A small token of recognition from OnePlus

1. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Apr 26, 2020

Crystal Z. , Apr 26, 2020 :
    Good one! We hope everyone in the community can find & meet with like-minded friends and have fun like you. :D

2. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2020

obakesan , Apr 26, 2020 :
    Well then, where's that window, time to chuck this oneplus phone out of it... (I think I said that if didn't get a token)...

G_plusone and luxuskamel like this.
  3. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Apr 26, 2020

luxuskamel , Apr 26, 2020 :
    What an amazing story!! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on the token :D

4. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Apr 27, 2020

obakesan , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 27, 2020 :
    Well I didn't get one, where is my saw and what's your address?

keithnyc, G_plusone and luxuskamel like this.
  5. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Apr 27, 2020

obakesan , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 27, 2020 :
    too late nothing in the post... Hmm sounds like bin men outside if I'm lucky the phone will go out window and land in the dump....

luxuskamel likes this.
  6. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop May 3, 2020

Lancelot_69 , May 3, 2020 :
    I received my One Plus token today (Sunday)! DHL delivery one a Sunday! Didn't see that coming!
    My One Plus journey started on Twitter, I read from one business lady (sorry not on Twitter anymore can't remember her name) about a company called One Plus that was going to try to sell smartphones in a different sort of way,by invitation?
    Googled One Plus and headed over to their website. Looking over the specs, price etc... My interest was peaked even more! Then I read it would be an open source product?? What the hell is that??
    Did more research, find out that you can modify the software, remove garbage app's you have no interest in, like Facebook, and it is peer reviewed. Seems like a great idea!
    Upon further investigation I discovered CyanogenMod ( currently know as Lineage) was the OS. Nothing but great reviews about them! I think it's time to join the One Plus community and see how I can get an invite.
    Joined the community Jan 17 2015 ( I believe), scrounged for an invite. It took about 2 weeks of respectable begging to acquire an invite.
    I purchased the Flagship phone and couldn't have been more pleased with my purchase.
    I still have a working One Plus One, I also bought a One Plus 2 ( not as happy about that purchase) Google One Plus thunderclap @dsmonteiro that should explain that. Then purchased One Plus X, another flop but great camera ( still have in working condition). The last One Plus device I bought was the One Plus 6. This was a good phone, except for the glass back which also breaks like glass lol.
    The best experience is with the community. Most members are knowledgeable, helpful users that are friendly. Way to many people to list here. I will give a big shout out to all the admins that work to keep the forums running as clean and respectful as possible. They do a great service for free.
    I don't participate in the forums much anymore due to my Rheumatoid arthritis but I do miss the fun and knowledge that was shared here by a great bunch of people!
    I hope everyone is doing well and stay healthy!
    1588538582-picsay.jpg

Edit - removed duplicate picture and corrected join date (could still be wrong lol)

Last edited: May 3, 2020

meatandy, Cheetosdust, rarog and 16 others like this.
  7. BeingIncog
    Nougat May 4, 2020

BeingIncog , May 4, 2020 :
    upload_2020-5-4_6-0-53.png , 7 days earlier than me...

8. carbine30
    Marshmallow May 4, 2020

Last edited: May 4, 2020

9. Plenkske
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator May 4, 2020

10. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator May 4, 2020

Horsault , May 4, 2020 :
    IMG_20200504_120238.jpg

Hi Friends!

So I've just received this token from OnePlus today: it crossed half of the world during a very special period to reach my hands. Thank you OnePlus for granting me a small piece of history.

To play the game I'll sum up my journey with OnePlus.
    Some ugly Dec. '13 day, I read about a new Chinese brand whose intent was to bring high-end products at lower price. Months later, things got more precise, and I read about all the tricks: an unknown Chinese brand, no physical stores, Invites mandatory (what? asking the right to be able to buy? Why not queuing for hours like average iPhone owner?), etc.
    In that time I owned a Galaxy Note 2. It was huge, but its pen helped find a utility my everyday life. OnePlus One was even bigger, without the pen excuse. But it came with CyanogenMod out of the box. A geek's device, full of promises. 1+ logo perfectly fitted this spirit.
    Fortunately, I dropped my Note 2 on the sidewalk, and screen repair wasn't OK. As I resented it not being as smooth as in day 1 and being full of bloatware, it was the perfect excuse to join the forums on August, 12th, 2014. 3 days later, I got an invite. So I bought the One.
    I can remember the day I received it, how careful I was to install its screen protector (which was optional at the time). It ran so fast!!! Suddenly my Note 2 wasn't months old, it was decades older!
    Sandstone back was a trap and of course I was continuously rubbing my hand over my precious to feel the touch of it. It's chrome bezel was cute, and it charged soooooo fast. I'm ashamed I was nearly about to sell it just because of its size. I'm glad I didn't.
    Of course I could say many more things about the One I used for 2 years before it got a new life in my family (it's still running today). I could also tell many things about OP3 and OP3T which fitted so nice in hand, or about my OP5, OP6T or today's OP7T Pro.

But they're "just devices".

To me, the real added value lies in these forums. I mainly participated to French forum, which was very lively. People came to talk about their devices, but also to talk to friends, care about each other, or have fun.
    I soon started to help translate official announcements, weeklies, and all interesting information published by staff into French, so that French speakers could easily be informed.
    And then, I was asked to join moderation team in 2015. It was a new life, making new friends, living exiting unique experiences (ruining mods in SZ inside)…

OK, this was supposed to be only a short message, and it's turning to a novel. So let's keep something to say for later on.

Thank you again OnePlus for making all this possible!
    I hope this new visual identity is the tee shot for many new experiences for many many years.

IMG_20200504_115547.jpg

11. The Joker
    Marshmallow May 4, 2020

The Joker , May 4, 2020 :
    thx oneplus. i'm proud to receive this small. but also huge pice of history.
    thx @dsmonteiro for sending it to me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]and here is a selfie of me holding it
    joker token.png

Last edited: May 4, 2020

12. markini
    Nougat May 4, 2020

markini , May 4, 2020 :
    Hey guys .... we're still here. Thanks Oneplus for remembering me. I remember .... nights in the community https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/barone-delirio-oltre-lo-spam.106679/ waiting for the invitation ..... then, the night ends and the day returns...

We're still here...safe!

I greet my old friends
    @aiwujian
    @ale.berto
    @SteakHutzee
    @Marius72
    @belmatalet
    @Lupolinux
    @giuliorenault
    @lele1961
    @Drudo
    @lmichielin
    @tex87
    @lus80
    @Target 33
    @Maury74rm .... and many many others ;)

IMG_20200504_145720_Bokeh.jpg

Tobikage, Cheetosdust, rarog and 10 others like this.
  13. JelleZon
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 4, 2020

Cheetosdust, woSch, rarog and 10 others like this.
  14. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert May 4, 2020

15. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert May 4, 2020

Bouncer71 , May 4, 2020 :
    Thanks for the Tag mein Lieber...! :)

Totally missed it..

I'm still a youngster in the community (2 Years, 5 Months)...
    I think there's senior members that deserve it way more than me... ;)

16. LightningXIII
    Community Veteran May 4, 2020

17. JelleZon
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 4, 2020

JelleZon , May 4, 2020 :
    And still have an individual user ran rank 😂 :D

18. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert May 4, 2020

Bouncer71 , May 4, 2020 :
    However that happened... 🥴

Probably...

[e]1f602[/e]

19. ɢноѕтΘпе
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert May 4, 2020

Tobikage, Cheetosdust, woSch and 9 others like this.
  20. hennes
    YaImCo Developer May 4, 2020

hennes , May 4, 2020 :
    It would have been nice if they had numbered the pieces and we could have put them back together with pictures to form a logo. Had suggested the @dsmonteiro but unfortunately never got an answer.

IMG_20200504_155520_001.jpg

Tobikage, Cheetosdust, woSch and 10 others like this.