A honest confession...

1. BenAlex
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2014

BenAlex , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Only when I have to deal with degenerate monkeys like you on a daily basis.

2. almondbetter
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

3. xrelic
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2014

xrelic , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Well done I would have done the same

4. rs1
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2014

rs1 , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Ah, ad hominems - the last refuge of the ignorant.

KBFitz likes this.
  5. andefraser
    Froyo Jul 31, 2014

6. gt5679a

gt5679a , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Not sure what I would have done in that case, but serves him right for not fully redacting the information. Its his own fault for not being more careful.

7. Kenz
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

8. 70n

70n , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Okay guys, here's an update for ya:
    @BenAlex proposed to sent this particular user a new invite. I agreed, and send him his username through private message.
    However, this user could NOT be found!

My first guess would be he got banned and deleted because he publicly approached members asking if they wanted to buy invites!

9. BenAlex

BenAlex , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Ah, high-brow Latin names - the first resort of the Google dependent morons trying to look clever but not really succeeding.

10. Davinb
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

Davinb , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Well played sir well played... I had a quick word to God and he said F**k that guy selling the invite, he's a D**k so I guess you're ok

11. russelldew
    Froyo Jul 31, 2014

russelldew , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Your an absolute star, I think most people would have done the same . . .I bet he is gutted :D:p:D:p . . .

12. spantany

spantany , Jul 31, 2014 :
    If someone was to post their invite on the forum saying "Look - I got an invite!" And someone stole it you would be saying "It's your own stupid fault." The fact that this guy did it in PM is no difference ;)

13. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jul 31, 2014

superplus , Jul 31, 2014 :
    I don't agree, it is not like taking someone's bag of money they accidentally left or anything. the person trying to sell the invite was looking to turn a profit on something that should be free, so the only sort of analogy I can think of would be if they were say handing out free samples of a product and this person would happily accept the free products and then try to sell them just around the corner for a profit. so again, there is also no stealing of stolen products involved. I think it speaks more to the character of the person trying to sell the invite.

14. onceplus lover
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2014

15. superplus

I think it is different, since that is people who are so overjoyed that they want to share it with the world/forum/... without thinking and thus lose it. Obviously it's their own fault, but I do feel very sorry for them. This person was trying to turn a profit though, which is a completely different situation in my opinion.

16. rangler123
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2014

rangler123 , Jul 31, 2014 :
    I know this is futile but i will try to get you caught up. Getting an invite to purchase the phone is the same thing as getting an invite to purchase the tickets, so we can compare those two things(apples to apples). If you wanted to compare your freind asking if you wanted to use the tickets with your girlfriend for free then you would need to compare it to OP asking if you wanted to use the One for free. you were comparing apples to oranges in your original post. thanks for listening.

17. jasonpis
    Eclair Jul 31, 2014

18. rs1
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2014

rs1 , Jul 31, 2014 :
    [​IMG]

19. spantany

spantany , Jul 31, 2014 :
    People are stating that if you want to sell an invite you should be able to sell an invite - if so fair does, but he posted it in a PM so it is his own stupid fault and you feel less sorry for him ;)

20. superplus

quite ;-) though I'm still not sure about this whole selling business, it seems half of the people seem to think OPO is ok with it, while the other half seems to think users selling invites get banned, etc. surely their stance on this should be easily established?