A small token of recognition from OnePlus

1. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 5, 2020

2. rarog
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator May 5, 2020

rarog , May 5, 2020 :
    Yesterday I got a surprise package in an envelope from DHL. I was confused, because the door bell rang but nobody got up to my flat to give me a package into the hand. The envelope fitted into the mailbox, so this was enough in corona times. When I opened it, I found another envelope (hello inception) and the token + sheet.
    IMG_20200504_121055.jpg

So it's my time to refresh my memories. I joined the forums in spring 2014 AFAIR. I read an article about upcoming phone that should have awesome specs and be available at a relatively good price. Once I noticed the forums I started reading the community, the talks and found a section for Germany and many invite groups, where people were organising in groups and would pass on their invites once they got them after getting their phone. After I was accepted into my group this thread became my home. Most of those invite threads are gone, but there is still this small neighbour ex-invite thread with giraffe loving people. And believe me or not, the giraffes are also protecting themselves and other from covid-19!
    [​IMG]

Later I started getting out of the thread and even discuss in non-German forums. And suddenly in the spring of 2015 I was invited to be a moderator, helping people, maintaining some order and more. And I stayed there. I found a group of friends.

Over the years I was able to meed almost all of the active mods be it official mod meet (hello everyone!), me just being in the area (hello @superplus, and hello @Maximus Decimus Meridius, @Plenkske and @dsmonteiro). Meeting mods and users (hello @otto2 and @woSch at EuroTour for OP3 and visiting the squirrels of @script, meeting and talking to people at London launch. All this made me grow to and stay in the community. I love you all. I love the people that I didn't tag directly. Nobody is forgotten in my heart!

3. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 May 5, 2020

Dresa91 , May 5, 2020 :
    great one, too:) 🦒

4. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert May 5, 2020

Cheetosdust , May 5, 2020 :
    Hello, Captain :)

First of all, lovely message - and thanks for the tag. :cool:

You mentioned the cool youngsters and how you didn’t know at the time their rooting techniques, you also mentioned your origins and how you were inspired by others and by what they were doing, writing on a defunct version of these online boards.

I wasn’t here then, but I think you should know this. That trickles down, you know? When I got here I saw a few key members, a lot of them you already mentioned, but I think I should mention one more: you.

Your posts, your dedication, the way I saw a piece of the machine relentlessly working. You wrote you were inspired, but you also inspired others: me, at least, and I know I'm far from being the only one.

It was about understanding the roots of the forums; it was never about reaching a certain point, but much more what you do when you get there. I continue to be inspired by the class of ‘13 and ‘14. This forum, all of its form, past, present, and future, needs Captains and Helmsmen - so thank you.

Here’s to you and everyone who cares. These forums are the sum of its members; smartphones come and go, people stay. Here's to the next seven, seventy years. ;):cool:

5. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert May 5, 2020

Bouncer71 , May 5, 2020 :
    Oh WOW @script...

What a Story...!! :D

Makes me wonder why I didn't join earlier...;)

Thanks a ton to the tag...!
    I'm really glad that I joined eventually and met all of you...
    Online and some offline...
    Wormhooligans, Photomaniacs, Invites reloadeds, Guess the Pic and who gets the tag, and all the members all around here...!!!

Would want to miss this ever since... ;)

The good and the bad...

All this and ourselves makes this experience unique...

Times to never forget...:D

6. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator May 5, 2020

7. agoinfly
    Marshmallow May 5, 2020

agoinfly , May 5, 2020 :

That's not enough to share my long
    story:rolleyes:
    my while I may taste a piece of your steel heart ;-p

buntycubal and luxuskamel like this.
  8. woSch
    Photography Expert May 5, 2020

woSch , May 5, 2020 :
    A small token of recognition from OnePlus...

... I'm speechless... everyone who knows me knows... that happens seldom ;)

Years ago I got my OP2, one of the first offered without an Invite... stumbled into the forum... a few posts later into @script... and a wonderful journey with the OnePlus community startet, making friends in the forum and meeting up in real live... attending legendary 'Eurotour OP3' in Düsseldorf with @Adam Krisko & 'the living Palmtree' @Matt G. & Ryan & ...
    454075-d4c578571508f16b3339270e8825785d.jpg
    ... attending 'ShotonOnePlus Academy' in Berlin with the OP5, 'OEF Camera' in Amsterdam, beeing Part of the OnePlus Photography Expert Team, ...
    IMG_20200503_122949-02_001-01-01.jpeg

So, a great thank you to all for an amazing time here in the OnePlus community & family :) @script, @Zach X., @Crystal Z., @Trista W.,
    @dsmonteiro, @Bouncer71, @otto2, @TibiTibi, @Dresa91, @rarog, @morpheus566, @heller1967, @ceport, @JelleZon, @strafer, @K3MN1K, @jlasensiofi, @NeVeR_SeTTLe, @B.I.T.S., @maarten_lisboa, @buntycubal, ....
    especially to @cdnfarmer, @hennes and my wife @Sweet_Ivy

IMG_20200427_141157~01.jpg

IMG_20200504_161145-01.jpeg

OnePlus - the global friends maker

9. BeingIncog
    Nougat May 5, 2020

Last edited: May 6, 2020

woSch, buntycubal, luxuskamel and 4 others like this.
  10. jlasensiofi
    KitKat May 6, 2020

jlasensiofi , May 6, 2020 :
    Thank you very much dear friend! :);)

11. jlasensiofi
    KitKat May 6, 2020

Yesterday I received this gift from OnePlus. A small part of the history of that company that started its journey 7 years ago, full of uncertainty but with great enthusiasm.

IMG_20200504_155246.jpg

That illusion increased over the years, forming a unique community that I am very proud to be part of. It is the story of some unique colleagues, whom I will always thank for the treatment they have always given me.

And now, with that detail that they have sent me, it makes me realize that I am a small part of that history, of which he told me to continue being a part for many more years.

Thank you to each one of you. But let me thank @dsmonteiro who announced that recognition and included me. And as @woSch says, thanks to the ones you mention, @script, @Zach X., @Crystal Z., @Trista W., @dsmonteiro, @Bouncer71, @otto2, @TibiTibi, @Dresa91, @rarog, @morpheus566 , @heller1967, @ceport, @JelleZon, @strafer, @K3MN1K, @NeVeR_SeTTLe, @B.I.T.S., @maarten_lisboa, @buntycubal, @cdnfarmer, @hennes, @SoniaB, @Cheetosdust, @mojoyoyo77, @YRJ, @David Y., @Chris dB , @Manu J., @Amanda W., @Adam Krisko, @Matt G., @superplus, @Starcommander, @Wonderwoman13, @G_plusone, @the_o2 ....and so many others you can take for granted and it would be impossible to name everyone. They represent everyone.

Millions of thanks to all.

And take good care of yourself because I hope that, when the bad dream we are living ends, we can get together and celebrate all this as it deserves.

Last edited: May 6, 2020

12. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 May 6, 2020

the_o2 , May 6, 2020 :
    Great,
    thank you so much for your post:).
    You guys are awesome, you make this community so wonderful which no one ever thought :)

13. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 6, 2020

G_plusone , May 6, 2020 :
    Congratulations Man :)
    A heartfelt post
    Things like this make us believe in the community in here :)
    Appreciate the tag in your post jlasensiofi
    means something :)

buntycubal, luxuskamel, woSch and 8 others like this.
  14. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 May 6, 2020

Dresa91 , May 6, 2020 :
    wow, great :) congrats and thank you so much:)

buntycubal, luxuskamel, woSch and 6 others like this.
  15. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 6, 2020

Starcommander , May 6, 2020 :
    Waoh congratulations mate. You deserve it.
    So glad to be a part of OnePlus Community which consist of members like you!

16. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 6, 2020

Starcommander , May 6, 2020 :
    Waoh this is amazing.

17. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert May 6, 2020

cdnfarmer , May 6, 2020 :
    OnePlus... The global friend maker.
    Like @luxuskamel said, this is the best community. Many great people.

Well said Captain. This is an amazing place with awesome people. I came for a phone but ended up with renewed interest, great friends, and many great memorable experiences. Friends made here were live saviours. Literally. Thank you to all of you..

and you were one that I looked up to and then along with @superplus we solved CORNundrums and from the beginning, you made me smile which helps during the though times and the good.

ditto. Glad that this place exist... I never thought that I would meet some of the most wonderful people in a forum. Sure glad that I too joined. And we got to meet in Köln.

🤗 The photo section and the community is lucky to have you along with bouncer, and several others. You are an insight and wealth of knowledge. Always great hearing your input, stories and advice. I cherish that day we all met in Köln and and our marathon photowalk. As well as the afternoon we put your coffee machine to work. 😅
    congrats. Well deserved. Yes.. look forward to the day we can celebrate , hopefully in person, all together.

I want to also thank @hennes for creating such an amazing compression app and sharing his insight with the community.

Congrats to all who received one and all those who built this community and add every day to it.

18. jlasensiofi
    KitKat May 6, 2020

Thanks to you, thanks to all of you who are great and make this Community something unique ;):)

19. jlasensiofi
    KitKat May 6, 2020

Thank you very much to you!. It is I who have to thank you :hearteyes:

20. jlasensiofi
    KitKat May 6, 2020

Millions of thanks and congratulations to you for always being there ;):)