A sneak peek into Community Sample Shot, OnePlus 8T edition

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 6, 2020

dsmonteiro , Oct 6, 2020 :
    Sample Shot.png

Hey everyone,

Back in May 2019, we announced the Community Sample Shot Program – a campaign where we invite some of the best shutterbugs from the Community to take sample shots with a prototype of our upcoming devices. This allows us to not only provide you a glimpse of what Community members such as yourself are able to accomplish with our phones but also collect some early feedback that can be shared with the camera team.

Since its inception, @Bouncer71, @optical, @antonyjen and @thecursedchild have joined this program, sharing stunning photos with all of us. We’ve invited two very well-known names from our photography ranks to take a OnePlus 8T prototype for a spin and see what its cameras can do, but, for now, let’s keep their identities a secret. We wouldn’t want to spoil the fun just yet, would we?

Today, we’re however we're giving you just a tiny peek to some of the pictures they have been taking for the past month and also inviting them to share a bit about how this experience has been so far.

Mystery User #1
    I was a bit surprised when @dsmonteiro reached out and asked me the be part of the camera sample team but I didn't need to think twice.
    This was great experience so far. When I first held the prototype, well hidden under a black case it was a special feeling. Holding a unique phone, not being able to share this with others, this was an incredible feeling. Walking around to shoot pictures, report issues and being in close contact with the camera team just proved again how unique OnePlus and its community are. I have always been critical and shared my honest opinions about the latest phones and this time wasn't different. The past month I experimented with the prototype a lot and I am very positive to see the final result.

Mystery User #2
    Kebab to go!
    Strolling around in the city tasting Kebab is a normal thing if you are hungry - strolling around testing Kebab is like in a fairy tale, believe me.
    A great adventure I was invited in the middle of August 2020. It's an extraordinary experience of Photowalking, collecting views & details with an amazing & promising Kebab camera setup.
    Can't wait to share the experience with you!

P.S. - I'm sure some of you might already have some guesses about who might be behind these photos, but let's keep the fun going on for a bit longer. They won't be able to confirm, so I'd like to ask to avoid sharing names here. Thanks!

2. reallykunal
    The Lab - OnePlus 8T Reviewer Oct 6, 2020

woSch, manuel19, superplus and 3 others like this.
  3. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 6, 2020

woSch, manuel19, TibiTibi and 24 others like this.
  4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Oct 6, 2020

YRJ , Oct 6, 2020 :
    I have absolutely no idea who these mysterious photographers are but DAMN! The pictures in the header look STUNNING :hearteyes:
    Which means that either dsmonteiro has picked the finest photographers from the community or that the 8T has amazing cameras :cool:

Or maybe, it's both? :p

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the sample shot diaries. Congratulations ;)

woSch, manuel19, jlasensiofi and 13 others like this.
  5. JelleZon
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Oct 6, 2020

woSch, manuel19, jlasensiofi and 11 others like this.
  6. SRD.
    KitKat Oct 6, 2020

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 6, 2020 :
    What these mystery programs are ???
    Image outputs are great, got some great snaps at tweeter.
    why such things are not assigned to me 😔

woSch, TibiTibi, Dinesh_T and 4 others like this.
  7. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Oct 6, 2020 :
    Thanks for this sneak peek thread about the new Oneplus 8T camera capabilities @dsmonteiro! ! It's a great idea to collect informations from community users. For sure it will be a great camera setup. About the 2 mistery photographs, we'll i don't have a clue! Lol 😂 waiting to see more of your work! 😎

woSch, manuel19, jlasensiofi and 9 others like this.
  8. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Oct 6, 2020

woSch, jlasensiofi, TibiTibi and 5 others like this.
  9. Cakepips
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 6, 2020

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Oct 6, 2020 :
    Well this is the first time I'm hearing about this secret Community programme! This sounds great, especially in terms of photography... Those header photos look awesome.

No idea who the mystery users but, whoever you are, you lucky people. Must of been a little more interesting in terms of photography this year. If any of your photos are in the header, dang they're good!

(Didn't win a Shot on OnePlus this year but got selected in the top ten for week 2.... Maybe I have a chance to be magically picked for the next one? [e]1f603[/e])

woSch, manuel19, jlasensiofi and 8 others like this.
  10. sumitMZ007
    Honeycomb Oct 6, 2020

woSch, G_plusone and Bouncer71 like this.
  11. Oreo.

woSch, TibiTibi, G_plusone and 3 others like this.
  12. sritejkoduru
    Honeycomb Oct 6, 2020

13. IamIRONSman

IamIRONSman , Oct 6, 2020 :
    The pictures are great, the community is full of talent and it makes the 8T seem that much more appealing.

14. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 6, 2020

Venky61 , Oct 6, 2020 :
    That pictures are so stunning. Looking forward for some detailed insights :)

woSch, manuel19, jlasensiofi and 9 others like this.
  15. Karun Deep
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 6, 2020

Karun Deep , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 6, 2020 :
    Got to know about this for tht first time..

Secret programme with community, a great idea.
    Goona wait to know the secret guys. Btw clicks are really looking great...

Thanks for the thread @dsmonteiro

woSch, TibiTibi, G_plusone and 3 others like this.
  16. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Oct 6, 2020

MosheG1 , Oct 6, 2020 :
    Wow! These are some awesome pictures!

I know who person #2 is, but who is #1?

17. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Oct 6, 2020

woSch, manuel19, jlasensiofi and 7 others like this.
  18. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Oct 6, 2020

woSch, manuel19, jlasensiofi and 10 others like this.
  19. O. Priya
    Gingerbread Oct 6, 2020

20. Batman360

Batman360 , Oct 6, 2020 :
    @dsmonteiro these pictures are stunning, but why are there no indoor shots? Nord had all outdoor sample shots and when tested on real life (indoors) the colors are so damn dull, I actually had to use filters to make it look better. Sample shots are cool and all until you take it indoors and that's my opinion. Please add some indoor shots to this collection to make it whole, let people see the whole story of the camera in and out. Indoors with artificial lighting, because when the images look good indoors in a bad lightning condition, it says alot about a phone's camera.