A small token of recognition from OnePlus

1. Tobikage
    Nougat Mar 20, 2020

drl431, puccellino, the_o2 and 7 others like this.
  2. Param Kharoud
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 20, 2020

Param Kharoud , Mar 20, 2020 :
    It's Pretty unusual and I think I speak for lots and lots of people when I say that ONEPLUS is more than just a brand for me and us, what started as simply signing up on the forums for an invite for the ONEPLUS One has today turned into something so special to me.

ONEPLUS more than a Phone Manufacturer is a community, a community where I have made so many friends along the way from all over the world and I have also had the privilege of meeting many of them in real life.

I am incredible thankful for all that ONEPLUS has done for me and this is an incredible initiative to appreciate those people. Thank you for choosing me to be one of the them.

3. Martin_VN
    Honeycomb Mar 20, 2020

4. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran Mar 20, 2020

TeamValor91 , Mar 20, 2020 :
    OnePlus,

Thank you for reaching out to me to provide me with a token of recognition.

For those of you who do not know, my original forum name was BrettPlusOne. I was one of the most active community members who eventually became a moderator to eventually becoming the head moderator.

I have been through many struggles in my life, more than I'd ever wish upon anybody. While I lay in a hospital bed recovering from a car accident, I wanted to start research on a new device to replace my Samsung phone. I read one news article of people speculating that an unknown company called OnePlus was going to come out with a device that has incredible specs for an affordable price. Immediately, I began to become active on the forums so I could learn as much as possible about the device and connect with like-minded individuals.

You can read about my stories at the links below:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/10k-post-teamvalor91-graphic.149844/
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/teamvalor91-surgery-progress-tracking-thread.177168/

Life, unfortunately, has gotten the best of me. I am working over 12 hours a day even through the global COVID-19 scare. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about this community and the mod team and the admin team.

I worked very closely with the OnePlus staff and my moderator team to help the vision of OnePlus resonate throughout the community. It amazes me, looking at the community today, how the bar that we've raised when I was the head moderator continues to be pushed. Back when I was a moderator and a head moderator, nobody on any other Android forum or on Facebook really knew about OnePlus. Now, people know about OnePlus and they're actively and anxiously awaiting for the next device to be released. This makes me so happy to see.

Even today, there are still members of my old moderator team that are friends with me on Facebook or keep tabs on me through messenger. It's great to see that not only were we all colleagues, but we were a family and we were friends.

While sometimes I still feel like an outsider looking in, I know that I still have a special place at OnePlus, as one of the community members and moderators that ensured that OnePlus was being represented accurately and fairly across the forums and through the many different languages that are supported here. I know that I am always welcomed back to my home here, and excited to see OnePlus grow from the time I started with them when the idea of a phone from OnePlus was still on the drawing board to where they are now.

I still have my care package that OnePlus sent me as I was recovering from surgery. I still have my OnePlus one with a bamboo back, and I still use my OnePlus 10,000 mAh battery charger to get me through extended periods of time where I'm not near an outlet.

I am honored to be awarded with this token of recognition. I couldn't have worked so hard and put in so much effort if it wasn't for you, the community, and the hard work of the Admins and the moderation team.

Never Settle,
    BrettPlusOne

Zach X., buntycubal, drl431 and 14 others like this.
  5. Param Kharoud
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 20, 2020

Param Kharoud , Mar 20, 2020 :
    It's so incredibly nice to hear from you again, hope you are doing much better now.

6. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Mar 20, 2020

7. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran Mar 20, 2020

TeamValor91 , Mar 20, 2020 :
    It's incredibly nice to hear from you again too! I am back in an external fixator to re-construct my ankle joint. I have about 6 more weeks in this frame and then back to physical therapy. Other than that, I'm doing good! How have you been? It's great to see you with a Senior Moderator title! Very well deserved!

8. kranthi.V
    Froyo Mar 20, 2020

kranthi.V , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 20, 2020 :
    Oneplus need to update the camera modes and features in Oneplus 7pro.Even small budget mobiles also giving lot of camera features in their phone. when iam going infront of thier phone iam feeling shame .Oneplus need to understand the situation and update the camera video modes immediately.

Deactivated User likes this.
  9. Tobikage
    Nougat Mar 20, 2020

Tobikage , Mar 20, 2020 :
    Hello !
    Life's Good :D

Yeah..I don't check in much anymore.

Keeping myself busy with work... :)

10. kaghedo
    Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2020

kaghedo , Mar 20, 2020 :
    I should get the token :hearteyes:

11. Jimbo the Great
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2020

Jimbo the Great , Mar 20, 2020 :
    NEW WARPCAR TOKENS!
    OPWarpCar.jpg

New set of Tokens are being made from the scrapped Prototype of the OnePlus WarpCar.

https://www.oneplus.com/warpcar

The WarpCar was so far ahead of it's time that it attempted to jump into the future...

Unfortunately, the battery technology a year ago was insufficient to power the Jump Navigation/Hyperdrive and the vehicle imploded, packing itself into a 1400 Kg block of aluminum/titanium alloy.
    [​IMG]
    This block... dubbed the WarpBlock - will be stamped into Tokens to celebrate the One Year anniversary of its release/implosion on April 1st.

They are designed so that if you put one of these tokens into the OnePlus tv... you can watch future television broadcasts of Sporting Events...

...Currently limited only to the next Cricket match involving Marylebone Cricket Club at Lords Cricket Ground in St. John's Wood, London. (Future Firmware updates to the Oneplus TV are planned to include Nottinghamshire.)

Cheers!

12. matthu.2711
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Mar 20, 2020

script and Deactivated User like this.
  13. llAadyll
    Froyo Mar 20, 2020

14. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Mar 20, 2020

cdnfarmer , Mar 20, 2020 :
    Sounds like a great idea. Keep the momentum alive.

Thanks so much @Overzee . I would be honoured but honestly there are many people here that also deserve it. I could name a few but don't want to leave out any. The first that come to mind are @script, @Bouncer71 @woSch @otto2 @TibiTibi @Cheetosdust @superplus @Dresa91 @Overzee . ohhh nevermind.. there are too many. And I'm likely to forget some. Good luck @dsmonteiro and team on picking the receipents.

15. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Mar 20, 2020

Dresa91 , Mar 20, 2020 :
    oh, thank you :) ☺️ 🙏

16. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2020

harshil1903 , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 20, 2020 :
    You are a good man. Thank you [e]1f60a[/e][e]1f60a[/e]

17. Aathif_Mahir
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2020

18. michaelliao07
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2020

michaelliao07 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Mar 20, 2020 :
    1584812087876.jpg

I'm too one of the first member since the inception of OnePlus 2014. I still remember how difficult it was to get an invitation to purchase my op1...since then I have purchased each and every device right till the op7t pro. I attended the most of the fan meet in kolkata. I was also one of the luckiest winner of the diwali dash contest 2016 for which I personally met Carl and Pete in London (wonderful experience) the reason I purchase every device of OnePlus is I feel that every device which is launched by you guys is actually my idea of how a phone should look, feel and work. keep up the good work guys.... really proud to be part of the OnePlus community. #NeverSettle

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020

19. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Mar 20, 2020

G_plusone , Mar 20, 2020 :
    Good idea guys to give a Part of Old Logo to community while moving forward.
    Take Care Tobi