A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!

1. Xnatty
    Honeycomb May 15, 2019

Xnatty , May 15, 2019 :
    A big disappointment.
    why?

1. Blue and almond color is available only with the higher versions.
    Base version has the dull looking gray.
    Now they are using color as an option to force people to buy the higher versions.

2. Where is the adaptor for the 3.5mm jack.
    I think it's not included in the package.
    so will my audio quality matter if I use a third party adaptor or even a cheaper one.
    really confusing.

3. Bullets wireless - I think that's costly for the quality they offer.

4.OnePlus7 pro can't play games at 90fps.
    But Asus gaming phone can
    so how is the 90hz refresh rate screen being used?
    just for scrolling , I guess.
    What about the bragging about in the keynote.
    guess that all is just a big farce.

https://themrphone.com/tech/oneplus-7-pro-cannot-run-games-90fps-least-not-yet (source)

PS - post taken from @DARTH 007, your time spent on this won't go out without people knowing the truth.
    - mods can't close this as this is not redundant ( since his thread was closed ) , it's not pointless ( since I've literally listed all the points, especially #4 which people should know about before buying) , I have the link to the #4 point which is needed to create a claim about something as concerning as this and finally as a user of OnePlus I have the right to criticize OnePlus.

1557935804250.jpg

1557935804317.jpg

2. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2019

GuitarHero0179 , May 15, 2019 :
    It's still kind of a redundant thread as all discussion about the phone can be done in the larger threads about the phones (discussion/rumours) ;)

About point 2: indeed no adapter. 3rd party shouldn't make a difference regarding audio quality as it's just a converter. The DAC is more important.

4 I don't game on my phone but I love a 90hz display. You really notice the difference with everything as scrolling and animations feel buttersmooth. You can compare by walking into an apple store and checking the difference in iPad displays for example

3. Xnatty
    Honeycomb May 15, 2019

Xnatty , May 15, 2019 :
    indeed but this are some of high priorities some other people might want when buying the 7 pro, in the end it's for the greater good , for all of us. people might buy it just because they thought it would give them 90fps.
    So what is good for one might not be good for the other. vice versa

Staticx, DidierSer and DARTH 007 like this.
  4. DARTH 007
    KitKat May 15, 2019

DARTH 007 , May 15, 2019 :
    what about apps.
    someone raised the concern whether they will run on default 90 Hz.

Xnatty likes this.
  5. Afzal Khan
    KitKat May 15, 2019

Afzal Khan , May 15, 2019 :
    OnePlus 7 Pro doesn't really cater to the masses but to only a class of those tech enthusiast who just always wanted to have the latest and the greatest no matter what.

6. DARTH 007
    KitKat May 15, 2019

harshit.b and Xnatty like this.
  7. DARTH 007
    KitKat May 15, 2019

they want to cater to the masses.
    that's why they are expanding so rapidly everywhere.

8. Xnatty
    Honeycomb May 15, 2019

Xnatty , May 15, 2019 :
    yes, the same was said about the 6T, it brings new features like under display fingerprint for tech enthusiasts but it didn't stop the average people from buying it, also that's not the case with the 7 pro which was heavily directed to gaming with a water cooling system and a better 90hz for the average consumers so surely people would be outraged to know about it after they buy it, like I said I'm not a hater I'm just sharing the truth for the greater good.

Staticx likes this.
  9. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2019

GuitarHero0179 , May 15, 2019 :
    True, this needs to be implemented by the developers. Although that will happen if more manufacturers will start using higher refreshrates.

10. Xnatty
    Honeycomb May 15, 2019

Xnatty , May 15, 2019 :
    as stated above as well u can see Asus ROG did manage to run apps and games at it's high refresh rate but OnePlus couldn't so this must be a problem from OnePlus and not mostly from the developers!

Staticx, ratansuthar00 and DARTH 007 like this.
  11. DARTH 007
    KitKat May 15, 2019

it will happen only if Samsung jumps onto the wagon in a big big way.
    so is the 90hz rate being used only for smooth scrolling???

Xnatty likes this.
  12. Afzal Khan
    KitKat May 15, 2019

Afzal Khan , May 15, 2019 :
    "they Want to"..there is a thin line in between They Want & They Are. I don't think the overall package is bad for OP7Pro but pricing obviously is on the higher side. Someone who is ready to look into $669 category would definitely be able to spare $50 more and can get a better package in Samsung & Pixel. it's only the awareness or Fandom which decides the path.

13. Wahoux
    Lollipop May 15, 2019

Wahoux , May 15, 2019 :
    Have you tried the Bullets Wireless 2 ? No. So how can you say they are bad for the price?

ade0410 likes this.
  14. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat May 15, 2019

idkwhoiam322 , May 15, 2019 :
    I don't really care about the colour since I put a case on it anyways, but you're right here.
    Agree again, No idea what they were thinking about this. I pointed it out here as well https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...fooled-6t-users.1032026/page-14#post-20276744. They also didn't include a USB 3.0 cable even though the 7 series port is a USB 3.1.
    Haven't actually seen or used these so I can't comment.
    Well, a display with a higher refresh rate does have its benefits. There's no fix to Android's massive overhead causing large latencies for simple tasks that iOS DOES NOT have. For something as performance critical as touch latency, having a higher refresh rate does reduce it drastically.
    However, it's very weird that it doesn't support higher refresh rates. Probably and hopefully will be fixed with a software update. But in general, things should still be a lot smoother.
    Also note that a 90fps with frame drops will be a lot more noticeable.
    You really don't want to do this. The mods here are very just and to the point. 99.99% of their decisions are right.

buntycubal and iNtEnSePL like this.
  15. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 15, 2019

G_plusone , May 15, 2019 :
    Warp charging compatability!

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  16. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat May 15, 2019

buntycubal and G_plusone like this.
  17. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat May 15, 2019

iNtEnSePL , May 15, 2019 :
    the warp cable will never be USB 3.1 compatible due to custom wiring inside. The problem is that OnePlus probably doesn't say openly that you should buy a separate cable for fast data transfer, cause their cable won't do

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  18. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 15, 2019

G_plusone , May 15, 2019 :
    It is upto OPPO to figure that out :rolleyes:

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  19. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat May 15, 2019

iNtEnSePL , May 15, 2019 :
    the best option would be to have separate circuits for warp charge and USB-PD with 3.1. depending on cable used phone would switch to desired technology. I don't know thou how far is such idea from becoming real (technical aspects)

G_plusone likes this.
  20. robinevers
    Honeycomb May 15, 2019

robinevers , May 15, 2019 :
    @Xnatty and @DARTH 007 ... saw some posts from you across the community. isn't 1 post just enough? you've made your point and got your likes. if you don't like the phone, then just don't buy it.

iNtEnSePL likes this.