A Peek Inside OxygenOS 11

1. Abhishek654
    Honeycomb Aug 31, 2020

RevidFfum and 19TCC62 like this.
  2. nabigh.nilawar
    Eclair Aug 31, 2020

nabigh.nilawar , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 31, 2020 :
    Oxygen OS 11 dp looks absolutely great and refreshing in most of the part but some part feels odd, annoying, outdated such as
    notification centre looks like it's inspired from android 10 although it does provide separate conversations catagory but categorising style is same old android 10 style where as in android 11 Proper division is created
    by writing conversation in TRANSPARENT background instead of solid colour background which looks much cleaner and awesome compared to android 10 solid GRAY/WHITE colour background

View attachment 1420543

View attachment 1420542

... then main part of settings Ul is one hand use oriented and other sub-menu uses same old design.... hopefully this all will get fixed in final release

3. Aaronpatrick
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2020

dark5un likes this.
  4. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 31, 2020

derLenno , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 31, 2020 :
    Just stopping by to say that all of you are ignorant whiny kids who don't know anything about usability, who don't seem to consider how much Samsung has contributed to stuff that is now seen as an industry standard and how dumb y'all look when crying for a "Stock Android experience" that hasn't been there since 2017 or so.

It's fun if @malidan starts hating, but everyone else should consider the idea that following the paths of an innovative company is better than sticking to a lame, obsolete way of designing phone interaction.
    Is OOS11 perfect? Hell nah, it's far from that. Does it look like One UI? Sure it does. Did anyone ever deny that it does? No. They openly show that when they share photographs of their flipcharts where iOS and One UI are clearly visible on the print outs.

Also, a little reminder that what you cry about is a bigger font that goes away with one single swipe.

5. Timalay
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2020

Timalay , Aug 31, 2020 :
    Are you people not forgetting the one great thing about Android as a whole? You can change the look of the UI with a third-party launcher. I did when I got bored of the OnePlus X stock look.

dark5un and Neerajan like this.
  6. techwiz08
    Froyo Aug 31, 2020

techwiz08 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 31, 2020 :
    You can continue to suck OnePlus's D***, but that doesn't change the fact that the new UI sucks. Samsung has a very polished UI . It is not the fact that the new OP UI looks like One UI that is the problem, it that it looks like a cheap ripoff, far from polished.

7. Sam3er_7
    Eclair Aug 31, 2020

8. Dummyxl
    Froyo Aug 31, 2020

Dummyxl , Aug 31, 2020 :
    I was begging for the always one screen, and a oneplus fan.

But I'm not updating to this crap. Sorry oneplus I want to use the whole screen and more stock experience.

I'm really disappointed in oneplus.
    Not even begin over the Facebook app.

9. JayBl8de
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 31, 2020

10. ade0410 likes this.
  11. malidan
    Nougat Aug 31, 2020

malidan , Aug 31, 2020 :
    Where's the innovative bud? There is no innovation here.
    But it is a good idea to copy the number one user platform as more people are already use to it.😂😂😂
    When did stating a fact become hate?:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020

12. chvzedgar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 31, 2020

chvzedgar , Aug 31, 2020 :
    Whatever man, OnePlus is copying in a very poor way what other company has perfectly done. They are losing their identity for something that looks cheap. Also, an extra swipe means a lot... Look at Apple's face unlock vs OnePlus's

13. Daxzy
    Eclair Aug 31, 2020

chvzedgar likes this.

14. bobsta , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , Aug 31, 2020 :
    Ignorant whiny kids? Speak for yourself 🤣. I'm a 44 year old professional who has worked in software development for 20 years. Plagiarism is rife in the software industry. Some may call it flattery when a competitor imitates a leader. However, OnePlus have blatantly taken Samsung's UI and tried to make it their own with not much success. I would go as far to say it's a 'copy and paste' job.

RevidFfum, 19TCC62, LeptitLoS and 4 others like this.
  15. K1556145980862
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2020

16. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 31, 2020

derLenno , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 31, 2020 :
    Which I also tried saying when I wrote that it's far from perfect.

17. H1598375829822
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2020

18. F_Brandon_Tobias_jGSG
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2020

F_Brandon_Tobias_jGSG , Aug 31, 2020 :
    1) They should go back to Black instead of grey.
    2) They should use transparencies like how Huawei did there notification shade.
    3) The background being grey for the categories I agree with its hard to read . .. Bold the text and make it semi-transparent or a different colour.

19. F_Brandon_Tobias_jGSG
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2020

F_Brandon_Tobias_jGSG , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 31, 2020 :
    Dear Oneplus can we have the fully redesigned UI where the sub-menus in settings and other parts of the OS are consistent?

Can we have a post also where we can see maybe videos/screenshot of what's going to be implemented so maybe we can give you feedback? I mean it's entitled a peek at OOS 11 so let's get the preview shots.

The green tint still not fixed but seems a bit better.
    Colour banding still prevalent. For me at least.

I'll see if battery life got any better.
    Seems a smoother
    Some elements do the UI looks cleaner
    Settings still has that one section that's not rounded like the rest.

Weird things
    Comfort tone and Night mode/Vision comfort: This should not turn off when the screen comes off allowing blue light to come through as normal. When turning on the phone u can see the screen gradually reverting to Vision comfort mode this should be on once its set to be enabled that means AOD/Ambient display should have it on, lock screen, etc not be enabled when I unlock or turn on my screen let the device remember and retain that setting.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020

chvzedgar likes this.