A big thanks to the Angel

1. starfury
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2014

starfury , Aug 16, 2014 :
    Yeah ... but that doesn't mean he/she wasn't hanging around in the shadows with a user account but never set up their forum account. I made that same joke all the time, until I spent some time talking to people in the same boat ... not everyone is "into" posting in forums. Some people read first and post later (or never at all).

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and have everyone *think* you're an idiot, than to open it and prove them right". Funny how that applies to you at the moment, isn't it ?

2. mansoor_
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 16, 2014

mansoor_ , Aug 16, 2014 :
    Thank you for your pretentious comment. Using what divine revelation did you come to know that he has been on this forum for months, as he claimed to.

Evidently the whole purpose for this thread is for people to like his initial post so he could rank up quickly, sadly it seemed to work.

3. starfury
    Jelly Bean Aug 17, 2014

starfury , Aug 17, 2014 :
    Well for your information (not that it's any of your business) he's actually a RL friend, so I didn't 'divine' anything - I know it for a fact ... he was the one to tell ME about this device, and as you see I've been around just a little bit longer than you have ... and also know that other than getting the necessary number of posts to be able to create this thread to thank them for their generosity, he isn't interested in ranking up in the slightest. So you can take that giant assumption of yours and stick it with the other one you made earlier (hint: the sun doesn't shine there).

Not that ranking up means anything anymore anyway - in the old days when rank actually mattered you might have been right if you were talking about anyone else but him, but now that Cupcakes can get invites direct from OnePlus too it is totally irrelevant.

As I said, he (like many other people I've met since being here) isn't someone who has the inclination to post here on the forums - or any other forums for that matter. That doesn't mean they haven't been following it closely - and in his specific case he was content waiting for one of my shared invites, but through a fortuitous turn of events now the one I would have saved for him will be returning to the community (through @Kallen, @Li XingKe, @BobbyStevie, and @BrettPlusOne of course). I just hope it doesn't go to a giant douche like you.

And seriously Mr. "I just joined Monday" - wtf do you care. Using your same assumption, you have no right worrying about someone getting an invite even if it really was the same day when you haven't even been here a week yet. Sounds like your only gripe is you're a little butt hurt that it wasn't you - and with the attitude you're displaying I'm not surprised.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014

bLoodYHandZ04 and TeamValor91 like this.
  4. Kallen
    Aug 17, 2014

TeamValor91 and Yagami Raito like this.
  5. bas00m
    Froyo Aug 17, 2014

6. starfury
    Jelly Bean Aug 17, 2014

Sorry K ... some dickwad decided to rile me up when I wasn't in the mood ... and as usual I unloaded. Didn't mean to spoil the happy occasion you helped to create - but unfortunately, well, this is me we're talking about. :rolleyes:

Follow it back ... it wasn't undeserved.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014

7. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Aug 17, 2014

8. Abricr
    Froyo Aug 17, 2014

9. jmhashmi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 17, 2014

jmhashmi , Aug 17, 2014 :
    We call this Oneplus one community. :)

10. Reggie1026
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 17, 2014

11. juhor
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2014

juhor , Aug 17, 2014 :
    It's a new account and as said before, probably just fishing for likes. He haven't been here for months..

12. Zen1988
    Jelly Bean Aug 17, 2014

Zen1988 , Aug 17, 2014 :
    Congrats

13. starfury
    Jelly Bean Aug 17, 2014

Go ahead and watch his account, look and see if those likes actually matter. He was simply thanking the people that helped him get his phone. And if you think that he hasn't been here as long as he claims, please take a look at when I got here - and then let me share that he was the one to tell ME about this device. Now look at my join date.

Forum date and Account date are separate, and aren't always the same thing.

Done talking yet ? ... I thought so.

14. Charlotte Van Asselt
    Eclair Aug 24, 2014

15. bLoodYHandZ04
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 24, 2014

16. bas00m
    Froyo Aug 28, 2014