A Few Words on Production Capacity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikecerni Eclair Nov 3, 2014

mikecerni, Nov 3, 2014 :
    I think you should have learned from Google when they were out of stock in no time with Nexus 4. Why OneQ+ doesn't go with preorder system. You could control easilty the demand and so the socks. Just my 26 cents.

Clarina likes this.
  2. Clarina Gingerbread Nov 4, 2014

Clarina, Nov 4, 2014 :
    There was a pre-order in Oct and there is another wen coming up on 17th Nov.
    despite several challenges team is making great effort to compensate for the delay and compete with the prices

mikecerni likes this.
  3. AuntieAnn Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 4, 2014

AuntieAnn, Nov 4, 2014 :
    Sooooooo... Considering how high in demand most flagship phones are but are too pricey, you mean to tell me you guys never anticipated that a phone that's as good as many of the flagship phones out there today without the crippling price would not be in demand XD lol

4. stewbone Eclair Nov 4, 2014

5. mfcubukcu Cupcake Nov 4, 2014

6. dwaynelson KitKat Nov 4, 2014

7. Boricua Jelly Bean Nov 4, 2014

Boricua, Nov 4, 2014 :
    OPO team is awesome thanks for all your hard work very grateful for this info!!!

8. tonazo Cupcake Nov 4, 2014

9. Owensri47 Donut Nov 4, 2014

Owensri47, Nov 4, 2014 :
    its great that you guys are being honest about this, that is the one trait that 99% of companies lack.

10. jdkc4d Eclair Nov 4, 2014

jdkc4d, Nov 4, 2014 :
    Considering the much higher than anticipated demand for your first product, how does that change your profitability forecast?

My guess is that you expect to turn a profit after the release of the 2nd device. Given the posts I have seen regarding your expectation to not turn a profit for a couple of years, I would expect the 2nd device won't be released for at least 1.5-2 years following the release of the original. I am curious to see what happens between the releases. My expectation is after Q1 2015, the demand for this first device will drop. Obviously, you are not Samsung nor HTC. What keeps the lights on between the inevitable drop in sales of the One and release of the Two?

11. mikecerni Eclair Nov 4, 2014

mikecerni, Nov 4, 2014 :
    Thank
    you clarina for the update. Great, that means "patience is a virtue". I will be patient to get it. Thks.

Clarina likes this.
  12. jackthedog Donut Nov 5, 2014

13. dkg999 Cupcake Nov 5, 2014

dkg999, Nov 5, 2014 :
    W
    Why are you not producing 16GB sets? That will reduce the dependency on 64GB memory...
    Why only 64GB?

14. Afzal Khan Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2014

Afzal Khan, Nov 5, 2014 :
    In my opinion u shud sent out more than enough invites to the peoples and put them on the delivery schedule with a tentative date. In this way peoples also get the surety of One to get delivered in future date and you guyz can also estimate the future deliveries easily. Also the admirer of One won't get frustrated by the waiting time and will hold on to it..rather than moved on to some other devices. Just an advise :)

15. vineet_k84 Cupcake Nov 5, 2014

16. khyber Froyo Nov 6, 2014

khyber, Nov 6, 2014 :
    This is to be expected from a small company. Even though there is a huge demand for the OPO, the company has to think about long term goals and survival.

17. tenpinbob Eclair Nov 6, 2014

tenpinbob, Nov 6, 2014 :
    Check out Porters 5 forces if you want to understand where this business sits...

Whats going to be really interesting is how the competition reacts to OPO...

18. tenpinbob Eclair Nov 6, 2014

tenpinbob, Nov 6, 2014 :
    Personally I don't think the competition are going to be majorly worried until OnePlus goes "mainstream" by signing contracts with networks.

Gstarbuck likes this.
  19. Gstarbuck Froyo Nov 6, 2014

Gstarbuck, Nov 6, 2014 :
    Definitely agree - this is the tipping point. The mainstream of people don't install their own sim cards, they go to the Verizon store and have someone do it for them.

tenpinbob likes this.
  20. tenpinbob Eclair Nov 6, 2014

tenpinbob, Nov 6, 2014 :
    This is the reason why competition are not worried...at the moment:

We as customers can be put on the below graph. (The innovation adoption lifecycle graph). I'd say OPO is at the Early Adopters stage because the phone as been tried and tested. If it moves to Early Majority (with the advent of OPTwo?) then the competition better react...question is how?....Innovation or price?
    [​IMG]