A Guide to Sharing Invites

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack_frost
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

jack_frost , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Disclaimer (Posted by Moderator) - Irrelevant Posts like asking for invites or sharing them in this thread will be deleted

Having been through a few adventures trying to get Invites I figured I would share my experiences for all so that sharing an invite or receiving a shared Invite would be a little easier for everyone here.​

Golden Rules:
    • DO NOT share Invites on public posts, not in text or in an Image/screenshot. There are other forum members who may claim it once active or bots that may collect the data and use it before you can claim it. This can happen within seconds.
    • Even if the Invite is Inactive (not yet claimed on oneplus.net) It can still be stolen and used by bots if posted publicly as they refresh their orders constantly, using invites they harvest from the forum. They are likely always going to be faster than you at claiming Invites.
    • DO NOT leave your email address in any public posts. It is also an invitation for spam bots. Always use Personal Messages/Inbox
    • Choose the right country on your oneplus.net account.[​IMG]
      This may help you in getting the correct shareable invites eventually specific to your region. If you choose not to do this, You may get a random region invite which you may not want.

Sharing a Global Invite:

• A Global Invite begins with GL**-****-****-****
    • It Can only be activated by the email account to which it was sent
    • It Can only be claimed by the email account for purchase on the oneplus.net website
    • Global invite can only be used to ship to these countries : United States, Canada, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Taiwan
    • A Global Invite Cannot be Shared (Unless It is a Shareable Invite which would be specified in the invite email that you receive)
    • Shareable Invites from OnePlus for the claimed invite will come to the original email account to which the original invite was sent

Sharing an Indian Invite:
    • An Indian Invite begins with IN**-****-****-****
    • It can only be activated by the email account to which it was sent. Direct Sharing wont work
    • This Invite is Shareable. You can only share this invite after activating first on the Oneplus.net website in your account.
    • After Activation, You can share / It can be claimed by anyone on their own Amazon.in Account - Hence it is Shareable but beware how you share it, As no one will take responsibility for its misuse/or it being stolen.
    • Once Claimed to a specific Amazon.in Account, even if you do not make a purchase, you cannot claim it to another Account on Amazon.in. It will remain tied to the first Account you claimed it on
    • COD/Delivery Is available for certain parts of India, though not all, check before you select a mode of payment.
    • Shareable Invites from OnePlus for the claimed invite will come to the original email account to which the invite was sent, not to the account which made the purchase on Amazon.in.
    Help the moderators and Keep the forum clean:
    • DON'T CREATE NEW THREADS ASKING/BEGGING FOR INVITES. Although it may seem like a good Idea to create a new thread asking for an Invite, But it may not help you and make the moderators job more tedious as they have to close/merge your threads with other similar threads. There are common invite threads on each forum sub section. Use them!
    • If someone has created a thread to share an Invite, follow their Instructions. If they clearly mention NO PERSONAL MESSAGES/REQUESTS, do not send them any.
    • Repeatedly asking someone for an invite, may not get you banned but it will most certainly not get you an invite as the OP is probably most irritated with your constant messages. Be Patient and let the OP decide who they want to share the Invite with. Your anxiety/excitement will not accelerate the rate at which you may get an Invite
    • Talk to the Moderators if you have a doubt. Ask them a question. But do not expect instant replies as you are not the only one they are attending to. They will get to you when they can, they are trying their best. If a Moderator does not answer you, chances are that the question you have, has already been answered on the forum and you just have not searched well enough. So use search before posting/asking anything.

I will update this post as and when I learn more!

Update: Indian Invites can now be claimed over 3 days !

P.S. This is a duplicate of my original thread in the OnePlus 2 Invites section and I have consulted with the mods (@rarog) and have been permitted to make this duplicate for the India Invites section.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2015

2. ginzchaw
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

ginzchaw , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Thanks for the heads up on bots. I'll keep it in mind if I chance upon an invite (in this lifetime).

3. jack_frost
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

jack_frost , Aug 14, 2015 :
    @ginzchaw I went through that yesterday. Not sure if it was a bot or someone in the flesh, but just before claiming, the invite vanished.

4. ginzchaw
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

5. Kalyan SM
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

6. VISHNU PRASAD
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

7. VISHNU PRASAD
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

8. Jaydip
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2015

9. Nidhin Raj
    KitKat Aug 15, 2015

Nidhin Raj , Aug 15, 2015 :
    @ajayrajit
    good this must be tagged,
    to add,
    make sure your country is set to India in oneplus account>country, this helps with the India specific shareable invites added to our account.

10. ParamK.
    Marshmallow Moderator Aug 15, 2015

ParamK. , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Fixed this point. And edited the thread title.

11. jack_frost
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

12. nayansayta
    Gingerbread Aug 15, 2015

nayansayta , Aug 15, 2015 :
    perfecto:)..needs to be pinned!

13. kirtikhanna2304
    Gingerbread Aug 15, 2015

kirtikhanna2304 , Aug 15, 2015 :
    also, just share the invite with the first few people who ask for it. everyone on this forum wants the phone equally and it is totally unfair to host the invite games. currently we have 10 threads and no winner in either. please just pick someone and give it to them. it will make things easier here. you just have to share the invite and not pick a reality show winner :p

14. jack_frost
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

jack_frost , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Thank you @Nidhin Raj ! I have added the point

15. jack_frost
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

jack_frost , Aug 15, 2015 :
    I know what you mean, I remember getting my OPO invite in a similar contest based thread, And I gave away some back in the day in a similar format. It seemed fun at the time, but i can see how it can get irritating and annoying and might even seem unfair.

I guess that is still something people might choose to do though, and others will play along. But I agree with you, Invites should just be simply given out. I will be doing so with any OP2 invite i get.

16. ManoFuno
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

ManoFuno , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Good info bro!! And i am sorry that u lost an invite...!!

Cheers,
    M...:cool:

Akshay Kalyankar and tk21089 like this.
  17. jack_frost
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

18. pawangoel
    Gingerbread Aug 15, 2015

pawangoel , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Mods should make ur post a sticky!
    A lot of unnecessary threads can be avoided !

19. Nidhin Raj
    KitKat Aug 15, 2015

20. Rajesh Baniya
    Gingerbread Aug 15, 2015

Rajesh Baniya , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Sincere thanks to you Dear OP community friend Ajay Rajjit ji......

For explaining so many things clearly........