90HZ is a high refresh rate , well think again Sharp are back with 240HZ

1. malidan
    Nougat Jan 9, 2020

malidan , Jan 9, 2020 :
    @ilovesoneplus
    @Loveit
    Look that fake account builder suppNyUs is back after giving the game away by getting mixed with whom answered what:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:.

People get caught making shrill accounts and are still allowed on the forum. :weary:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020

Loveit likes this.
  2. malidan
    Nougat Jan 9, 2020

malidan , Jan 9, 2020 :
    I dunno why you come to the thread to advertise your OP, this is a high refreshrate screen thread and you don't have one.:rolleyes:
    People can't see the difference because there isn't much to see.
    Checkout Technology jocks pranks and see how easily people believe something is there if you tell them it is, even when it isn't. :D

I'm glad the 7 Pro fit the bill for you, a hardware defected 90hz( when 120 has been available for years) , ghost touches and discoloured screen just didn't do it for me at the price.:(

3. Loveit
    KitKat Jan 9, 2020

Loveit , Jan 9, 2020 :
    Oh good. This section was starting to lack in dedicated cheerleaders, nice to have balance back..

malidan likes this.
  4. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2020

ilovesoneplus , Jan 9, 2020 :
    :)

5. SuppNyUs
    Honeycomb Jan 9, 2020

SuppNyUs , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 9, 2020 :
    Looks like moderators are really nice X) yee I'm lucky aren't I. But don't worry I'm not here anymore to discredit the phone you're promoting, I'm just looking at what people got to say on it. 😛

6. aenews
    KitKat Jan 9, 2020

aenews , Jan 9, 2020 :
    120Hz has not been available for years on OLED. This was the only high refresh rate QHD OLED panel at launch. Yes. You could get 120Hz QHD on a grand total of one device prior to the 7 Pro (Razer Phone 2) if you settled for IPS.

Frankly, I don't understand how you say with a straight face that high refresh rate makes little difference. It's easy to differentiate between 60Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz (for me). Again, if this is really the case for you, that's fine. You're no better than those who say QHD makes no difference. Are you really arguing placebo? The real reason people find it hard to differentiate is likely limited exposure to high refresh rates (average consumer has mainly used 60Hz displays most of their lives and is not aware of refresh rate) and differencing sensitivity. It's not much different from the early days when QHD was introduced to smartphones and people argued whether it was necessary. Heck. People argued the same even when FHD (1080P) was first introduced to smartphones. There were serious debates whether it was a noticeable improvement over HD (720P). Which seems crazy now. You seem that crazy to me. But I understand that people see differently, so it may just be limited sensitivity in your case if you can't tell even after prolonged exposure over time. However, you shouldn't act like others can't see the difference just because it isn't obvious to you.

Malidan. I don't have ghost touch issues or a "discolored" screen. Neither have I had them on any OnePlus device. Also should not matter since there is such a thing as Warranty. You always seem to act like problematic issues are exceedingly common based on forum threads. Obviously, complaints will be more prevalent in any forum. This is not unusual. It also seems weird to me that you'd make those claims for the 7 Pro. Sure, the 7T has a much lower grade panel. No question. I'd believe some coloration issues are comparably more common. But the 7 Pro? It has a high grade panel from Samsung.

On another note, I just got a Razer Phone 2 for testing.

SuppNyUs likes this.
  7. malidan
    Nougat Jan 9, 2020

malidan , Jan 9, 2020 :
    Nobody promoted anything other than New TECH. This seem to be a concept beyond the OP fan. :rolleyes:

8. SuppNyUs
    Honeycomb Jan 9, 2020

9. malidan
    Nougat Jan 10, 2020

malidan , Jan 10, 2020 :
    What! 120hz was out for 4 years before OP smelt it and you talk about settling.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
    The Razor for 2 year
    90hz Amoled ROG 1 year.
    This is the nature of the OP fan, always looking for free fame.
    120hz is 120 Hz no matter what tech the screen is. This is a numbers thing not an opinion thing. :rolleyes:

The first QHD 90hz means nothing and makes no odds other than slow the devise down, lack of optimisation.
    The Chinese and hype merchants have become obsessed with this first nonsense,
    the 7T Pro and 7T were supposed to be the first to announce 10 out of the box, but they weren't Sharp announced the day before. But essentially where does that get you, when the OP's are on 10 stuck with a November patch and Samaung who released almost 3 month later has a January patch.

Hype just doesn't get the job done, the fanfare is over and now its down to real lifex that means running upto 3 month behind on security patches and running a refreshrate that is unsupported.

Who said high refreshrates make no difference, I said in normal usage and 90hz most defiantly not. The people who tested 90 in normal usage also saw no difference, this is now the case in more than one test.
    The beauty of the ROG 2 is that you have all 3 rates and anybody I have given the phone to saw no difference they thought worth mentioning until it got to 120hz.

As I said look at the Tech Jockeys video. He told people to try Chrome in 60 and 90 with upto 20% saying they saw no differance and they were right because the app was locked at 60hz. These were owners of a OP and this is what they power of suggestion does it make people think there is something there, the reviewer said he was shocked by the results as he laughed. :confused:

Come on don't start telling me the usual I don't have, when owners of the latest devices have reported what was reported on the early devices. That's Mclarens , 7T Pro and 7T and 7pro, so there is an issue with a sizeable thread and OP pushed software masks to that effect.You never seem to have any of the long list of issue on every single phone, amazing that.

Maybe I don't see that much of a difference because the Mate 20 Pro and the P30 Pro are so smooth and the touch response excellent or maybe it's because I don't do abnormal things to try to see it. But I do see it in gaming when the pressure is really on, that's most likely why a few reviewers have said the Rog 2 is the only phone that does not lag in gaming.

But this nonsense people say about they can't go back to 60hz is just that a nonsense, it must be that the OP's 60 Hz is so bad I wonder what would they say if they had a 120 or a 240hz.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how close the 60Hz screens get to the 90Hz once the same boost tweeks have been applied, as the iPhones have had fast and smooth scrolling for years and in a side by side test the OP lagged in browsing and the iPhone didn't. ;)