A note on mischief

1. d-a-n Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 14, 2015

d-a-n, Sep 14, 2015 :
    If you only went up to ~1200's with 300 fake email accounts, goodness knows how many other people must have used :eek:

theapu likes this.
  2. theapu Jelly Bean Sep 14, 2015

theapu, Sep 14, 2015 :
    I didn't even tried much. My interest was only for educational purposes. OnePlus should have added the captcha right from the start. That would have reduced the chances of bot based hacks.

3. theapu Jelly Bean Sep 14, 2015

theapu, Sep 14, 2015 :
    There is also another thing that puzzles me.
    I registered a new email id to the reservation list now. So I should expect mybself to be at a position greater than 5313617 in the list once I confirmed my registration.
    Screenshot_2015-09-15-00-47-17.jpg But when I confirmed I found my self at a much higher position without doing anything
    Screenshot_2015-09-15-00-48-51.png
    So why around 500000 people are already below me?. What did those unfortunate souls did to be below me? Are those the cheaters and fake email ids that you combed out? If so why are they still on the list?

svash, Chugz and calipo69 like this.
  4. jmcpolin Froyo Sep 14, 2015

5. jmcpolin Froyo Sep 15, 2015

jmcpolin, Sep 15, 2015 :
    "Late to the dance..." Such as great line to start s conversation

6. smshingare Honeycomb Sep 15, 2015

smshingare, Sep 15, 2015 :
    God knows......

7. gurps220 Froyo Sep 16, 2015

gurps220, Sep 16, 2015 :

cheating??? wuttttttt? oh helllll noooooo!!

pointless contests will encourage this!

8. mdfb42 Froyo Sep 17, 2015

mdfb42, Sep 17, 2015 :
    @Mike @Carl @Pete @Cat H

I want to thank you for helping me make my decision on my next phone.

You see, I found the compromise in your reservation list MYSELF and MANUALLY entered each and every referral and MANUALLY confirmed each and every confirmation email.

I broke the top 100 on the list at one point and invested many hours doing this method thanks to your beginner programming on the reservation list and Gmail's useful method of adding dots throughout your own email address so you still received the emails but the reservation system thought it was a new sign-up.

It baffles me that you would reward the person that compromised the system with a script and then subsequently penalize everyone else that found it on their own and did it manually.

One would think you would reward everyone that compromised your system prior to the release of the video as, like me, I imagine we all thought the compromise in the system was just another OnePlus Easter Egg similar to the invite codes on the VR release. I thought you would be happy and proud of us, never once did I think you would be naive enough to penalize us for being creative.

But, with all of that out of the way and me for sure being penalized as stated since I stopped counting my referrals once I exceeded 400, thank you for helping me narrow down my decision for my next phone as it definitely will NOT by a OnePlus product as it has been well documented that investing time and creativity in an attempt to receive an invite is a waste and therefore I will not be wasting my money on such a hypocritical company that rewards one but punishes all others that did it before it was made known.

Chugz likes this.
  9. mdfb42 Froyo Sep 17, 2015

mdfb42, Sep 17, 2015 :
    This discrepancy has been there from the beginning and it has become more exaggerated as the list grew. People would sign up with random email addresses and not be able to confirm them. Therefore, it would place the email on the list but would not officially place them in line.

So as you can see, there are a lot of email addresses that have been signed up but never confirmed.

theapu likes this.
  10. quinnzshen Cupcake Sep 18, 2015

11. Aghonge Honeycomb Sep 18, 2015

Aghonge, Sep 18, 2015 :
    Thanks for special measures!!

12. Aghonge Honeycomb Sep 18, 2015

Aghonge, Sep 18, 2015 :
    Please give priority to users like us

13. IslandMamma Froyo Sep 19, 2015

IslandMamma, Sep 19, 2015 :
    As a One + owner, I didn't find out about the reservation list until a few days in. I assumed that those of us who purchased the 1 + 1 and were active on forums would be rewarded prior to any reservation list for the masses. My bad!!

14. Svcemecha Cupcake Sep 23, 2015

15. raman77 Cupcake Sep 24, 2015

raman77, Sep 24, 2015 :
    Thx a ton

16. svash Honeycomb Sep 27, 2015

svash, Sep 27, 2015 :
    Just an overall disappointing experience. The whole reservation list exists because oneplus cannot manufacture in quantities. I've been honestly active only to have my reservation number get pushed out by some 70K. Does oneplus honestly expect folks to hang on 2 months plus for buying the OPT? is it that big of a "flagship killer?"

17. chrisambrosiou Cupcake Sep 28, 2015

chrisambrosiou, Sep 28, 2015 :
    I've gone from 7k to 9.5k, this whole one+ thing is bullsh*t, im going to get myself an interview Xperia z5 or nexus 6 instead.

18. Adithya7shankar Cupcake Sep 29, 2015

19. curly12002uk Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2015

curly12002uk, Sep 29, 2015 :
    Trust me I understand your frustration as I'm now down around the FIVE MILLIONTH position LOL...Just as well the phone is a disappointment and I still think that very few are getting invites and some of those report the phones are out of stock when they go to buy the op2....One thing is certain...even a parent company like oppo can only be patient for so long before taking action. We are nearly two months in and hardly anyone has an invite never mind a phone!

20. chrisambrosiou Cupcake Sep 29, 2015

chrisambrosiou, Sep 29, 2015 :
    Nice to see you're a fellow goner! Maybe we should start discussing team tactics etc instead of the damn phone !!!