A small token of recognition from OnePlus

1. Rohan_Sharma
    Froyo Apr 14, 2020

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 14, 2020

dsmonteiro , Apr 14, 2020 :
    Hi, sorry for that.

We ran into some unforeseen delays due to the ongoing situation, but we expect to start shipping them by the end of this week.

3. timebandit
    Oreo Apr 14, 2020

timebandit , Apr 14, 2020 :
    Awesome. Thanks for that information. Delay is never a problem :)

luxuskamel likes this.
  4. The Joker
    Marshmallow Apr 15, 2020

The Joker , Apr 15, 2020 :
    i diss agree :rolleyes:...
    [​IMG]

mojoyoyo77, luxuskamel and timebandit like this.
  5. timebandit
    Oreo Apr 15, 2020

timebandit , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Hahaha, patience is a virtue they say?
    It's never fun to wait but if something good is coming, waiting is easy. Especially if delay isn't too big :D

luxuskamel and The Joker like this.
  6. Tobikage
    Nougat Apr 15, 2020

Tobikage , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Wouldn't it be better to just wait till things in the rest of the world start to.... somewhat normalize a bit ?? o_O

luxuskamel likes this.
  7. timebandit
    Oreo Apr 18, 2020

timebandit , Apr 18, 2020 :
    Was hoping that it would be an invite code or such with it but now I guess not :(
    Oh well. :)

luxuskamel likes this.
  8. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Apr 18, 2020

9. ronaksworld
    Jelly Bean Apr 18, 2020

ronaksworld , Apr 18, 2020 :
    I have been here since I had OnePlus One, was part of Indian Region along with many more members collecting and disturbting OnePlus 2 invites before they expired,

Those were the days people used to stay active to get Invites to purchase, now things changed [e]1f614[/e]

Day By Day Devices are getting Too Expensive and the old players started to switch, Hope the OP 8 doesn't cross that bench that my Journey ends with 6T 😅

Something OnePlus needs to Reconsider, and retrace it's old footprints.

10. ronaksworld
    Jelly Bean Apr 18, 2020

ronaksworld , Apr 18, 2020 :
    Please check My Signature it has a Link for Software Update visit that page download the update, and manually install it

As OnePlus 6T has 1st February 2020 Android Security Patch.

11. The Joker
    Marshmallow Apr 19, 2020

The Joker , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 19, 2020 :
    yes, all people that are getting one. have received a DM. about 1 month ago

12. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Apr 19, 2020

Overzee , Apr 19, 2020 :
    Nice, congratulations! I still think they should release the names of all the people that will get one, I think it's a good thing to address this. :)

13. djmfire
    KitKat Apr 21, 2020

luxuskamel, script and BeingIncog like this.
  14. p51d007
    KitKat Apr 21, 2020

p51d007 , Apr 21, 2020 :
    I was hoping it wouldn't, but, it looks like this is turning into a "please send me one", like it was for the invites on the OnePlus One, back in 2014 when it was released. Had to dig up an old one I made. ;):D

Chuck_invite_zpsser9hxko.jpg

15. Vansh99
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Apr 26, 2020

Vansh99 , Apr 26, 2020 :
    I got a box in the mail yesterday, decided to wait for the weekend to open it...and I opened it just now. One of the items look quite familiar. Thanks for this surprise :)

[​IMG]

Like the thread offered, I guess it's time to give my mini intro and a quick ~12-15 month journey to the forum, which I've been reluctant to do heh. I was introduced to OnePlus with the 3, a friend of mine bought it and I was quite jealous of him. The performance of the phone is exactly what I was looking from my HTC One M8 (R.I.P, will miss front facing stereo speakers). I've been spying on this forum and a lot of the members since 2017, when I got my first OnePlus 5. For a year and a half, all I really looked at was an open beta update for my op5 (update...every cupcake's dream) and weekly threads, Idk why but I always enjoy reading them. I never talked on forum as much (I still don't to be fair).

However, when 6T was launching I bought the tickets to the NYC venue, why not, it was $30 and I live right next door to NYC. Man did I enjoy my time there, I met many tech nerds and saw how passionate the community is. I really wanted to be part of it. I hopped back on the train within 30 mins after the presentation ended (I had a class at 4pm back in New Jersey, and the midterms were coming ._. ) but those 30 minutes gave me a new perspective about the company and the community. I was looking forward to be a part of it.

A few months later, when April 2019 came, I applied for OEF in NYC hosted by @Ruby G. regarding OxygenOS and that event became the first actual door to the community. I got to know @Kyle K. @keithnyc @alteredtech Vincent Gomez, Ryan B. just to name a few. Later we all had dinner at a Korean restaurant (this was the first time I had Korean food) and Kyle came to me and few buddies I made and sat with us for good 20-25 minutes talking about life and ofc OnePlus xD. A month later, at the 7pro launch in NYC, I met @wissou and the fans, the fans I was part of in the 6T launch but this time x10 bigger. I couldn't believe that 6 months ago I was part of them and attending as a guest, this time I had a staff badge :p I was volunteering at the demo area with 6 7pros fun times, too bad an 8 series launch couldn't happen in person.

Sometime later around 7T launch, I was invited to a private party hosted for the 7T launch, Kyle was there, Ruby again and met a few US ambassadors for the first time. I still look back at the promo video we did for the 7T over there and I just see myself all the way behind Kyle, thanks to be being tall, standing all the way in the back didn't make me vanish :p

December came along and I attended another OEF in NYC, this time regarding Videography hosted by @David Y. It was extremely cold that day, I remember I wrote 2 jackets and my hands were freezing. I still don't understand how @wissou was casually driving his motorcycle that day. There was literally no sun and all I could feel was wind and temperature far below freezing point. I met @dsmonteiro for the first time alongside @David Y. and a few more OnePlus staff members. Who knew this was also the last time I was going to meet Ruby :( Last OEF, only Kyle was here, this time we had Carl and Pete join in as well. Met them for the first time. We had an annual (but my first) party after OEF and more people joined us. The talks we all had felt surreal, I felt I was talking to people I've known for ages. No matter how big the company gets, these OEFs make it look like a small family that is having a family reunion every so often.

Fast forward to few weeks ago, another OEF (yes I enjoy attending OEF they're fun and happened to be on the days I'm off or doing nothing :D ), this time online. Although I couldn't interact with other attendees as well as I did in the other 2, due to it being online, but I will say this: I have never been this excited to see what's to come in the future as I am this time. This OEF also got me the token so I guess it's one of the exciting thing I was waiting for? :D

I am a generally very quiet person but once I get to know someone, I just don't stop talking. @alteredtech can probably agree with me on that. Met him at the first OEF, has been in touch with him since then.

Once again, thanks for the token ;) @dsmonteiro and @Crystal Z. and sorry for such a long post, wasn't expecting for it to become this long ._.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020

16. BeingIncog
    Nougat Apr 26, 2020

BeingIncog , Apr 26, 2020 :
    broken attachment, reupload pljjj! 🥺🥺🥺

17. Vansh99
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Apr 26, 2020

Vansh99 , Apr 26, 2020 :
    Yeah just fixed it 5 mins ago, should be good now ._.

script and The Joker like this.
  18. BeingIncog
    Nougat Apr 26, 2020

BeingIncog , Apr 26, 2020 :
    yes, congrats, one of us... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

19. keithnyc
    Marshmallow Moderator Apr 26, 2020

keithnyc , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 26, 2020 :

Vansh99

I got a box in the mail yesterday, decided to wait for the weekend to open it...and I opened it just now. One of the items look quite familiar. Thanks for this surprise

[​IMG]

Like the thread offered, I guess it's time to give my mini intro and a quick ~12-15 month journey to the forum, which I've been reluctant to do heh. I was introduced to OnePlus with the 3, a friend of mine bought it and I was quite jealous of him. The performance of the phone is exactly what I was looking from my HTC One M8 (R.I.P, will miss front facing stereo speakers). I've been spying on this forum and a lot of the members since 2017, when I got my first OnePlus 5. For a year and a half, all I really looked at was an open beta update for my op5 (update...every cupcake's dream) and weekly threads, Idk why but I always enjoy reading them. I never talked on forum as much (I still don't to be fair).

However, when 6T was launching I bought the tickets to the NYC venue, why not, it was $30 and I live right next door to NYC. Man did I enjoy my time there, I met many tech nerds and saw how passionate the community is. I really wanted to be part of it. I hopped back on the train within 30 mins after the presentation ended (I had a class at 4pm back in New Jersey, and the midterms were coming ._. ) but those 30 minutes gave me a new perspective about the company and the community. I was looking forward to be a part of it.

A few months later, when April 2019 came, I applied for OEF in NYC hosted by @Ruby G. regarding OxygenOS and that event became the first actual door to the community. I got to know @Kyle K. @keithnyc @alteredtech Vincent Gomez, Ryan B. just to name a few. Later we all had dinner at a Korean restaurant (this was the first time I had Korean food) and Kyle came to me and few buddies I made and sat with us for good 20-25 minutes talking about life and ofc OnePlus xD. A month later, at the 7pro launch in NYC, I met @wissou and the fans, the fans I was part of in the 6T launch but this time x10 bigger. I couldn't believe that 6 months ago I was part of them and attending as a guest, this time I had a staff badge I was volunteering at the demo area with 6 7pros fun times, too bad an 8 series launch couldn't happen in person.

Sometime later around 7T launch, I was invited to a private party hosted for the 7T launch, Kyle was there, Ruby again and met a few US ambassadors for the first time. I still look back at the promo video we did for the 7T over there and I just see myself all the way behind Kyle, thanks to be being tall, standing all the way in the back didn't make me vanish

December came along and I attended another OEF in NYC, this time regarding Videography hosted by @David Y. It was extremely cold that day, I remember I wrote 2 jackets and my hands were freezing. I still don't understand how @wissou was casually driving his motorcycle that day. There was literally no sun and all I could feel was wind and temperature far below freezing point. I met @dsmonteiro for the first time alongside @David Y. and a few more OnePlus staff members. Who knew this was also the last time I was going to meet Ruby Last OEF, only Kyle was here, this time we had Carl and Pete join in as well. Met them for the first time. We had an annual (but my first) party after OEF and more people joined us. The talks we all had felt surreal, I felt I was talking to people I've known for ages. No matter how big the company gets, these OEFs make it look like a small family that is having a family reunion every so often.

Fast forward to few weeks ago, another OEF (yes I enjoy attending OEF they're fun and happened to be on the days I'm off or doing nothing ), this time online. Although I couldn't interact with other attendees as well as I did in the other 2, due to it being online, but I will say this: I have never been this excited to see what's to come in the future as I am this time. This OEF also got me the token so I guess it's one of the exciting thing I was waiting for?

I am a generally very quiet person but once I get to know someone, I just don't stop talking. @alteredtech can probably agree with me on that. Met him at the first OEF, has been in touch with him since then.

Once again, thanks for the token @dsmonteiro and @Crystal Z. and sorry for such a long post, wasn't expecting for it to become this long ._.​

What a super nice story, mate. it's folks like you that make this such a great community. Welcome to the family. and thank you for everything you've also given to OnePlus community.

PS: yeah, @wissou is crazy cool, dude. He LIVES on that bike.....