A letter to OnePlus 7 Pro 5G users in Europe

1. StopItRawr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 20, 2020

StopItRawr , Feb 20, 2020 :
    Allo.

If anything changes, I'll pop up here but I'm not expecting an update until March.

Barman49 likes this.
  2. stangweb
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2020

stangweb , via OnePlus 7 Pro 5G , Feb 24, 2020 :
    we 1582549536107.jpg

zeeshanishaq

so where is android 10 time is ticking and still no signs of the update. only 5 weeks to go. looks like oneplus have dropped a bollock this time around​

1582549366689.jpg
    I'll just leave this here!!

RhyZeUK and Staffie85 like this.
  3. G1542828796976
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2020

Staffie85 and elsworth1983 like this.
  4. StopItRawr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 25, 2020

StopItRawr , Feb 25, 2020 :
    They say, posting from a 7T Pro.

Staffie85, Gav_W86 and Emmanuel_Adams like this.
  5. G1542828796976
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2020

G1542828796976 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Feb 26, 2020 :
    yes

I have the 7T PRO purchased before the 5G

I got the 5G from EE but there are no updates coming from whoever,no info etc from 1+

so I have gone BACK to my 7T PRO

and your point?

Staffie85 likes this.
  6. oryanol , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 27, 2020 :
    We are at the end of the month of February. My former smartphone the OnePlus 6 is getting bugs fixes updates, the 7T Pro and others are all getting updates, so the COVID situation in China is definitely not related to this. Moreover my friend's Samsung galaxy S10 5G has been updated since November in spite of it being a 5G device as well. I am going to be honest with you, I do not think you have any intention of updating this device, and you're abusing of users because you know we are very few in numbers and our voices can't hurt the company. I am sincerely disappointed to have paid extra for a 5G device with OnePlus, I just wanted to stay loyal but it was a huge mistake.

RhyZeUK and Staffie85 like this.
  7. stangweb
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2020

stangweb , via OnePlus 7 Pro 5G , Feb 27, 2020 :
    it's crazy because the 7Tpro Maclaren 5G launched with 10 out of the gate !

RhyZeUK and oryanol like this.
  8. G1542828796976
    Gingerbread Feb 28, 2020

9. oryanol , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 29, 2020 :

BlackKnight2332

no 7T Pro McLaren 5G​

the 7T Pro 5g doesn't have any update issue. We owners of the 7 Pro 5G are the ones being ignored. Your screenshot will mislead people

10. RhyZeUK
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2020

RhyZeUK , Mar 1, 2020 :
    Wow..

What have I signed up to here?!

Seriously, @Pete . This is by far the worst service I have ever had with a top tier "flagship" phone. You say it is a top priority, but clearly that is not the case.

If it really was you would:

A: Have a dedicated "OnePlus 7 Pro 5G" link on the support page.

B: Provided Beta Builds for the new Android 10 update.

C: Not released Android 10 for older generations of OnePlus phones like the 6/6t UNTIL you released one for the latest 7 Pro 5G.

D: Made more of effort to address this in the forums, giving us an updated week-by-week progress announcement of the status of this update rather than continuing like you have with EVEN MORE UPDATES TO ANDROID 10 ON 7 PRO!

I am so angry right now. Period. This is not what I was expecting nor did I ever imagine spending such a premium for a phone that has NO DAMN CONTROLLER SUPPORT in 2020!

Why is it so hard? What "optimization's" are left? That is what information should be included in the progress update, yet it is now 5 months later without any answers or even a rough estimate of when will get the update makes me feel so insignificant as user.

"Best 5G experience possible?" What 5G?!! I have not once used 5G due to it never ever finding a 5G tower so this current update is clearly a joke.

It is not fit for purpose nor is it acceptable to treat your customers like this. First and last OnePlus purchase this will be for me and I will actively not recommend this "project" company as a phone company to invest your money in, because after all the comments & your behaviour here I can safely agree and see for you it is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY - not about giving the customer true transparency and quality service.

-1 More Customer and probably 20 more due to me actively not recommending it to my friends and family who trust me to help them pick out their next phone.

Well Done...

Now if you released it next week, I MIGHT not sell this phone back and MIGHT recommend it again.

I feel like an absolute clown for trying my best to support you in the beginning as that has now been rewarded with such a bad experience, a few of my friends must be quite annoyed with me right now cause I actually got a few of them to get the same 5G variant as me!

#OnePlusFail #NotSettled #OnePlus7Pro5G

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020

11. Loubear
    Honeycomb Mar 2, 2020

Loubear , Mar 2, 2020 :
    Only 29 days to find out whether the promise of Q1 2020 is kept or not, before all hell breaks!

12. James Edge , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 2, 2020 :
    amen

stangweb likes this.
  13. James Edge , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 2, 2020 :
    let's be honest they don't really care about us... probably another false promise. I'm expecting q3 by this point. no info whatsoever, truly annoyed by now

Louioo likes this.

14. Emmanuel_Adams likes this.
  15. Loubear
    Honeycomb Mar 3, 2020

Loubear , Mar 3, 2020 :
    Anyone else checking your software updates each day? Can't just be me...

16. ZacharyNJBarker95 likes this.