A Few Words on Production Capacity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmyb
    Donut Oct 11, 2014

jimmyb , Oct 11, 2014 :
    This is understandable. It's a sad world we live in wanting everything now! Lol:confused:

2. lorily40
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2014

lorily40 , Oct 11, 2014 :
    Thanks for the transparency of your update. I just joined the site. I'm patient.

3. nitesh.kawale
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 11, 2014

4. xianwei
    Donut Oct 12, 2014

5. m.pratham
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2014

6. wern32
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2014

wern32 , Oct 15, 2014 :
    This stratagy seemed odd to me at first but Im guessing learning from other launches companies can get slammed if they cant meet demand. Nexus 4 was hit with negativity because of supply and demand issues.

7. gallen0
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2014

gallen0 , Oct 24, 2014 :
    Interesting news, give me even more trust in your product. Thanks for sharing this.

8. ronoldo
    KitKat Oct 29, 2014

ronoldo , Oct 29, 2014 :
    Excellent explanation of how things work.... my only suggestion is to keep updating everyone to relieve the stress level of potential buyers. Your marketing strategy worked brilliantly. I'm looking forward to receiving mine.

9. ankur321thy
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2014

10. aelaina
    Froyo Oct 30, 2014

aelaina , Oct 30, 2014 :
    Thank you for transparency! You will definitely win support that way. At least we know you are making every effort to build a great product.

11. amjadnajam
    Donut Oct 31, 2014

amjadnajam , Oct 31, 2014 :
    Great work guys, keep it up for a first try totally near to perfect,if it was perfect everyone would settle down when actually with One Plus One we "Never Settle" :cool:

12. unikekss
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2014

13. K Pandi
    Honeycomb Nov 2, 2014

K Pandi , Nov 2, 2014 :
    Thanks for increasing production.... Soon to have One plus

14. mydroid
    KitKat Nov 2, 2014

mydroid , Nov 2, 2014 :
    @Carl good to know and most of us do understand though we would be in minority group. also do keep the speed up and beef up the software side with CM or even your own version. at mean time anyway to get OP team to consider this design? https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/vote-for-oneplus-six.162562/

hahaha sorry for the upsell....

15. Sushanth
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2014

16. edialogue
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2014

edialogue , Nov 2, 2014 :
    Well, what you are really doing by not manufacturing enough is pissing people off. I have been holding off buying a phone because I wanted the +1 but I am getting tired of waiting. I am starting to look at the new Google Nexus 6 or Samsung Galaxy 4. Think about this...I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way. No matter how much you like a product...you can only wait so long.

17. papagonyer
    Eclair Nov 3, 2014

papagonyer , Nov 3, 2014 :
    @Carl Thanks for the update! Your explanation makes perfect sense. What your company stands for and the quality of product that you are endeavoring to make, is something I truly appreciate! And is exactly what has drawn me to the One. I for one, am fine waiting for as long as it takes. Because I'd rather buy a product that I like a lot, from a company that I truly want to support. Than buying an expensive phone from a huge company that really doesn't care. So that what I purchase is something I can be happy with on all levels. Thank you!!! ...sorry :( I don't have any suggestions on how to make things better. ...But if you ever need any advice about general building commercial/residential construction, I'm your guy! ;)

18. arunanand
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 3, 2014

19. dolo3212
    Donut Nov 3, 2014

dolo3212 , Nov 3, 2014 :
    This is a very good explanation. I think it's probably very easy for the masses not to understand that OnePlus is a start-up, and does not have the production capabilities that a giant like Samsung/Apple does.

I do think that OnePlus needs to prepare for some backlash (or develop some sort of strategy) as the holiday season heats up and more of the mainstream market becomes interested. Would recommend that OnePlus partners with a major retailer to offer a notably limited sample of phones, and really pounds home the message that supply is limited so that expectations are tempered a bit. This is the future OnePlus market, and you don't want to cause more heat than necessary just because of a supply issue.

20. Tsn
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2014