A rumor that sounds so good that I wish it could have been true..

1. Ranvir Patil
    Froyo Dec 7, 2017

Ranvir Patil , Dec 7, 2017 :
    Hi All,

I personally don't like to create any redundant threads which are baseless and absurd..

Sorry to go back on my own words.. I just had to share it with the OnePlus 2 users.

Recently surfing the dark web I came across a forum.. that would debunk the no nougat update stand for oneplus 2..

for time and again most of my fellow oneplus 2 users (one of them is even me). Who are eagerly awaiting for the N update just like the revival of the messiah. But now even the most loyalists of the users are tired and running out of patience..

Now just as the title says.. A rumor that sounds so good that I wish it could have been true..

One of the members of this forum.. Has prophesized.. That oneplus 2 has reached its End of it's product life and won't get any N updates..

But..

***DRUM ROLLS***

The oneplus 2 will be getting a security patch very soon.. (hopefully by Christmas or by New Year Eve)

Now as a natural debunker and a sceptic I asked that person why and how..??

He provided me with some logical reasoning.
    That..
    #1. Oneplus 2 already has the hardware built to run Nougat.
    #2. Oneplus 3 was in the similar situation last year and they had not received the N update.. And just like a bang.. They received the N update on the New Year's eve..

So not keeping my hopes up and not keeping my fingers crossed..

If anyone finds this thread redundant then don't hesitate to suspend it..

Cheers

RamboH likes this.
  2. rahilmodi97
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2017

rahilmodi97 , Dec 7, 2017 :
    So what are you implicating?? OP2 isn't going to get Nougat Update the officials have confirmed that. So the other thing you mentioned it may get Security Patch Update because they have not denied that and in terms of security they always provided OP2 with latest security patch when it was necessary. Your wish won't get fulfilled this Christmas.

eye842 likes this.
  3. Saurabh_221
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2017

Saurabh_221 , Dec 7, 2017 :
    Im actively back on the forum after like 4 months and still people are talking about nougat on oneplus 2...guys really....nougat is so last year...go custom go oreo[e]1f602[/e]

eye842 and Rusty NZ like this.
  4. eye842
    Lollipop Dec 8, 2017

eye842 , Dec 8, 2017 :
    Security patches have nothing to do with Android Noghat or Orion.

We all know that OP2 can run Nougat and that there is an unfinished official version of it that got scrapped.

Rusty NZ likes this.
  5. eye842
    Lollipop Dec 8, 2017

eye842 , Dec 8, 2017 :
    Wrong, OP3 was not in similar situation. OnePlus still haven't closed the door on OP3, last Christmas it was just 6 month old, OP2 is now 2.5 years old and service have been terminated to the point where we can't even be sure to get security updates anymore.
    Did you read all the posts from the fool who promised us "Nougat like update" in September? He had insider info!!!! Yes he spoke to someone employed at a servicecenter and guess what? September came and went.

Rusty NZ likes this.
  6. dsmonteiro
    OnePlus Community Team Staff Member Dec 8, 2017

dsmonteiro , Dec 8, 2017 :
    Seeing that you don't show any sources for this "rumor", I will call it like I see it. This is just something you pulled out of your arse in order to get some likes.

Rusty NZ, Bobbie63 and Android450 like this.
  7. Android450
    Marshmallow Dec 8, 2017

Android450 , Dec 8, 2017 :
    Not a similar situation really, they send end of the year and it came at the end of the year. It was no real surprise there

Rusty NZ and Bobbie63 like this.
  8. dsmonteiro
    OnePlus Community Team Staff Member Dec 8, 2017

dsmonteiro , Dec 8, 2017 :
    And to put it to rest. OnePlus has already publicly stated there will be no update. There's not even anything to support the claim that it will get additional security updates.

Rusty NZ likes this.
  9. Bobbie63
    Nougat Dec 8, 2017

Bobbie63 , Dec 8, 2017 :
    You said it yourself:
    • Rumor
    • Wish it could have been true

Rusty NZ likes this.