A New View - Meet the OnePlus 5T

1. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 6, 2017

meatandy , Nov 6, 2017 :
    This November will be quite interesting here in the US. with ALL the retailers trying to pull money out of the consumers pocket this holiday season.

Here are the offerings this month which reflect the best in-stock prices that I could find .

Iphone 8
    $799- $250 instant rebate = $549. USD

Samsung Note8
    $949 - $300 instant rebate = $649. USD.

Samsung S8
    $720 = $300 instant rebate = $430 USD.

Essential PH-1
    $449 USD straight up.

Pixel
    $651 USD.

Happy selling .

2. TheSpoken
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 7, 2017

TheSpoken , Nov 7, 2017 :
    Crossing my fingers that the LG v30 also gets a good discount during black Friday, that's likely the phone I'll buy

meatandy likes this.
  3. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 7, 2017

meatandy , Nov 7, 2017 :
    I haven't seen the hot price on that one YET ! ☺️

ChrisTerp likes this.
  4. pojr
    Jelly Bean Nov 7, 2017

5. isaaca
    Froyo Nov 7, 2017

6. stephenboyo
    KitKat Nov 7, 2017

7. stephenboyo
    KitKat Nov 7, 2017

stephenboyo , Nov 7, 2017 :
    Poor little cupcake, guess you didn't see it coming. You'll still get your beta upgrades just like the OP3 and 3T. Anyway it's the same phone its just elongated that's all.

8. stephenboyo
    KitKat Nov 7, 2017

True, it doesn't look remarkable largely because if you have a 3, 3T or 5 you'll know it's just going to be a longer version of the same phone. I actually got bored with my OP3 recently and switched to my Note 4 as a daily driver with an S8/Note 8 ported ROM and it's excellent maybe not as fast as the real thing but you get to enjoy all the Galaxy S8/N8 features and apps without splashing out $1K

9. stephenboyo
    KitKat Nov 7, 2017

True that's the point of the 5 - to act as a beta phone for the T.

10. ut2000
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2017

ut2000 , Nov 7, 2017 :
    To be honest, the Essential Phone at $449 ain't bad to get.

meatandy likes this.
  11. stephenboyo
    KitKat Nov 7, 2017

They're just ripping folks off with a £40 entry fee. In the old days it was worth the queue for an OP phone but nowadays if you already own an OP phone why would you bother paying to go to a launch of a repackaged phone. its like buying a remix of the same tiring old song.

OneRNDPHLive likes this.
  12. Evan Ryan
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2017

Evan Ryan , Nov 7, 2017 :
    Meh.

Unless you have some sort of buy back or trade up program, I'll be keeping my One Plus 5 for another year or so.

bhines5 and OneRNDPHLive like this.
  13. OneRNDPHLive

OneRNDPHLive , Nov 7, 2017 :
    Plus I like my fingerprint scanner on the front of my phone anyway. [e]1f61c[/e]

Deactivated User likes this.
  14. Radeon962
    KitKat Nov 7, 2017

Radeon962 , Nov 7, 2017 :
    Yes you might be wrong as Google just released the November security updates for Pixel and Nexus phones all of which are updated to Android 8.0 Oreo.

You get what you pay for is very true with a OnePlus device.

Buy OnePlus for what it is and what it comes with not what the marketing says it will be in the future as you never know what the future may hold in the OnePlus universe.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.an...ndroid-security-patch-pixel-nexus-812811/amp/

Google has released factory images and OTA files for the November Android security patches for currently supported Pixel and Nexus devices. New Android 8.0 Oreo images have arrived for the Google Pixel 2, Google Pixel and Pixel XL, Pixel C, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X and Nexus Player. For some reason, Google has yet to release the November security patch for the Pixel 2 XL.

ChrisTerp likes this.
  15. TheSpoken

TheSpoken , Nov 7, 2017 :
    Not really, with their rising prices its less of a "get what you pay for" and more like company greed.

Radeon962 likes this.
  16. Suraj gurav 007

bhines5 and G_jonny_cool_nxOr like this.
  17. Jrocci
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2017

Jrocci , Nov 7, 2017 :
    I saw an interview excerpt where Pete hinted about the price being under 600 USD. I'm assuming that means *starting* at 600 for the 64gb model...

I'm hopping of the OnePlus train at that price point. That's past the sweet spot for me.

My $449 Essential PH-1 will be here in a day or so... I'm hoping it will be a similar value proposition to the $400 OnePlus 3 that I've been happily using for, what, almost a year and a half now.

If I'm wrong about the price (and/or the Essential turns out to be total garbage), I might reconsider and give OnePlus another shot.

But in my opinion, they're pricing themselves out of the very market they helped create.

qasimtb, wilsmits and meatandy like this.
  18. RSPBLR
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2017

qasimtb likes this.
  19. kenny42192
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2017

20. Mohan.peddineni
    Eclair Nov 7, 2017

bhines5 and G_jonny_cool_nxOr like this.