A New View - Meet the OnePlus 5T

1. G_jonny_cool_nxOr
    Jelly Bean Nov 7, 2017

G_jonny_cool_nxOr , Nov 7, 2017 :
    THIS WAS KNOWN !! .. ONEPLUS ONLY LEAKED ABOUT 5T AFTER ONE MONTH FROM THE LAUNCH OF ONEPLUS 5 .. I WAS SO EXCITED AND BOUGHT ONEPLUS 5 .. THEY LAUNCHED ONEPLUS 5 AS A BETA PHONE TO LAUNCH AN IMPROVED PHONE ONEPLUS 5 !! ... I HATE ONEPLUS !!

Punit G likes this.
  2. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Nov 7, 2017

Ceasedd , Nov 7, 2017 :
    Yeah,I game on it a lot.

3. G_jonny_cool_nxOr
    Jelly Bean Nov 7, 2017

NO FOOL WILL BUY ONEPLUS 5T AS THEY FOOLED ONEPLUS 5 USERS AND LAUNCHED 5T IMMEDIATELY .. THOSE WHO BOUGHT 5 WILL NOT BUY 5T .. AND NOW ONEPLUS 5T WONT BE A FLAGSHIP PHONE AS IT WILL CROSS 600$

4. G_jonny_cool_nxOr
    Jelly Bean Nov 7, 2017

Yea you are right !! .. They just trying to fool its customers by launching an improved device just after 3 months of the launch of the previous phones !! .. And oneplus 5 is no longer a flagship phone !

5. G_jonny_cool_nxOr
    Jelly Bean Nov 7, 2017

Yea They Just know to fool thier customers !!

6. guitarboy0211
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2017

guitarboy0211 , Nov 7, 2017 :
    Hmm as much as I like oneplus, I can see the discontentment rising. This would probably be the last straw for them because I don't see the 5T doing well in India or China since they are budget conscious and since oneplus 5 sold so well and it is basically an enthusiast phone, I doubt those same people would splash 40k for a 6month update

7. Gav_B
    Froyo Nov 7, 2017

Gav_B , Nov 7, 2017 :
    All the 5 owners can join us 3T owners with a phone less than 6 months old which it's no longer possible to buy accessories for. And no security patches since August 5th (my Nexus 6P updated to Nov 5th patch this morning).

After the revelation that OnePlus is streaming user metrics and data to god-knows-where without our permission or ability to opt out I'm done with OnePlus.

It took a leap of faith to move to OnePlus and that faith was abused.

P.S. ... don't buy the 5T, a 6 will be along in about an hour's time and a 6T roughly 20 mins after that.

8. G_aniket_choudhary_Arkb
    Donut Nov 7, 2017

G_aniket_choudhary_Arkb , Nov 7, 2017 :
    please keep fingerprint scanner on front screen and i hate accept ratio 18:9
    for me it perfect 5.5 inch display. thank you please support my article thank you very much.

9. Gav_B
    Froyo Nov 7, 2017

Gav_B , Nov 7, 2017 :
    I'm on the cusp of pulling the trigger on one as well; Google released the updates to address screen concerns this morning it seems. I had a look at one in store and to be frank, I didn't have any problem with the screen at all.

Would be interested to know your thoughts when yours arrives as I won't be buying another OnePlus. They had their chance with me and blew it.

10. AbandonedTrolley
    Jelly Bean Nov 7, 2017

AbandonedTrolley , Nov 7, 2017 :
    I'll be posting impressions on here and still keeping my eye in the forums, I'm always interested in new phones, but cannot see the 5T being a big jump so soon other than the screen.

Google have also extended the warranty to 2 years as well which helps with any problems that may arise.

11. Yash Bhardwaj
    Jelly Bean Nov 7, 2017

Yash Bhardwaj , Nov 7, 2017 :
    I dont think it will cross $600.

12. eye842
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2017

eye842 , Nov 7, 2017 :
    Wohoo, the list of old forgotten users will increase dramatically.

Dry your eyes it's all about the OP5T now.

13. Punit G
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2017

Punit G , Nov 7, 2017 :
    me too :(

G_jonny_cool_nxOr likes this.
  14. daleski75
    KitKat Nov 7, 2017

daleski75 , Nov 7, 2017 :
    OnePlus always knew that the OP5 was a stop gap, there is no way they could produce a new phone so quickly after the OP5 so the chances are the OP5T was already in development but not quite ready when the OP5 was released and when it was ready boom they dropped the OP5 like a lead balloon.

They promised that the 3T was a one off due to not being able to get hold of the 820 anymore but they have done it again and will continue to do so, just wait when the 845 comes out Dec (if rumours are true) or early next year the OP6 will be released making the OP5 and OP5T even more obsolete.

Resale value is also adversely affected as well as like cars the second a new model is released the price of the older model no matter how good it is plummets in price.

If OnePlus where true to their word and announced both phones at the same time people would accept that and base their purchase decisions on the time they can buy the phone or wait for the 5T.

In the EU there is a standard 2 year warranty on phones so will be interesting to see how they handle replacements, repairs.

Sorry for the rant but how can you trust a company who does U-Turns all the time and is not true to their word.

DON'T BUY THE 5T IF YOU ALREADY OWN THE OP5!

15. SB130212
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2017

16. daleski75
    KitKat Nov 7, 2017

Never going to happen.

marcusskyfall likes this.
  17. Bram Kesselaar
    Eclair Nov 7, 2017

Bram Kesselaar , Nov 7, 2017 :
    I'm actually quite hyped. I was just about to buy the OP 5, when the stock ran out. Shouldn't complain though, would have been quite a bummer if a new OP phone would have arrived one month after I bought mine.
    But to he honest, I'm not so sure about the fingerscanner on the back, that is a bit of a question mark for me. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I shouldn't buy the phone because of only that reason. Does anyone have experience with a fingerscanner on the back? Is it a positive thing? Does it work properly?

18. daleski75
    KitKat Nov 7, 2017

I find them annoying as my phone is on the desk and tapping the finger print sensor on the front is much more convenient than lifting the phone to unlock it when I had a Pixel as an example.

19. Antgl
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2017

Antgl , Nov 7, 2017 :
    I have the OP3 and was curious for the OP5, but when I saw it i thought it isn't good enough to upgrade, now I think the OP5T will be a good upgrade. I just hope the price won't be too high and what I had seen on the teaser, I couldn't see a fingerprint on the back?

20. luap32
    Eclair Nov 7, 2017