A Note on Smartphone IP Ratings

1. saikiran4ever
    Jelly Bean May 4, 2019

saikiran4ever , May 4, 2019 :
    I don't understand your philosophy. You are saying you have taken a decision not to have certified IP rating for your upcoming phone and at the same time you are not sure about having it in future phones.
    Then why do you need to tell us this now?

Your decisions are always changing. You created a post long back to explain why you did not want to omit headphone jack. And... The headphone jack was removed in later models.

Your decisions were never customer centric. You just lied. Most of the times you just copied hardware & design from oppo & vivo.

You are saying it costs 30$ more for having ip rating for Oneplus 7pro. Don't you think Oneplus 7 pro is no more a budget phone? Why do you think customers can't afford to pay 30$ more as they are already paying more for every next gen Phone of OnePlus?

I suggest you to stop posting reasons for not having some feature on your upcoming phone as you will definitely change your opinion about it in future.

Lastly, why are you talking only about OnePlus 7 pro and not OnePlus 7? Cas, it brings more profits?

Last edited: May 4, 2019

iNtEnSePL, mikica023, malidan and 2 others like this.
  2. ASMITSHARMA
    Gingerbread May 4, 2019

ASMITSHARMA , May 4, 2019 :
    Great work!!! ONEPLUS also told this at the time of oneplus 6series but some people thought it's not waterproof because the lack of any IP rating. but now they've shown us. and to be frank this shows that ONEPLUS really cares for there costumes.

3. thinkp4d
    Cupcake May 4, 2019

thinkp4d , May 4, 2019 :
    His post has even more bullshit than the video. They prolly tested many units, and some of them gained water upon the bucket drop, so they added the *optimal shit, to be covered and still make the ad. As the saying goes, "There's no such thing as bad publicity.", so here we are, talking about this, instead of doing other things.

ratansuthar00 likes this.
  4. Axy sty
    Froyo May 4, 2019

Axy sty , May 4, 2019 :
    In love with one plus advertisement team ;)

5. Prabhu Dev
    Cupcake May 4, 2019

Prabhu Dev , May 4, 2019 :
    Very happy to see that finally One plus coming with water proof. It was a long time wait.

6. SJBoss
    Lollipop May 4, 2019

SJBoss , May 4, 2019 :
    Shown us what? he didn’t even tell if the device survived :rolleyes:
    And to be frank this shows you’re part of @Carl’s rabid fan base.

ASMITSHARMA2003 and B_Wrath like this.
  7. Taamdarohit
    Cupcake May 4, 2019

8. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 4, 2019

9. keithgpowell

keithgpowell , May 4, 2019 :
    Considering the price of mobile phones, perhaps we should check out our home insurance for accidental damage or take out separate insurance.

In any case, if you drop it in water, don't panic(but profanity is acceptable)switch off if you can and leave it in a warm place to dry out for a day or so before trying it out

10. SJBoss
    Lollipop May 4, 2019

SJBoss , May 4, 2019 :
    Why though? I was quoted I believe?

11. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert May 4, 2019

12. Liehjan
    Marshmallow May 4, 2019

Liehjan , May 4, 2019 :
    Water resistant, not water proof :p

13. PrashantKarma

PrashantKarma , May 4, 2019 :
    its neither water proof nor water resistant coz no phone without ip rating is water resistant...

14. PrashantKarma

not even water resistant bro.. Warranty is not valid for water damage..

15. Liehjan
    Marshmallow May 4, 2019

Liehjan , May 4, 2019 :
    No phone covers water damage, but even the 6/6t had some sort of water splash resistance.

JB A. likes this.
  16. Liehjan
    Marshmallow May 4, 2019

Liehjan , May 4, 2019 :
    That's not completely true, you can give a phone water resistance even without the official IP certification... IP rating or not, water damage is never covered under warranty

JB A. likes this.
  17. keithgpowell

keithgpowell , May 4, 2019 :
    Apologies.
    The Community App has its reply and comment button very close together. I replied by mistake so I deleted my comments.

SJBoss likes this.
  18. PrashantKarma

yeah that means its unofficial...

SJBoss and Liehjan like this.
  19. Liehjan
    Marshmallow May 4, 2019

Liehjan , May 4, 2019 :
    True, but for me IP rating don't mean anything... I have friends that own phones with ip67/68 and still got water damage on their phone... That's like 1000$ down the drain just because you trusted the IP rating too much

20. SJBoss
    Lollipop May 4, 2019

SJBoss , May 4, 2019 :
    No problem good sir, I’d advice you to use a browser instead.

by any chance are you a relative of @The Earl of Twatshire?

The Earl of Twatshire likes this.