A New View - Meet the OnePlus 5T

1. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 9, 2017

elanglois , Nov 9, 2017 :
    The money being charged for the event is going to F Droid, not to OnePlus. So ... what is your point? There is also no evidence of any sale of user data.

Why are you bitching? When someone does a charity dinner at $500 per plate to help kids with cancer, do you tell them they are charging too much for a lousy dinner? It's a ******* charity! Let f-droid get some cash. If it's too expensive for you, don't go! That's why it's exclusive! DUH

2. abhiatoneplus
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2017

abhiatoneplus , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Dear Carl,

My name is Abhishek and I purchased the flagship device (Oneplus 5 ) of your company on 21st September 2017 through Amazon in India.

Previous to this I was an Iphone User and moved from Apple to Oneplus by looking at the huge popularity and highest customer satisfaction Index.

I was really happy and proud to own such a great device unless I saw the news that a new Model Oneplus 5T is going to be launched on 16th November 2017.

Just after this launch my Oneplus5 will be outdated and will remain no longer be a flagship device (2 Months just after buying the device).

When Customers like me spend such huge money on a device, we expect that at least it should remain a flagship device for a year and not getting outdated so quick.

I am highly disappointed by this strategy of such a prestigious and customer-oriented company like OnePlus.

I hope you understand that this Issue is being currently faced by me and all of the Oneplus5 Users.

As a member of OnePlus 5 community, I request you to suggest some way out of this situation.

In my opinion, There can be some replacement policy so that users can upgrade from Oneplus 5 to Oneplus 5T with minimum cost.

vodkarulez and Dextter like this.
  3. pankaj19833
    Eclair Nov 9, 2017

pankaj19833 , Nov 9, 2017 :
    this is all about to sell ur product...I have bought 5 in the month of July and now you are launching 5t in a very short span of time..this is not good...one plus is trying to increase their customer but actually you are losing your faith...keep it up..

4. Bhushan Vighne
    Eclair Nov 9, 2017

Bhushan Vighne , Nov 9, 2017 :
    WTF.. My OP5 is not a month old and you are launching OP5T [e]1f60f[/e] OnePlus should refund 3/4k INR to OP5 users. So bad.. Soon within 6months you'll launch OP6

5. vedant.paliwal
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2017

vedant.paliwal , Nov 9, 2017 :
    I wish i could return things like that.

6. vedant.paliwal
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2017

vedant.paliwal , Nov 9, 2017 :
    I think this loyalty thing is horse shit. I was among first 100 buyers of op1. I got it coz it was a good deal, i bought op3t again coz it was a good deal. I am planning to buy op5t if it is a good deal. If someone offer me a better phone for less price i will buy that. Period!

WorldzFynest likes this.
  7. mlulic
    Honeycomb Nov 9, 2017

mlulic , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Look, I am referring to OP5 discount for OP5T.
    Why would specifically OP5 users get any discount?
    My statement was related to thought that everyone should receive the same treatment, not OP5 users only.

eye842 and piccionel like this.
  8. remedy
    KitKat Nov 9, 2017

remedy , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Abhishek Sir, will it be waterproof?

Dextter likes this.
  9. eye842
    Lollipop Nov 9, 2017

eye842 , Nov 9, 2017 :
    ....and the like of you will come cry again over the OP5T being outdated! Welcome to the real world where new items are being launched all the time.

10. dhames
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2017

dhames , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Exactly. I will check the specs and main thing is battery, if they keep the same battery capacity and increase the display resolution, it might be a turn down for me. Lets wait till the launch date

WorldzFynest likes this.
  11. Laurelion
    Froyo Nov 9, 2017

12. Danish_iam
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2017

Danish_iam , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Only if you say so.

13. Zh_kilat
    Android Q Nov 9, 2017

14. Namit Sakkarwal
    Donut Nov 9, 2017

Namit Sakkarwal , Nov 9, 2017 :
    I know they did same to oneplus 3 users.
    But i dont care now so peace[e]270c[/e]️[e]270c[/e]️

15. WorldzFynest
    Froyo Nov 9, 2017

WorldzFynest , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Looks like it's been worth the wait(coming from a OPO)and I don't care if the Oneplus 6 comes out an hour after I get the 5T, because I'm not some entitled brat that believes I MUST have the absolute latest phone out from a particular brand.

elanglois and CountFerenc like this.
  16. xeno83
    Eclair Nov 9, 2017

xeno83 , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Hey guys,

maybe you can help me to understand peoples minds...

I'm still an OPO user. When the OP5 was shown, I was like "meh", I can wait. The hard- and software are good and I was looking forward to the OP5, but I didn't like the bezels and the fingerprint-scanner under the screen. So I didn't buy the phone and kept waiting for any cool device. Maybe the OP6.

Now, OP seems to bring the device what I was waiting for. Good hardware, nearly stock android and, as it seems, a bezel less screen. When the speakers are not crappy, I'll upgrade to the 5T.

What I really don't understand is: You OP5 Users bought the phone under free will. Why did you buy it? You don't seem to like bezel less phones. You don't seem to care about OSI or ESI in you camera. And you seem to like the fingerprint-scanner where it is, right? So why are you upset now? If any of this bothers you, why did you buy the OP5, in the first place?

The only thing what would be great is, that OP had the resources to sell both devices parallel. So that we can choose the hardware we want.

I'm totally looking forward to the release and then will decide, whether the OP5T will be my next mobile, or not. I hope you upset OP5 users can soon calm down a bit, so we can celebrate a potentially great new device in the market.

Greetings from Germany

17. dtex1987
    Donut Nov 9, 2017

dtex1987 , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Nicely put

xeno83 likes this.
  18. Punit G
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2017

Punit G , Nov 9, 2017 :
    I can't agree more .. :(

G_jonny_cool_nxOr likes this.
  19. Radeon962
    KitKat Nov 9, 2017

Radeon962 , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Hopefully it is water resistant at least so all the crying won't wreck the OnePlus 5T when OnePlus 5 users get to see it.

elanglois likes this.
  20. ut2000
    Honeycomb Nov 9, 2017

ut2000 , Nov 9, 2017 :
    You misconstrued what I said. I said I don't know anything about F-Droid. Meaning, I have no clue what that company does, or what it is for that matter.

Didn't know this was a charity event. Could have sworn it was pay $40 dollars to come watch a presentation on a phone.

It's not about affording to go see a presentation, it's how asinine it sounds.

Paying $500 for plate that will contribute to kids with Cancer doesn't sound asinine to me.