A few updates on the OnePlus Community

1. Amanda W.
    Head of Global Community Staff Member May 12, 2020

Amanda W. , May 12, 2020 :
    Hi friends,

Since December 2013, the OnePlus Community has grown from a handful of people to nearly three million users all around the world. Every day, we rely on a group of tireless volunteers, our moderation team, to help in keeping the forums an enjoyable experience for everyone.

Today, we’re announcing a few changes to our forum rules and moderation team to make sure that all Community members have the best experience when exploring our forums.

Simplifying the moderation team structure
    We’re simplifying the moderation team by removing the “Senior Moderator” level. Now, the team is divided into only three groups:
    This change will simplify the structure but will have no impact on how you use the forum. Each and every moderator will still be as available as before to help you.

I would also like to address something that has been asked several times before. For those of you that are interested in joining the moderation team, we’re currently not looking to expand the team, but when we do, we'll post on the forums, giving you the chance to apply for the team. A tip for those that are thinking about it – being helpful and friendly will give you an advantage. 😉

Tuning the warning point system
    The warning point system is a tool at the moderators’ disposal to help users to better understand the Forums’ Terms and Rules. We’ve updated the duration of all warning points, the number of warning points given to the more serious warnings and the number of points that will result in a permanent ban. This change will not impact the vast majority of you, and is aimed to deter only those who repeatedly break the forum rules.

We also believe in second opportunities. As such, we’ve removed all active warning points from all users, so that everyone has a fresh start. We’re also rewriting the warning messages, making the language friendlier, providing more guidance to users.

Making the Forums’ terms and rules clearer
    We’ve received some comments from users that the forums rules weren’t clear in some parts. Therefore, we’ve updated our Terms and Rules, introducing the changes mentioned above while also rewriting them to be easier to read and understand.

These changes are part of our efforts to improve your experience while using these Forums. We want to maintain a friendly and helpful atmosphere, where all users help each other. For this, we also ask for your help. It’s up to all of us to keep our Community a great place to visit.

Never Settle.

2. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert May 12, 2020

Cheetosdust , May 12, 2020 :
    Hello, hope all is well with you and yours, @Amanda W.. :)

It’s great to read about the updated Rules and Warning Point System, because to me that means OnePlus is actively trying to make the community a better, friendlier place.

Many congratulations to everyone on the team, but especially to the three new Head Moderators. From my interactions with them here on the forums, not only do I think they complement each other, they are also three members who are passionate about the forums and a pretty cool inspiration to others.

Good luck to the newly reshuffled moderation team and thank you for all the hard work you did and I'm sure will continue to do. Last but not least, a thank you to all the names who helped moderate the forums prior to these changes. You did great. :cool:

3. JelleZon
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 12, 2020

4. sarthak@sark
    Honeycomb May 12, 2020

sarthak@sark , via OnePlus 5T , May 12, 2020 :
    Thanks a million to all moderators who make this place better for community members. We all thank you for your contribution and time to this community

5. sdhayalan
    Froyo May 12, 2020

sdhayalan , May 12, 2020 :
    That's all good and well but when am I getting Android 12 upda-- just kidding ;). Thanks for the update!

6. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator May 12, 2020

camohan , May 12, 2020 :
    Good to see you back Amanda.

The changes are much welcomed in the overall interest of community and its usefulness.

Edit : Almost forgot to congratulate @pablofg1978, @SoniaB and @superplus on the new title.

I don't miss you anymore, gusu (troll)

Cheers.

Last edited: May 12, 2020

7. youbi
    Marshmallow Assistant Head Moderator May 12, 2020

8. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer May 12, 2020

9. Kleb32
    Gingerbread May 12, 2020

10. SJBoss
    Lollipop May 12, 2020

11. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator May 12, 2020

SoniaB , May 12, 2020 :
    Thank you :kissingheart:

12. SJBoss
    Lollipop May 12, 2020

SJBoss , May 12, 2020 :
    So if I get warning points from you would it be called "head warning points" :rolleyes:

Congratulations!

13. B_Wrath
    Nougat May 12, 2020

B_Wrath , May 12, 2020 :
    Congrats @SoniaB @pablofg1978 and @superplus :)
    You guys deserve it. My most favorite mods you three are:)
    Can't wait eh? :rolleyes: I suspect we will be one of the first ones to get the new points:p

14. Tobikage
    Nougat May 12, 2020

Tobikage , May 12, 2020 :
    Nice try newbies. :rolleyes:

15. B_Wrath
    Nougat May 12, 2020

B_Wrath , May 12, 2020 :
    Ah sensei! :rolleyes: forgive me. I forgot about you:p

16. Tobikage
    Nougat May 12, 2020

17. script
    Nougat Moderator May 12, 2020

script , May 12, 2020 :
    Thx for this fine update.

Still happy every day to be part of it:)

18. BeingIncog
    Nougat May 12, 2020

19. SJBoss
    Lollipop May 12, 2020

SJBoss , May 12, 2020 :
    Nope. You'll get banned way before I'll get my first one :rolleyes:
    Oh look who's here Mr. Can't enter wormhole :rolleyes:
    Does it mean @Tobikage can have a fresh start as well?

20. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer May 12, 2020