A New View - Meet the OnePlus 5T

1. Devil_twin02 Eclair Nov 9, 2017

Devil_twin02, Nov 9, 2017 :
    My OP5 recently got stolen so I'm happy to get the OP5T. I upgraded from OPO straight to OP5 and was very happy with it. Had it for a solid 3 months. Sadness...

I'm willing to survive another few weeks without a phone to wait for the OP5T. OP phones haven't let me down yet so I'm confident in their stuff :)

2. WorldzFynest Froyo Nov 9, 2017

WorldzFynest, Nov 9, 2017 :

Still a OPO user as well, anxiously awaiting the OP5T. All of what you said couldn't have been said any better. *Standing ovation*

dhames and xeno83 like this.
  3. ut2000 Honeycomb Nov 10, 2017

ut2000, Nov 10, 2017 :
    They removed what I quoted earlier from their original post. $40 for "an accurate headcount." Hah. That's funny.

4. X-Nemesis Froyo Nov 10, 2017

X-Nemesis, Nov 10, 2017 :
    Just give this phone IP67/68 and at least Galaxy S7/1st gen pixel photographic quality with proper OIS+EIS combo.

5. elanglois Lollipop Nov 10, 2017

elanglois, Nov 10, 2017 :
    Read it again and use your head this time. They have very limited seating, so they need to make this an exclusive event. Only those willing to pay a stupid amount of money will get a seat. This is the whole point.

The money goes to F Droid, which is kinda like Google Play without Google. Everything on F Droid is open source and free, free in both senses of the word; no money required, and no restrictions on usage, no ads, no spyware, no tracking, and source code available. Its a great resource for those that want an open phone. Many people that buy OnePlus phones do so because they can install an open source OS without any Google apps and be Google-free without voiding their warranty. F Droid is supported entirely by donations, so its great to see OnePlus contributing.

6. elanglois Lollipop Nov 10, 2017

elanglois, Nov 10, 2017 :
    The only solution is for OnePlus to not release new phones! Otherwise, people might have an outdated device and we can't have that. Obviously, they get the majority of sales within the first few months and then they drop. Releasing new models keeps sales up. Its just business.

svengalis likes this.
  7. ut2000 Honeycomb Nov 10, 2017

ut2000, Nov 10, 2017 :
    It's not exclusive when it's open to everyone and anyone that's willing to pay $40. Use your head next time before you contradict yourself with your opening sentence and try to belittle someone.
    That's not the whole point of charging, originally their claim was to get "an accurate head count" but now they removed that bullshit statement.

I'm done replying to a condescending jackass.

8. temiatwork Gingerbread Nov 10, 2017

temiatwork, Nov 10, 2017 :
    I also receive this announcement by EMAIL and it is annoying. The event is in the U.S. and you know your customers outside the U.S., so stop sending announcements like this by email.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

9. prolrafael Eclair Nov 10, 2017

prolrafael, Nov 10, 2017 :
    I am only buying the 5T, because my old phone screen got shatterd. When I first entered their store found some products out of stock, nearly one month in a half back.

Depends on how you see it, shouldn't Apple, Samsung, respect their customer selling only their best products, so here is an outdate product, just buy it.

Its all about their production control and sale forcast, why produce 1.000.000 extra phones just to dump into the market at a lower price later? I rather stick with the brand that sticks with producing and selling a unique product, because that is the best they can offer. Why sell outdated products? Keep in mind that this "overstock" has a piece of the final price of all products sold, also the support for it and so on. This is how a price is composed.

Additionally OnePlus is a branch of BBK, owner of OPPO, VIVO they are listed as top mobile devices sellers in china. As the volume sold by OnePlus, I am positive sure that they do not have a fixed production line, but they borrow the line form OPPO or VIVO. So this explains the out of stock periods.

10. Anoop0 Gingerbread Nov 10, 2017

Anoop0, Nov 10, 2017 :
    In India theater show is available for INR. 99.
    So roughly this launch is a $2 event :eek:

11. mlulic Honeycomb Nov 11, 2017

mlulic, Nov 11, 2017 :
    Sadly, not because of specs, but rather because it's new. Most pointless reason ever.
    That is why they want discount for 5T - because it's new.

12. svengalis Donut Nov 11, 2017

svengalis, Nov 11, 2017 :
    that doesnt make any sense though. there is always going to be something new on the horizon. the phone is the same price with a better screen and camera... its already discounted...

13. CosminOlteanu Honeycomb Nov 12, 2017

CosminOlteanu, Nov 12, 2017 :
    I saw that leaked pictures on the internet.. I'd like to not be true.. From 5T if you go bezel less, at corners to be like pixel 2 xl..
    Recent and back buttons if you could put them under the screen.. Because they don't need so much space to press on them.. + if you do that we can use the entire screen..
    I really don't like on screen buttons...
    And like a last thing.. Bring back OIS..

14. svengalis Donut Nov 12, 2017

svengalis, Nov 12, 2017 :
    these minor changes of the phone are nothing to be upset about. many of you overreacted. the screen also looks to have the same ppi so i doubt you will even be able tell a difference besides size.

15. svengalis Donut Nov 12, 2017

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017

16. Hsinam1590 Cupcake Nov 12, 2017

Hsinam1590, Nov 12, 2017 :
    @Carl Is there any upgrading policy for the existing op5 users? May be with some minimal charges ? Because I bought op5 just 1 month back and the newer version is out with same price range. it does not make sense to me now I feel there was no point in purchasing op5.

17. suecoo66 Honeycomb Nov 12, 2017

18. mlulic Honeycomb Nov 12, 2017

19. svengalis Donut Nov 13, 2017

svengalis, Nov 13, 2017 :
    then what would he have to complain about?

20. frenchyk Eclair Nov 13, 2017

frenchyk, Nov 13, 2017 :
    I'm currently using an Galaxy Note 3 and I'm patiently waiting for the new OnePlus 5T. I bought my wife a Oneplus 3t last year and was AMAZED how fast and how well built the phone is. I can't wait to add the next Oneplus to my household.

svengalis likes this.