90HZ is a high refresh rate , well think again Sharp are back with 240HZ

1. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 18, 2019

Liehjan , Oct 18, 2019 :
    will go to a store this weekend and check it out in person, never seen a phone with 120hz display before so I'm exited for that one :cool:

malidan likes this.
  2. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 18, 2019

malidan , Oct 18, 2019 :
    The phone is impressive a d seen as I always uaee a case it didn't seem too bulky either.

3. JAGADISH BHATTA
    Jelly Bean Oct 18, 2019

JAGADISH BHATTA , Oct 18, 2019 :
    So why people are buying 144Hz gaming monitors :rolleyes:

FlixbusLennart likes this.
  4. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Oct 18, 2019

5. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 18, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Half the games are stuck on 30FPS cap, other half is 60 and 3 games have a setting to enable over 60FPS.

6. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 18, 2019

malidan , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Some people keeps talking yet they can not prove anything..
    We know for a fact the 90hz is not a high refresh rate, so I have no idea why some are crying .
    Luckily OP fans proved the Placebo effect when they claimed to see a difference between 60Hz and 60Hz in the Tech Jock survey. He told them It was 90hz when it was actually 60hz. :tearsofjoy:
    You just got to love that one.

Some people always have to cry cry cry.

7. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Oct 18, 2019

Discostu , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , Oct 18, 2019 :
    You're absolutely right. Some people can't prove anything, specifically you.

You made the assertion that no one can perceive the difference between 60 & 90hz however offer no such scientific study to prove your statement.

Until you do, you're providing false and misleading information which has no basis in reality. However I do look forward to reading your peer reviewed scientific study on the human eye & it's relationship to the brain in perceiving refresh rates.

8. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 18, 2019

malidan , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Study?
    I will just laugh at the fact that 10 out of 10 saw nothing.
    Other saw 60 hz as 90hz.
    The supposed talk of speed doesn't match up with the facts.
    The fact that someone is telling lies again, by saying I said.

no one can perceive the difference between 60 & 90hz.
    The guy has said this multiple times so he knows what he is doing.

When early he had already posted a screenshot of what I said.
    Screenshot_20191018_174410.jpg

There is a big difference between See and PERCIEVE

hqdefault (1).jpg

Sometimes you just have to let people talk themseleves into oblivion. :sunglasses:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019

9. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Oct 18, 2019

Discostu , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Are you really attempting to misquote me? You're steeping so low as to actively spread misinformation that you're going to remove entire parts of my responses to you. So lets look at what you claim I said:
    Capture #1.JPG

Now here is what I have repeatedly said to you:

Capture #2.JPG

You are absolutely correct there is a difference, your eyes see that which you are looking at as a result of physical & chemical reactions in our eyes and brains. Light hits our eyes and sends this information to our brains. This is the Seeing part of it. Perception is how our brains interpret and an analyse the information taken in by our eyes.

And this is where you are failing. You are claiming people cannot perceive the differences between 60 & 90hz because of how the human eye & brain connection work.

So please again, provide a scientific study that demonstrates your assertion that no one can perceive the difference between 60 & 90hz. Until you do, you're simple spreading misinformation which has no basis in reality.

I will also ask you to answer my follow questions seeing as though you ignore them time & time again.

And this question please:
    1152273-e336d492adee03294ccc0d1038b0b5be.jpg
    And also why you continually misquote your own source:

2 --1151597-1bcfd40a3bdd2ea3a9ef356f0db790a2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019

10. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 18, 2019

malidan , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Why is that dude whiting his own word and trying to make out I said perceive.?

Why is the dude highlighting 5 people seeing something they were influenced to see and didn't have 2 device to compare?

Why is the dude highlighting his own word like they mean something.
    The dude was caught in a lie again, he just isn't in the same class and reminds me of the Offline 7 dude that disappeared after a good hammering.

He start by post my words " can not see the difference"
    And after days of waffling he has changed my words to Perceive"

hqdefault (1).jpg

Quotes-DonaldTrump.png

11. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Oct 19, 2019

Discostu , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , Oct 19, 2019 :
    Why can't you answer any of my questions Malidan? Why do you avoid them?

Please point out to me where I was lying.
    Please point out to me how the "test subjects" were influenced

I did not change any of your words. You simply don't understand the relationship between seeing something with your eyes, your brain processing what you see and then the perception which comes from the aforementioned relationship. Perhaps you should study up a bit instead of repeating yourself with no evidence?

So I ask again - please provide your scientific study which demonstrates that no one can perceive the difference between 60 & 90hz. I look forward to reviewing your peer reviewed study.

Until such time you are continuing to spread misinformation.

12. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 19, 2019

malidan , Oct 19, 2019 :
    Do you see how some just continue to talk rubbish, even after you post conflicting statements.
    Do you see how done just lack integrity and make up their own reality.

Quotes-DonaldTrump.png

Where did Malidan say this

You made the assertion that no one can perceive the difference between 60 & 90hz however offer no such scientific study to prove your statement.

hqdefault (1).jpg

13. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Oct 19, 2019

Discostu , Oct 19, 2019 :
    All you are doing Malidan is showing how little you know. It's plainly clear for all to see.

I look forward to reviewing your scientific study that shows people cannot perceive the difference between. 60 & 90hz. And remember Malidan, in order to perceive something you first must see it.

But you won't understand that. Because all you do is take your insights from unqualified bloggers and YouTubers. :D:D:D

Rusty NZ likes this.
  14. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 19, 2019

malidan , Oct 19, 2019 :

And who should we listen to, You and OP2 Rusty. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

And not the same UNQUAULIFIED PEOPLE you refer to when they utter their sponsored rubbish?

And not the same UNQUAULIFIED PEOPLE that acclaimed the 7 Pro's screen to be the FASTEST AND THE SMOOTHEST.

Not the same UNQUAULIFIED PEOPLE that acclaimed the OP7 Pro to be the fastest Android phone they ever used?

NOT the same UNQUAULIFIED PEOPLE that slowed down videos to show a difference in screen latency?

And NOT the same UNQUAULIFIED PEOPLE that acclaimed OP brought 90 Hz to the forefront? :tearsofjoy:

And Not the same UNQUALIFIED PEOPLE that waffled on for 15 to 20 minutes at the OP7T launch.

Do you see the hypocrisy?

Do you see how your words bend with the wind?

Do you see how you have no credabilty what so ever?

The same articles you criticise you quote and highlight from when you think. it is in your favour.:tearsofjoy:

You complained on the forum SAMSUNG DIDN'T update your phone and Tablet

And here you are now spending almost $1000 on a new Samsung tablet.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

What can one say to that?

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-samsung-tab-s6-review.1114685/#post-20902612

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Quotes-DonaldTrump.png

hqdefault (1).jpg

Its a good thing this isn't a court of law, you would have been found guilt days ago.:rolleyes:

May the lord have mercy on your soul. :smilingimp:

@ilovesoneplus
    @Loveit

Check this dude out. :confused:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019

15. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Oct 20, 2019

Discostu , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Hi Malidan,

I cannot help but see that you are once again avoiding my questions. I'll ask them again of you please:

Q1) You asserted that no one can perceive the difference between 60 & 90hz however you offer no scientific study to qualify this statement, please remember that in order to perceive something you first must see it with your eyes. I look forward to receiving your peer reviewed paper soon.

I will also ask you to answer the following question again:

Q2) Why did you post a link to a "youtuber" who proclaims high refresh rate phones are fake? And then buy a high refresh rate phone yourself? In case you have forgotten, here is your post and my question
    Capture.JPG

1153276-47d1913d34114bf8e12ce274d9331982.jpg
    I think I know why you're avoiding answering the above questions and here are my summations.

Q1) You cannot provide evidence that people are unable to perceive the differences between 60 & 90hz because there is no such study, therefore we can conclude that you are spreading misinformation.

Q2) You are avoiding answering my question regarding using a "youtubers" video who asserted high refresh rate phones are "fake" and justifying your unsupported misinformation campaign because it would expose your own hypocrisy in buying a high refresh rate phone. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

16. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 20, 2019

malidan , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Quotes-DonaldTrump.png I will get all these uneducated people the dude has quoted many times in his quest to be right, to answer his own arguement he invented.

Nobody mention Placebo, that is what the dude means by perceive.
    I don't think the dude has seen this tech Jockey video, OP fans at their best.

Screenshot_20191020_234201.jpg

Placebo

Source.

You just have to laugh sometime.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I wonder what the dude thinks of biscuits?l

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019

17. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Oct 20, 2019

Discostu , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Hi Malidan,

Linking my earlier questions to you below, seeing as though you have missed them again in your reply. Look forward to hearing from you soon:

18. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Oct 21, 2019

Discostu , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Hi Malidan,

Linking my questions again seeing as though you once again are avoiding them, remember - bloggers / youtubers and twitter polls are not sources of quality data when you have made the assertion that no one can perceive the difference between 60 & 90hz. Also a reminder of your own hypocrisy in using a video proclaiming high refresh rate phones are "fake" and then purchasing one yourself.

Please also find linked below scientific studies into how humans perceive refresh rates:
    Study 1 (Bauer et al (2012) ): https://jov.arvojournals.org/article.aspx?articleid=2121231
    Study 2 (Davis et al (2015) ): https://www.nature.com/articles/srep07861
    Study 3 (Nakanishi et al (2014) ): https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0099235

19. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 30, 2019

malidan , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Ignorance is bliss nobody mention perceive, this is Visual thread.

The test I illustrated said

No mention of perceive here

You even quoted me as saying.
    Screenshot_20191030_215532.jpg

No mention of perceive here, you even said.
    THE HUMAN EYE CAN'T DETECT.

Where did this percieve come from?

If you want to make an excuses and change the thread subject make our own off topic thread.
    This one is about high refresh rates and there are currently 4 on the mobile phone platform 60 / 90 /120/ 240
    So In the real world 90 is just not a high rate of refresh for a screen on a mobile phone.

Tbh I don't know what OP have in their device, it seems to.be the only one that struggle in this test

Same test

7.Pro 90Hz
    Screenshot_20191030_213224_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_20191030_213208_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

ROG2 60HZ
    Screenshot_20191030-213623357_1.jpg

ROG 2 90Hz
    Screenshot_20191030-213704401_1.jpg

ROG 2 120hz
    Screenshot_20191030-213738437 (1).jpg

No high refresh rate here even at 90 the ROG2 crushes the OP.:p

Loveit likes this.