buy, if you're looking for the best flagship device. But the problem is, it is expected to launch on mid-march 2021 as some sources say or can delay further ahead. The phone should be quite expensive than Oneplus 8Pro as SD875 is 50% will be more costly than 865 according to some leaks.

So if you're willing to wait some months and ready to pay the money according to its price, then OnePlus 9 is the perfect choice. And if not, then check out 8T or 8 Pro. They're not that bad as well.

3. rusi.rusev
    Froyo Nov 4, 2020

rusi.rusev , Nov 4, 2020 :
    Well...I would prefer 8T since SD865 with 12GB ram won't be outdated anytime soon, also it is on the market quite for a while and you won't experience some surprises which can occur with new products on the market. Build quality - what's wrong with it? Maybe I missed something, but as I can't see anything obvious on my unit. Call recording is a bit of a legal issue so as much as I know recently it is even limited or disabled by Android itself(not 100% sure about it.) I used to be Huawei (P9, P10 and P30) user and that is my first OP phone and I bought it because it is without curved display, which is kind of important for me. and with very positive reviews.

4. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018; Community Scholar 2020 Nov 4, 2020

the_o2 , Nov 4, 2020 :
    Nobody knows the price of 9 if it higher than 8T would you still go for it...

buntycubal and cdnfarmer like this.
  5. Albyrock80
    Eclair Dec 11, 2020

Albyrock80 , Dec 11, 2020 :
    I'm in the same situation.
    I have a Huawei P10 and after 3 years and 6 months it's time to change it.
    But I have a big doubt whether to buy an 8T or wait for 9.
    My P10 still works pretty well for the moment so I might as well wait but last month I turned 40 and I wanted to get myself a nice gift.
    Right now the Lunar version of the 8T here in Italy is almost nowhere to be found.
    What do you think?

cdnfarmer likes this.
  6. Matt 80
    Lollipop Dec 11, 2020

Matt 80 , Dec 11, 2020 :
    Don't buy either of them, buy a Samsung instead.

7. tiaxani
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2020

tiaxani , Dec 11, 2020 :
    I’m in the same situation, but I’m waiting for the Oneplus 9 launch so there would be easiest to decide
    If it has the implementation I want, I go for the 9, but if it’s not, I’d rather 8T

buntycubal and cdnfarmer like this.
  8. Albyrock80
    Eclair Dec 11, 2020

I don't understand, on the Oneplus forum do you advise me to take a Samsung? Are you kidding or are you serious? Apart from that I never liked Samsung and I still don't like them but the discussion is about 8T or wait until 9. I don't understand what your answer is about.

chinnidiwakar likes this.
  9. Albyrock80
    Eclair Dec 11, 2020

I think in the end I will do it too, I will wait for the 9 to be presented and it will have some important improvements and the cost will be right I will choose.
    I also hope that if I decide to get an 8T when the 9 launches it will go down in price.

cdnfarmer and tiaxani like this.
  10. Matt 80
    Lollipop Dec 11, 2020

Matt 80 , Dec 11, 2020 :
    Of course I'm serious, why wouldn't I be?

I was giving my opinion that Samsung is a better alternative. That's what happens on forums, people give opinions.

malidan, the_o2, ghostofcain and 2 others like this.
  11. Albyrock80
    Eclair Dec 11, 2020

If the post was "better 8T or Samsung" then your opinion would make sense, but since the post is about 8T or 9 I think you are totally offtopic. Then I find it meaningless to talk about Samsung on an Oneplus forum!
    People usually give opinions that make logical sense to what you are talking about in that discussion and not about things that have nothing to do with.
    Forums are usually used like this.
    It's as if you asked what do you prefer between a bwm or an audi and you answered mercedes ... what's the matter? nothing!
    If neither of you like not to answer, don't you think?

12. Matt 80
    Lollipop Dec 11, 2020

Matt 80 , Dec 11, 2020 :
    If you think my comment is off topic, then feel free to report it.

And I am free to discuss Samsung or any other brand in the tech forum.

Final question....why are you so hostile?

malidan and buntycubal like this.
  13. sfomin
    Nougat Dec 11, 2020

sfomin , Dec 11, 2020 :
    I am with you. Samsung FTW, TouchWiz is king :cool:

malidan, buntycubal and Matt 80 like this.
  14. Albyrock80
    Eclair Dec 11, 2020

I am not hostile but realistic.
    I repeat because perhaps the concept is not clear.
    It's just a question of logic!
    If we are talking about Oneplus 8T or Oneplus 9 .... why answer Samsung?
    I find it simply an answer that has nothing to do with it and that doesn't help anyone on the topic of the thread.
    But maybe it's too complicated to understand!

15. Matt 80
    Lollipop Dec 11, 2020

Matt 80 , Dec 11, 2020 :
    You ended your comment with "what do you think?“

I told you what I think, don't buy either and buy a Samsung. There's nothing wrong with expanding on threads topic.
    Not being hostile huh?

ghostofcain and buntycubal like this.
  16. Albyrock80
    Eclair Dec 11, 2020

what do you think is reported between 8T and 9 .... we are talking about this nothing else. however forget it, it is useless. It is I who am hostile ... yes! Sorry.

17. tiaxani
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2020

tiaxani , Dec 14, 2020 :
    Exactly !

18. akira8473
    Cupcake Dec 16, 2020

akira8473 , Dec 16, 2020 :
    well back on topic
    I have an s10plus .. while its a pretty nice phone, i cant unlock the bootloader or root it, I'm tired of the samsung eco system, and their recent push to introduce fake bugs when phones are fixed. they are becoming to apple..
    I would like to go back to oneplus
    I was looking at the 8t or 8pro . wondering if its worth waiting till 9pro
    maybe if the price for the 8 pro drops it would be worth it
    the specs are top tier , i can imagine need anymore that what's offered now for then next few years

19. Albyrock80
    Eclair Dec 17, 2020

Albyrock80 , Dec 17, 2020 :
    Today I read a news that with Snapdragon 888, oneplus 9, the Major Andoird updates could be extended and granted for 4 years. This only if the Brands want to made it. But I think it's a good news and a strong point for the new generation of smartphone.

20. Matt 80
    Lollipop Dec 18, 2020

Matt 80 , Dec 18, 2020 :
    It would be great if android devices closed the gap to iphones with their 5 years old software support.

McJader and buntycubal like this.