A recap on our first Global User Talk

1. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Apr 21, 2021

Crystal Z. , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Hey friends,

Last Tuesday, we've finished our first Global User Talk – an event where the Global and Chinese communities interacted for the very first time, and it was an amazing experience. The event was well-received by both the staff and the live stream audience, I hope our participating users, @keithnyc @YRJ @Lavin A. @wissou @obakesan. @huxley1t, enjoyed it as well.

btsusertalk.png

This also the first time we live stream a Community event, sharing what was happening in both our Zoom call, where our global and China users met and talked and the brainstorm room, where staff gathered. Technical issues were our biggest concern, but luckily there were no unforeseen issues during the event.

Thankfully, when it came to the language barrier, @huxley1t was a great help, bridging the gap between the Global and Chinese users with some professional-level translations of some of the questions. The discussions went from OnePlus 9 Series, to ColorOS discussions, to CMF (Color, Material, Finish). Due to the engaging conversation and the time limit, we missed the gear products show-off, where we planned to share some of the cool Chinese exclusive gear.

You might've noticed the Hasselblad postcard set and pin in the recap video. If you're wondering how you can get your hands on these very exclusive swag articles, don't worry, we're giving a few away in this thread and our upcoming raffles! Leave your comments below, and we'll randomly pick up 3 winners, each winning a Hasselblad postcard set.

As for the CMF displayed during the event, @Hope L. shared them in the global community weeks ago, but it was the first time to be shown in China, becoming one of the most talked-about topics during the event.

During the talk, there was a topic that Global users were dying to ask our Chinese users – the move to ColorOS. A China user named Luke who answered the question is actually quite positive about it. He wrote a Chinese recap after this event, feel free to give a peek at the Chinese community, with the help of Google Translate, of course. ;)

In the end, this was a scary but rewarding experience for the Global and Chinese Community teams. Being live on Bilibili (think Chinese YouTube) gave us no room for error but we couldn't be happier with the result. More importantly, we can't wait for the participants themselves to share their thoughts with you in this thread. As for those that didn't have the chance to participate, we'd love to hear your thoughts on this type of event. Leave your comments below!

2. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 21, 2021

Cheetosdust , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Pretty interesting initiative like I mentioned before, I just wish the recap video was a little bit longer with a richer, well, recap. :oops:

But I do think this has potential to become a series, not only beneficial for the members, but for the company, that can understand better and in real time how different cultures and needs can come together.

Congratulations to everyone who participated. ;)

They do look incredible and quite exclusive. Perfect souvenir for @G_plusone lose in the raffles. :p

3. McJader
    Marshmallow Apr 21, 2021

McJader , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Thanks for the recap video, Crystal.
    Nice of the global members to ask about a topic that many other users would've been interested in, i.e., ColourOS
    Also, me wants that Hasselblad×OnePlus swag:p

4. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 21, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Repelling Vampires?

Anyhow, feel free to invite me to the next session!

5. SRD.
    Lollipop Apr 21, 2021

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Thanks for the recap @Crystal Z.
    I also wanted to be a part of this global user talk.
    Good to see the known faces. When are you going to pick me for a global user talk ??? ☺

Hasselblad post card & pins.

1619005192632.jpg

1619005192661.jpg

1619005192682.jpg

Bye bye.

6. ShreyasPatil_
    Jelly Bean Apr 21, 2021

YRJ, Caoimhín, atenaa and 5 others like this.
  7. G_plusone
    Nougat Apr 21, 2021

G_plusone , via OnePlus 3 , Apr 21, 2021 :
    I am only entering Once Cheeto :p
    Not a reckless gambler anymore :D

YRJ, Caoimhín, northbay5566 and 9 others like this.
  8. Cheetosdust

Tell me your secret, it seems I keep wasting my treasured points left and right. :p

YRJ, Caoimhín, atenaa and 9 others like this.
  9. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Apr 21, 2021

Dhruv Kashyap , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Congratulations to @Crystal Z. and Team for a Wonderful And Successful Event. The Recap Video gives a very brief insight, but definitely looks great✨ And yes, the Hasselblad Postcard and pin set did caught my sight, looks very cool, even from outside💫.
    Those un-released prototypes from @Hope L.'s lab look quite beautiful. I am sure community would love some of them released😉
    Congratulations to our community mates who were able to be part of such an amazing event, and got a chance to interact with our members accross the globe.
    Hoping for many such events in the future too⚡✨💫

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021

10. G_plusone
    Nougat Apr 21, 2021

G_plusone , via OnePlus 3 , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Think that the Yearly User Raffle is going be there every year and it will have all of the Goodies in the Raffles for exchange :p

11. Cheetosdust

Sounds like a plan - now to figure out how many points I still have. :D

13. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 21, 2021

the_o2 , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Thanks for the recap, but the video is too short :(:oops:

Please upload some BTS videos as well :D:p

YRJ, Caoimhín, northbay5566 and 6 others like this.
  14. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 21, 2021

YRJ, Caoimhín, northbay5566 and 8 others like this.
  15. SRD.
    Lollipop Apr 21, 2021

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Everyone was thinking he was the red one, but to the surprise, he is exactly the different one 😜

YRJ, Caoimhín, northbay5566 and 6 others like this.
  16. G_plusone
    Nougat Apr 21, 2021

Lavin A., YRJ, northbay5566 and 8 others like this.
  17. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 21, 2021

dsmonteiro , Apr 21, 2021 :
    I made a similar joke in the event 😂 but I thought of exorcisms.

SRD., YRJ, northbay5566 and 9 others like this.
  18. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Apr 21, 2021

SRD., YRJ, northbay5566 and 9 others like this.
  19. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 21, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    THAT'S A FAKE PHOTO!
    THIS IS THE REAL ONE 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻
    g46.png

ssman, Solace_Serenity, SRD. and 13 others like this.
  20. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 21, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Vamperic Exorcisms!

Solace_Serenity, SRD., YRJ and 7 others like this.