90HZ is a high refresh rate , well think again Sharp are back with 240HZ

1. malidan
    Marshmallow Nov 13, 2019

malidan , Nov 13, 2019 :
    Your going to have to back that statement with science and the battery size is 3130 mah. ;)
    4 hrs is not an awful lot to beat. :D

2. SuppNyUs
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2019

SuppNyUs , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 13, 2019 :
    Haha 4 hours is just so bad. Having a OnePlus 7 Pro, I can tell you that even with 90Hz enabled + QHD resolution, I can last 2 days with a normal use and a bit of gaming. But, again, 240Hz with 30... Oh sorry sir, I meant 3130 Mah, can't even last half a day. That is really poor, also that's what happens when the only spec that's focused is screen.

3. malidan
    Marshmallow Nov 13, 2019

malidan , Nov 13, 2019 :
    That's a OP my ROG 2 lasted 7 days with 18% and 7hrs of sot at 120 Hz.
    You can find the stats
    Here

So is 4 hrs sot possible? You bet. :p

To build a phone made of glass at 143gm means a smaller battery, with fast charge these days you can get days power in 30 mins. ;)

4. SuppNyUs
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2019

Your "stats" are not existing. Also 7 hours at 120 Hz and 18% is a lie. The iPhone 11 would last way longer than this device, what a shame. Also yes, now a days you can charge your phone really quickly. But not everyone would prefer carry a charger in the pocket than having a big battery and not having to charge it every 4 hours. So this strategy is stupid, why do you think companies are trying to balance the specs ? That's just a question of logic, sir.

5. malidan
    Marshmallow Nov 13, 2019

malidan , Nov 13, 2019 :
    :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I love it when you talk dirty:rolleyes:

6. malidan
    Marshmallow Nov 13, 2019

malidan , Nov 13, 2019 :
    Logic is usually based on facts and you don't have any. :)

7. SuppNyUs
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2019

It's not dirty talk, it's just a fact, if companies made that choice, it's for a good reason. You know, I don't need a bench or a graph to say that 3130 Mah is not enough for a phone with a refresh rate of 240Hz, which is 4 times 60Hz.

8. aenews
    KitKat Nov 13, 2019

aenews , Nov 13, 2019 :
    They probably don't even realize refresh rate is a factor. The layman probably doesn't even know what it is at all. They may notice it but not even realize what they are noticing. It does at least seem to show that they understand the panel on 7 Pro is higher resolution and overall higher quality than the panel on the 6T. They also may just not care enough to have realized the difference. I've met people who don't care about 720P vs. 1080P. Some people prioritize resolution, some frame rate, some neither. I have friends who will take 1080P 120/144Hz over 2160P/60Hz.

This test also isn't very meaningful.
    • You'd need to get a more reasonably-sized and diversified sample size to be able to draw any conclusions from a study. Personally, I've found people who are into technology can readily tell the difference. I wouldn't base judgements on my experience.
    • It does depend on what applications they were running and if the device was actually set to 90Hz (And not 60Hz or Auto). If they were using any applications were not running 90Hz, obviously they would not see a difference.
    • If you use higher refresh rates for a longer period of time, similar to higher resolution, you'll be more likely to see a difference.

Praty_28 likes this.
  9. aenews
    KitKat Nov 13, 2019

aenews , Nov 13, 2019 :
    Interesting. I wonder (quality-wise) how comparable it'll be to the Asus ROG 2 which has a True 10-Bit FHD/120Hz Panel with solid color reproduction and accuracy. Not sure if they cut any corners with this higher refresh-rate panel. If they didn't, that's fantastic.

10. malidan
    Marshmallow Nov 13, 2019

malidan , Nov 13, 2019 :
    From the moment you mention laymen, you're toast, most who have bought a OP7 Pro are Laymens. They had never seen a higher or ever heard of refresh rates. :rolleyes:

11. malidan
    Marshmallow Nov 13, 2019

malidan , Nov 13, 2019 :
    You presented no facts, just opinion.
    4hrs was the figure mentioned, not enough. :rolleyes:

Oh I don't see a 4000mah battery on the 6T or the 7T despite the move from 60 to 90hz, I suppose that decision was made for a good reason too.
    I wonder what that was. ;)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019

12. SuppNyUs
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2019

At OnePlus, we have what we deserve, being customers. We have the fastest updates delivery just behind Google, we have a smooth interface, we have a lot in software, and also in hardware. This is because OnePlus is popular. Now, the unpopular company that presented this phone is not developed yet, so it's normal for us not to buy it. I mean there will be nothing premium at all, just look at the specs, the company clearly focused on one single point, this is bad, look at the extremely poor camera quality for 2019, look at the small and poor battery, look at the poor design, this is not something people want to use everyday, at this point we are just using our money smartly.

13. SuppNyUs
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2019

Well, you want solid facts huh ? Just go watch mrwhostheboww's review on the OnePlus 7t and you'll see, you just can't say that the phone you are promoting is good compared to it. OnePlus always balanced everything for hardware, and they are making great decisions. just look at the specs of OnePlus 7T and this phone, just compare them and see, you will not be able to say that this phone is better that the OnePlus 7T. Also, OnePlus 7T has a bit lower res that 7T Pro, This is why the battery is a tiny bit smaller.

14. SuppNyUs
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2019

Anyway, you can say whatever you want, the OnePlus 7T series are far better than this 2017 looking device. Just look at the specs and the reviews, they'll tell you about how good OnePlus is.

15. malidan
    Marshmallow Nov 14, 2019

malidan , Nov 14, 2019 :
    Dude your becoming a little stalker like now.

Not very popular, sales stard this year have shown that with OP still in with the others.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019

16. malidan
    Marshmallow Nov 14, 2019

malidan , Nov 14, 2019 :
    Mrwhos is not fact that is one man's opinion and I've told you already, the OP spends most of its time at 60hz as there is litlle 90hz content. :tearsofjoy:
    I am not promoting any phone, the thread is about the tech. You fans have zero objectivity.:rolleyes:

17. SuppNyUs
    Gingerbread Nov 14, 2019

SuppNyUs , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 14, 2019 :
    So unpopular that even Google doesn't find many results when I type "Sharp". Dude is this company even existing or is it hard to find ? Seriously how could somebody buy a smartphone from such an unknown company, at this point it could even be a scam (I'm not saying it is).

18. SuppNyUs
    Gingerbread Nov 14, 2019

SuppNyUs , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 14, 2019 :
    Haha don't judge people like that, it's just a child mistake my friend. You know, you just have to take a look at the comments of his video and you'll see what people say, just search correctly if you want to debate :)

19. malidan
    Marshmallow Nov 14, 2019

malidan , Nov 14, 2019 :
    Who mentioned anything about Sharps being popular?
    But if you read back through the thread you will see they are very popular in Japan, tech central
    Child mistake:tearsofjoy: That would be you presenting nothing but fan opinion, no facts and a stack of nonsense.
    4hrs sot dude

20. malidan
    Marshmallow Nov 14, 2019