A note on mischief

1. aaron.hossain75
    Lollipop Aug 4, 2015

2. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Aug 4, 2015

zaphod-beeblebrox , Aug 4, 2015 :
    Thems de rules. Thats how the cookie crumbles. The long and the short of it. You get my drift bruv. Dont blame me, Im just the monkey, not the organ grinder.

3. thejchen7
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2015

4. sponge_dork
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2015

5. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Aug 4, 2015

6. paulomonteiro

7. SSRog20

SSRog20 , Aug 4, 2015 :
    Good to know you're checking for crap like this. There's always some knucklehead out there trying to out smart the system!

There's also a few flaws in the system, at least on the #WWYDFT2 front. I uploaded one video and then attempted to add my social media profiles to show off my love for OnePlus, at the time, it continued to reject my info as it must want a YouTube video of my profiles??? Is this the case?

Thanks

8. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Aug 4, 2015

I like your thinking. What we need is a special force. A special INVITES LIST Patrol force..... mmm
    [​IMG]

sponge_dork likes this.
  9. Reivon Choccoli
    Community Veteran Aug 4, 2015

Reivon Choccoli , Aug 4, 2015 :
    This is very much like a war, everything is permitted. They are not doing anything illegal. Go take your butthurt somewhere else.

Nilesh Sajnani and Milad like this.
  10. cstadler333
    Eclair Aug 4, 2015

cstadler333 , Aug 4, 2015 :
    I love how OnePlus is checking, and I'm really happy for the RealJakeCooper for getting an invite, for being such an honest fellow. I saw his post and thought that even though he (specifically) was doing it with an honest intent, many people are gonna try to exploit it now. Good to hear OnePlus will make good for all of us waiting in line and using the share links the way they're meant to be used: to introduce friends, family, and even far away acquaintances to this awesome phone. Share the love. Thanks OnePlus!

11. azp3
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2015

azp3 , Aug 4, 2015 :
    Until you stick with your word of "first come first serve", you have lost my business. #NeverSettle=Shameless

pingug and bdithug like this.
  12. bdithug

bdithug , Aug 4, 2015 :
    OnePlus got what they deserved. The invite system is one thing, so long as it's on a first come first serve basis. But being bumped down the list because you don't spam other sites / people with OnePlus crap? That's just garbage. It looks good on OnePlus for having such a stupid ridiculous invite system that encourages spam.

This company is once again proving that they are in fact, a joke. Such a mickey mouse company, I've lost all respect for OnePlus.

pingug likes this.
  13. phillip.dobby1
    Froyo Aug 4, 2015

14. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Aug 4, 2015

Apart from the 20,000 gone to China who didnt have to wait in line.

[​IMG]

oh sorry, I was a little sick there, something appears to be disagreeing with me. Apologies

15. saswatdas
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2015

16. crazycarl

dsmonteiro likes this.
  17. billj561
    Eclair Aug 4, 2015

billj561 , Aug 4, 2015 :
    I have to agree that it is really disappointing to read the "first come first served" statement then bang away at the website to even get it to TAKE your registration for the wait list and then come back a day later to see that you slipped thousands down the list simply because other people are spamming family/friends/websites (or cheating). What was the point of making the reservation list and saying (essentially) those who sign up sooner get an invite sooner only to punk everyone later by allowing this bumping crap.

What OP should do is turn off the bumping...that has ruined the entire experience for everyone except those that ARE cheating. And don't even use the excuse that you need to generate the hype because you are a startup company, etc... There was plenty of hype that resorting to this BS bumping system of spamming anyone to up your reservation position was not needed at all. The only people being hurt are the more loyal OP members. Way to go screwing over the biggest fans for someone who will probably use an early invite and then put the phone up for sale for more than they paid and don't really care a damn about the "OP mission".

18. eskimosoldier
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2015

19. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Moderator Moderator Aug 4, 2015

20. jtbergen
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2015

jtbergen , Aug 4, 2015 :
    Thank you for catching us up on this. Given the invite system I am glad you are looking out for those of us trying to get our OPT invites on the up and up.