A Few Words on Production Capacity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gedeone Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 13, 2014

2. Chandan.Napster Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 13, 2014

Chandan.Napster, Dec 13, 2014 :
    Thanks , i appreciate your efforts to be transparent with the community.

I hope will support the OP in their journey. Good Luck.

3. philip97 Froyo Dec 13, 2014

4. tzzhouxw Cupcake Dec 13, 2014

tzzhouxw, Dec 13, 2014 :
    thank you for the sharing.
    I might have some different opinion.
    The strategy in your business is very successful.
    with such a likely club member sale business pattern, it is appropriate to test the market demand and size more factors under the control.
    however, cell phone market is an open business battle field, and your OEM product manufacture can all contract out with other business group to sell the similar product any time.
    Market share is as important as to balance demand and supply.
    Now you do have such a invitation method test the market reaction, and it is time to send big volume invitation and then even there is some delay for the delivery of product, to gain the market share is critical , definitely with affordable cash flow and shallow stock level.
    yes logistic is also a very critical node.
    good luck, wish you folk has passed the phase for testing the water

gzhole likes this.
  5. alchang Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 13, 2014

alchang, Dec 13, 2014 :
    Wow, a 70% pass rate on displays from one of the top suppliers in the business is not very impressive. Sounds like quality control issues at the supplier. Whatever you do, please don't reduce your standards.

It sounds like one of the big issues with being able to meet demand is the 3month order/wait cycle for this (and other) suppliers. Unless you get other suppliers or the suppliers are able to implement changes to improve their speed or percentage of good product to you and other clients, it will be difficult to meet demand in a timely fashion. With a 30% fail rating on the displays you receive from the supplier, that means you can't meet 30% of the orders you have for the OPO.

6. kkrist77 Gingerbread Dec 16, 2014

7. nat4u Froyo Dec 17, 2014

8. yanhak Eclair Dec 17, 2014

yanhak, Dec 17, 2014 :
    Thanks. Waiting fror my 2nd OPO. The first ONE(+) was broken and it did not even look like a mobile phone, after I fall on it. The most astonishing thing was that it kept working (It was ringing and there were also email and whatsupp notifications) and I had to wait 2 days till the battery was finished cause I even could not close it........

9. ganstakillerz Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 17, 2014

ganstakillerz, Dec 17, 2014 :
    Yeah OP get that whip cracking on those sweat shops....

When I got my handset there was a note inside saying "help me I'm been forced to work for peanuts"... no wait wasn't that Primark and their labels :p

10. kukofx Honeycomb Dec 19, 2014

kukofx, Dec 19, 2014 :
    Thanks for explaining it all. I hope I will get my invite to buy one.