DaxNagtegaal likes this.
  5. vineetpratik
    Gingerbread May 2, 2015

vineetpratik , May 2, 2015 :
    Its gtx860M (maxwell) 4gb DDR5 memory

6. mmrbest
    Jelly Bean May 2, 2015

mmrbest , May 2, 2015 :
    Dude, I said these games won't run on 2 GB graphic cards...
    Edit: sorry for not being specific.

7. vineetpratik
    Gingerbread May 2, 2015

They do run on 2gb pretty well. I can confirm as my friend had 2gb variant of gtx860M

4gb isnt even needed for most of games today ,
    Only times i noticed 4gb needed was for Watchdogs ( That also when you change graphic settings to Ultra-textures)

Other than that 2gb is sufficient for those games.

8. AlbertTY
    Honeycomb May 2, 2015

AlbertTY , May 2, 2015 :
    Thanks for your reply :) Not sure what you mean by "oc", but I have never dropped it or tampered with the inside components or anything, just using it like normal. It has been doing this for a while now, since mid last year.

I have already tried contact Asus Support twice, both times, they mentioned to factory reset my laptop (this does NOT help). I think it's a hardware issue IMO. How does the hard disk stop running suddenly, then randomly recover from just moving the hinge slightly (few seconds later, it makes a really loud noise inside the machine when it freezes for a 2nd time or when it freezes whilst running a video).

Every time it freezes, it either:
    1. makes a loud noise, Hard Disk light turns off completely.
    2. makes no noise at all, the screen is still showing, but frozen, can't do anything with it unless hold down shut down button, hard disk light turns off completely.
    3. Randomly hibernate while I'm in the middle of my work, no noises.
    4. I get a loud noise, everything freezes, then noise stops, and it enters a blue screen for that WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, then reboots.

None of which is caused by running heavy intensive programs or low on battery. It's literally dying... :(

R.I.P My Laptop
    (only lasted slightly over a year)

9. mmrbest
    Jelly Bean May 2, 2015

mmrbest , May 2, 2015 :
    Those are expensive cards I believe. I bought my HP lap for 72k and at first I played online games with ease. But now recently I started heavy gaming (crysis series) and now far cry 4,it lags like garbage. I overclocked it to male crysis run at playable fps,but it lags after some time. Am considering a cooling pad. My lap even has smartcooling inside and does not need a cooling pad,but I am forced to buy one. I feel I am cheated lol..so even if you buy an expensive laptop(it is expensive for me),the graphic card will let you down. For a lap with decent graphic card,the price will be even higher!
    PS: I have envy 15 j048tx. It is a decent all rounder,but fails at heavy gaming.

10. vineetpratik
    Gingerbread May 2, 2015

11. vineetpratik
    Gingerbread May 2, 2015

Yes sadly in india most of manufacturers dont pay attention to GPU .

The processor is let down by gpu.
    Thankfully lenovo Y50 is reasonably priced now its available for around rs 75000 and the specs are similar to alienware 14 (India)
    Only the tradeoff is screenquality

JuanL likes this.
  12. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop May 2, 2015

veratoloz2005 , May 2, 2015 :
    Listed under cheap coding laptops. The two best ones, according to the article, are produced by Lenovo.

13. JuanL
    KitKat May 2, 2015

JuanL , May 2, 2015 :
    It was said above lenovos werent good. And I cant import in my country... So cant choose from a long list really...

14. JuanL
    KitKat May 2, 2015

JuanL , May 2, 2015 :
    Thanks

15. esantiago098
    Honeycomb May 2, 2015

JuanL likes this.
  16. JuanL
    KitKat May 2, 2015

JuanL , May 2, 2015 :
    My current pc has 2gb and its crap for heavy 3d games. Its easy... The ammount of image processing (pixel by pixel) is so big for some games that 2gb GPUs cant keep up with them... Far cry, titanfalm and WatchDogs are an example

vineetpratik likes this.
  17. AlbertTY
    Honeycomb May 2, 2015

AlbertTY , May 2, 2015 :
    Lenovos aren't bad. Maybe it was based solely on someone's unfortunate experience. I have a lenovo laptop, and it lasted about 4.5 years with no issues, very nicely built. If you're on about the superfish issue, you can easily remove it, along with any other unnecessary bloatware that you don't wish to have on it. If you're referring to the Y50 in specific, then yes, it does compromise slightly in build quality, but the specs : price ratio gives a reasonable bang for your buck for a powerful gaming machine that is affordable.

So if you can't import from your country, what Laptop Brands did you have in mind?

18. MackTheTaylor
    Honeycomb May 2, 2015

MackTheTaylor , May 2, 2015 :
    Dell XPS 13 2015 edition
    It's 13 inch, but the almost bezel free infinity display makes it seem much bigger
    You can get it with a 1080p matte screen or Quad HD touch screen display, a fifth generation i3, i5 of i7, choice of 4 gb or 8gb of RAM and 128 gb, 256 gb or 512 gb SSD.
    Named the best laptop of 2015 many times over and it even has a Developer Edition, running Ubuntu though which I am given to understand you don't want; same hardware.
    Just got one for myself and really looking forward to it.

19. difficult
    Honeycomb May 2, 2015

20. JuanL
    KitKat May 2, 2015

JuanL , May 2, 2015 :
    I have samsung, sony, lenovo, hp, asus, etc... But I dont have the same models as other countries...