2. shutteravid
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2021

3. W1623904453363
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2021

MasterManish likes this.

4. deepak786
    Froyo Jun 17, 2021

deepak786 , via OnePlus 9R , Jun 17, 2021 :
    I don't understand what is the need for merge there are some point which should be enlightened here.
    1. What about the future of oneplus,
    2 whether Oppo management will interfere in Oneplus,
    3. What about Oxygen OS now it's becoming Google🙄
    4. What is the need to merge as OnePlus prove itself an independent organisation.
    So far I know when company is expanding they needs resources and then tied up with giants the giants then interfere in the main company and at the last the company wouldn't work independently. I hope, I will be wrong as I know as a OnePlus -innovative, user friendly not camera oriented but look overall aspects of smartphone. I also hope @Carl will join the company and both of you will make it bigger then Oppo.

5. Romulinx
    Eclair Jun 17, 2021

McJader likes this.
  6. K1620000322743
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2021

K1620000322743 , via OnePlus 8T , Jun 17, 2021 :
    Honestly I never liked how Oppo is branding their phones, what's good about OnePlus is uniqueness. it no longer has the higher specs at lower price edge. what's left is its uniqueness and brand image. internal merging with Oppo will only bother existing users who chose OnePlus and not Oppo because now, both brands are associated together, same teams = same company = same brand. and that's just the beginning

7. bcharles99
    Honeycomb Jun 17, 2021

bcharles99 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 17, 2021 :
    I think after the R&D integration with oppo. one plus software update is in wrong direction... just look at one plus 7 series..OOS11 is completely ruined the experience...i don't understand what happened with software team... Now more deep integration with oppo may trouble oneplus devices... After integration software update is real a crap for One plus device..
    OP 7 series Devices received 3 OOS11 stable builds and 4 Beta builds..still the same issue exist every stable build... Beta builds is more stable than actual stable builds!!!
    With due respect sir, please resolve this software issues as early as possible..

Ionel Malasinc likes this.
  8. NShankaraN , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jun 17, 2021 :
    I thought this integration was already in place and there was a collaboration between Oppo and OnePlus for sw development.
    Nevertheless hoping that this will further strengthen the sw Dev process and we see stable releases

McJader likes this.
  9. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Jun 17, 2021

Topper_Gas , via OnePlus Nord , Jun 17, 2021 :
    Users are also getting a similar experience with the Nord, it seems that's almost been abandoned after just one major, poorly implemented, update to Android 11.

10. Shivendu sharma , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jun 17, 2021 :
    Nice comment 👍
    I infact liked your last 4 points and I share the same thoughts with you

11. sumitMZ007 likes this.
  12. SandeshChinchapur
    Jelly Bean Jun 17, 2021

SandeshChinchapur , Jun 17, 2021 :
    So basically there will be only one product now from both Oppo and OnePlus but only software will differ. Nice.

13. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 17, 2021

derLenno , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 17, 2021 :
    But why... It's inferior in every way, compared to cOS

Mr. BG and McJader like this.
  14. Ananthu6
    Froyo Jun 17, 2021

Ananthu6 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 17, 2021 :
    Well I hope it's for the best.
    Plz OnePlus don't add unnecessary apps we don't need and plz give us a pitch black material ui and more faster bug fixes without introduction of new ones.

15. Ananthu6
    Froyo Jun 17, 2021

otto2 likes this.
  16. NaXal
    Honeycomb Jun 17, 2021

NaXal , Jun 17, 2021 :
    Hello,

Consolidating resources to cut cost and develop at a faster and more efficient way is the fundamental need for any technology business. No doubt from business point a view its a logical and very important step. Secondly, its no secrete among users to understand the unofficial relations of Oppo with OnePlus.

Here is an excellent video explaining the roots of Oppo / Vivo and their unofficial subsidiary brands.

Indeed it is waste of resources to churn out half baked products with wired ideas into market. For example, Oppo having OnePlus and Vivo having iQOO makes sense. But things become wired when Oppo decides to debut RealMe then Narzo. Sub brands starts churn out devices overlapping each other and in the rush, fails to follow a clear path, design language and philosophy.

LG was a prime example about this brand building since they were the industry first to introduce smartphone features yet dropping stuff out from their line up and moving towards different direction every single year.

BBK thus Oppo concentrates heavily on marketing and marketing where as OnePlus was born with the exactly opposite idea. That is the most worrying thing for OnePlus users / fans.

OnePlus has already given us a good scare with this Hasselblad circus. OnePlus has already shown the slowdown and change of their core values and philosophy by loosing the camera edge by using really old sensors or loosing their edge with their camera software against the likes of Google.

Its a turning point for OnePlus, they are now at a cross road and they need to choose. Either to follow Oppo philosophy or return to their own roots.

By roots what do I mean?

Look at the ideas behind birth of OnePlus One. Cutting edge flagship grade hardware, features and smartphone technology with stock android experience by leaving out cost increasing gimmick feature set. Spending less on ads, marketing and pushing out the cost savings towards users.

Plain and simple and there is no denying it worked. It worked wonders. Turn back few years and look what OnePlus brought to the market, which even google themselves couldn't do. Nexus or Pixel line up may give you the best software experience with Android, they way creators wanted the software to be used but none of the pixel or nexus line up could match other major flagships of android with cutting edge smartphone tech. Even today, Pixel is lagging away behind.

Either you get clean software experience with pixel or you need to use forced Custom UI for cutting edge hardware features with flagship makers.

OnePlus is the only one combining the both and somehow indications are all pointing towards a major shift in their ideology.

I hope OnePlus go back towards their roots and do what they did best till 6 series as otherwise, for us Nokia or Asus with their near stock android may be the next go to option.

Thanks.

ashish960 and Ionel Malasinc like this.
  17. amitpharande
    Eclair Jun 17, 2021

18. Ionel Malasinc
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2021

Ionel Malasinc , Jun 17, 2021 :
    Hello!
    Indeed, OnePlus has recently grown globally through the quality of the products delivered. But, if we consider what happens with the last update to OS11 of the 7T / 7T Pro series, we can see, without reservations, that it is a dramatic decrease in software quality. For a device to be good, the hardware endowment is not enough, it also needs a software at the same level as the hardware part.
    For me personally, this update destroyed the battery of the 7T Pro device, and like me there are many others who report this problem, and many more ...
    Speaking of growing the OnePlus business, there is a saying in the world ... "it has grown like a straw fire", which in free translation would mean that OnePlus has had a considerable growth in a relatively short time, but taking into account the problems which the users of the 7T / 7T Pro series have in terms of upgrading to OS11 (the upgrade does not honor you at all), the increase that will "melt" like a straw fire.
    To see that updating the 7T / 7T Pro series to OS11 is not an isolated issue, I invite you to read the posts on the forum dedicated to it.
    Regards,
    An OP user totally dissatisfied with this update.

19. Z1611651300474
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2021

Z1611651300474 , Jun 17, 2021 :
    Hi Team,

I am Deepak Shrivastava, I am using OnePlus 8T from last 5 months. I have seen one problem with the trash option. If you select any trashed data and even after deny the permanent deletion all the selected data got permanently deleted.

Attached is the proof for the same. Let me know if something went wrong from my side.

Thanks,
    Deepak