8T screen issues

1. PhantomSpirit
    Donut Oct 24, 2020

PhantomSpirit , Oct 24, 2020 :
    I've had the 8t for a couple of days now, and I've noticed sometimes it doesn't correctly or fully register the presses on the screen, has anyone had any issues with the screen and/or elements not working when pressing them?

dr_rick13 and A.Saketh Gupta like this.

3. PhantomSpirit
    Donut Oct 24, 2020

PhantomSpirit , Oct 24, 2020 :
    Fair enough, it is a new device with a new version of android which is to be expected, but my concern is if it is hardware related I need to get a replacement now, not wait until I can't get a replacement unit, and that is what I am trying to figure out if it is just software kinks or hardware issues

4. PhantomSpirit
    Donut Oct 26, 2020

PhantomSpirit , Oct 26, 2020 :
    Bump, anyone? Seriously guys, no one has any suggestions or is experiencing the issue? I am rather disappointed in One plus and the quality of the device this time around. So much money for nothing.....

5. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Oct 26, 2020

Scherpenseel , Oct 26, 2020 :
    I've noticed this also since last Oxygen update. (it was not happening out of the box). I've already submitted a bug report for this. Maybe you should this as well. (starting a forum thread is not bug reporting).

6. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 26, 2020

dsmonteiro , Oct 26, 2020 :
    I would advise you to submit a bug report like @Scherpenseel did. This will help the Bug Hunters pinpoint the source of this issue. Meanwhile, you can also reach out to Customer Support, as they may be able to provide you more information on this.

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  7. PhantomSpirit
    Donut Oct 26, 2020

PhantomSpirit , Oct 26, 2020 :
    Indeed writing a forum post is by no means a bug report, but it is a way to figure out of it is an isolated issue and/or software or hardware related. A sample of one isn't exactly indicative.

I am fairly certain I've been experiencing this issue right out of the box, as having to click on things multiple times becomes rather noticeable and annoying after awhile.
    I've already spoken with customer support and they haven't been able to suggest anything I haven't tried, due to that I've got a replacement device on the way. I'll be able to confirm if it is software or hardware related in the next couple of days.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  8. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Oct 26, 2020

Scherpenseel , Oct 26, 2020 :
    I've got 2 friends with the same phone, and the issues with screen started on all 3 phones after updating oxygen. So for me it's software for sure.

9. PhantomSpirit
    Donut Oct 28, 2020

PhantomSpirit , Oct 28, 2020 :
    Got the replacement device. Haven't had much time to test it, but the issue doesn't seem to be present so far. I'll be doing a more extensive test on it over the weekend before updating it to the latest version of Oxygen. That will produce a more definitive answer regarding the cause of the issue.

10. dr_rick13
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2020

dr_rick13 , Oct 28, 2020 :
    I havent had issues with the screen not registering my touches but scrollling/touch input seems to be lagging.
    Very visible in comparison to 7Pro. Scrolling in reddit or Google Photos for example, takes maybe 3 times as long to get to the same spot. Anybody else encounter this?