A phone for my daughter?

1. jouss95
    Cupcake May 4, 2015

jouss95 , May 4, 2015 :
    Depends on what shes looking for. The nexus 5 is great, only issue is the camera since its a nexus AND its not that big. Plus, that nexus is half the money of an iphone

2. AntMunny
    KitKat May 4, 2015

AntMunny , May 4, 2015 :
    r00ting the OPO and flashing ROMS and adb commands may pique her interest in computer programming...

3. jouss95
    Cupcake May 4, 2015

jouss95 , May 4, 2015 :
    Tell her that to be popular you need something that no else has. Who doesnt want to be different in a good way and become popular

4. Nimit4
    Jelly Bean May 4, 2015

5. inqbus406
    Gingerbread May 4, 2015

inqbus406 , May 4, 2015 :
    Yeah when I was 12 I had a flip phone. Anyway, whatever you want to pay for

6. mmrbest
    Jelly Bean May 4, 2015

mmrbest , May 4, 2015 :
    Im past high school,but I made my college buddies drop their jaw when I spoke about the specs quickly...lol
    For 22k(INR), this phone has:
    5.5 inch full HD screen
    3gb ram
    Snapdragon 801 2.3 GHz overclockable to 2.8ghz
    Adreno 330 GPU 600 MHz
    (And finally the jaw dropping factor) 64 GB internal memory

vinay.k.21 and Salmonfish like this.
  7. deejay01
    KitKat May 4, 2015

deejay01 , May 4, 2015 :
    Refrain from that spec talk when macking on the ladies, i.e. enjoy college.

Salmonfish likes this.
  8. Halcyonic
    Honeycomb May 4, 2015

Halcyonic , May 4, 2015 :
    The OP said " but please continue with top 2 recommendations going forward with specs (above) in mind."
    Plus, the Nexus 5 looks very good, especially the red variant.

9. DeltaSky
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 4, 2015

DeltaSky , May 4, 2015 :
    Xiaomi mi 4i(just Google it)

10. TlathamXmahtalT
    KitKat May 4, 2015

TlathamXmahtalT , May 4, 2015 :
    "With specs in mind." That doesn't mean "focus on specs." That means "Pick a phone that's a good fit, then worry about specs."

11. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert May 4, 2015

Baymax , May 4, 2015 :
    Who is the parent here? If my kid asked for a phone. I'd get something like a Moto G (2nd Gen) or Moto E and just tell the kid to deal with it. The G (2nd Gen) is quite a change from the G (1st Gen) too. But, I highly agree no iPhone. My pockets won't stretch that far either. I don't want them to either though. :)

12. WesleyvanBree
    Donut May 4, 2015

WesleyvanBree , May 4, 2015 :
    Indeed! Or an old Nokia or something so she can call you for emergencies

13. mmrbest
    Jelly Bean May 4, 2015

mmrbest , May 4, 2015 :
    Ladies in my class play temple run in my OPO :oops:

14. RideBike
    Jelly Bean May 4, 2015

RideBike , May 4, 2015 :
    that are such shitty comment's! just cause you didn't have a phone when you were 12 doesn't mean kids nowadays don't need one. (alright they don't NEED one, but so do you, you also don't NEED

15. kikofhm
    Honeycomb May 4, 2015

kikofhm , May 4, 2015 :
    She needs a friend not a brand new smartphone.... if the purpose is the parents call or send text to her. Nokia 3330 on ebay its a nice deal breaker

"i can't understand the kids nowadays"

16. difficult
    Honeycomb May 4, 2015

difficult , May 4, 2015 :
    Get her one of these retro phones off of ebay...they are actually back in fashion..coolest kid on the block.[​IMG]

17. vinay.k.21
    Jelly Bean May 4, 2015

vinay.k.21 , May 4, 2015 :
    LOL... Kids wouldn't even touch it

18. Stahn
    Cupcake May 4, 2015

19. kikofhm
    Honeycomb May 4, 2015

kikofhm , May 4, 2015 :
    i think the hole point doesn't matter if
    have or haven't phone in our generation, when i was 12 e.g. but this generation seems be destroyed by new technologies. i don't say that's bad. But my point is just go to a restaurant and see the effect of hypnosis on gadgets while in the past people talked to each other at the table.

20. LidiaFitz
    Gingerbread May 4, 2015

LidiaFitz , May 4, 2015 :
    Whatever you do, don't buy her an iPhone. She'll grow up like one of these girls we find nowadays, who don't know a thing about technology at all and think that you need something designed in California to be successful,popular and amazing.** Believe me, if you're interested in all this, you should tell her why you choose *the phone you finally pick* and make her understand. She's young, I know. She doesn't care about all that, maybe. I didn't need anyone to get me interested in phones and be objective about all that but maybe she does, and this is a great chance to do it.
    It seems silly, but I'm 20 years old now and I know how not to get swindled (among other things, but that's one of the most important ones).

[At least that's my opinion, I thought we could use some female perspective here]

Knowledge ftw.

**Not saying Apple is s#it, but it's not the only good thing out there. And yes, their MK campaign and all strategies are amazing and whatever, but they're expensive AF.
    And people only want them for being beautiful, that's not fair. You don't want your little girl to be one of them, do you? :(

vinay.k.21 likes this.