A Student Ambassador Recaps Open Ears Forum: Red Cable Club via OnePlus 7

1. kiratplusone
    Student Ambassador India Jul 11, 2020

kiratplusone , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Forum (8).jpg

Hey Community,

I hope you all are safe! Today, I am going to share with you my most memorable OnePlus experience : Open Ears Forum 2020. Now, you better pack up some beach flip-flops & floral shirts, because we’re going to Goa! This third edition of Open Ears Forum was hosted at Mariott Spa & Resorts in Goa on 15th February 2020.

I love to vlog my trips - so you can check out my OEF experience in video as well! #ShotOnOnePlus

Take a look:

14th February 2020

Do you like road trips? If yes, then Manipal to Goa is one epic route you need to try. Since there were no suitable flights from Manipal, I took up a 7-hour taxi journey to reach Goa. I planned to sleep through the entire trip, but soon the sight of beautiful South-Indian scenery caught my eye. I was stuck looking out of the taxi window for the whole time, & I reached Goa before I even realised.

OnePlus has been known to pick the most luxurious & extra-ordinary locations for past OEFs, & this one was no different. This time, the Community was hosted at the prestigious Goa Marriott Spa & Resorts. The first thing on our event itinerary was a welcome dinner, which I was already late to by 30 minutes! I dropped my luggage at the hotel lobby & rushed to the dinner. I had a friendly chat with fellow community members & made some new friends as well.

15th February 2020

*inserts OnePlus alarm tone*

Even though I slept only a couple of hours, I was full of energy. The day was finally here! I quickly took a shower & headed to the breakfast venue. After a wholesome meal, we were notified that the session is scheduled to begin by 10:30 am. We were assigned into teams & each team had a mentor from the OnePlus Staff. Here, take a look at my table! I was at table 2 - & our mentor was Mukul from OnePlus product team.

IMG_20200215_174157.jpg

The session began with a wonderful workshop from Mr Gaurav Arora, Director of Customer Engagement at AMEX. He talked about how American Express delivers top of the line personal benefits to its customers. One thing that particularly impressed me a lot was when he spoke of the AMEX Concierge service. He narrated incidents where customers requested rather strange tasks in foreign countries to their concierge – and they were all executed without failure. Gaurav’s session encouraged us to think along the lines of personal benefits & how we could include the same in Red Cable Club.

After this workshop, @Joel Jacob briefed us about how we were going to go about our first brainstorming session of the day. Each table had to work on a list of top personal benefits for Red Cable Club & present the same to the room. Mukul guided our table through the session & we had an excellent discussion about various things we had on our minds. Ninety minutes just flew by & now it was the time for everyone to present their suggestions. One benefit that turned out to be shared across almost every table was a premium music subscription for Red Cable Club members. As all of you might know, a while back OnePlus announced free three-month Gaana Premium subscription for Red Cable Club members – props for that!

After a productive morning & delicious lunch, it was time for the next workshop. The second part of our day focused on Community benefits - & who better to speak about that than Mr Nimish Raut! Nimish is the current country head of Fnatic, India. He talked about his vast experience of community-led events from Red-Bull & Riot Games. He kicked off his session with eye-catching videos from some of the events he led. His expert insights prepared us for the next brainstorming session.

One thing that stood out to me was, a lot of suggestion were familiar across all tables. After session 2, the OnePlus team summed up all the points & concluded OEF. We thought we were done for the day, but yet again, OnePlus surprised us! We had been requesting @Joel Jacob to bring a Concept-One device to OEF, but he didn’t give us a robust reply. Well, guess what? They had a special Concept-One briefing planned for us. Everyone cheered as the Concept-One was kept in front of us, in all its glory. After the presentation, all of us got a chance to use & check out the device for ourselves.

IMG_20200215_210629__01.jpg

No OEF would be complete without a costume party. OnePlus planned “Seas The Night” for us – a beach-themed party to conclude the day in a traditional fashion.

MVIMG_20200215_201201.jpg

The party began with mind-blowing stunt performances which none of us had expected. Quality music, great food & Community – this recipe can never go wrong. This was a perfect end to this third edition of OEF. I cannot thank OnePlus enough for the entire experience – it was the best weekend I’d had in a while.

IMG_20200215_185441.jpg

Until next time, signing off,

Kirat Alreja

Student Ambassador, Batch of 2019

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jul 11, 2020

Venky61 , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Hey @kiratplusone ... Thanks for sharing this and taking us through your OEF memory lane :)
    Those are some nice pictures ;)

3. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 11, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Heyy, thanks @kiratplusone, thanks for sharing your Student Ambassador/OEF journey with us 😊 Already read it in the RCC page though 😉 All the best for your future endeavours man🙌😉

4. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 11, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Thanks @kiratplusone my memories are refreshed.

5. Girish.Pranav
    Honeycomb Jul 11, 2020

Girish.Pranav , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Hey @kiratplusone thanks a lot for the insight, memories are totally refreshed! Unfortunately there won't be a OEF done physically due to the pandemic😕
    all the best for the future man!

6. ahuja_varun
    Honeycomb Jul 11, 2020

sandi_developer and Swatiranjan like this.
  7. mokaeswar
    Honeycomb Jul 11, 2020

mokaeswar , Jul 11, 2020 :
    That's really a wonderful experience. I have applied this time for SAP just as a try. But after reading your experience, I feel I should've done better while filling the form

8. AbhilashSaikia
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jul 11, 2020

9. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 11, 2020

sandi_developer and kiratplusone like this.
  10. manojsurya99
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 11, 2020

manojsurya99 , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Photos actually tell the excitement in your faces..
    And truest to the name, Open Ears Forum has always bought something to the table from the community enthusiasts..

11. Smit Golakiya
    Eclair Jul 11, 2020

12. Abdul Basith2
    Gingerbread Jul 11, 2020

13. rajshah2412
    Gingerbread Jul 12, 2020

rajshah2412 , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Thanks for the great recap @kiratplusone
    You brought back the OEF Memories [e]1f60d[/e]
    Actually this week marked the Second Anniversary of the first OEF held in India and we were already sharing pictures and stories and reliving the moment and that's when you wrote this thread and made the memories all the more better.
    Hope you are Safe and Healthy. See you soon Bro @kiratplusone

14. DarshanMeniya
    Honeycomb Jul 12, 2020

DarshanMeniya , Jul 12, 2020 :
    We all are students of OnePlus! Some of students have great experienced and some of them are learner! Good Thread!

16. shivam31.ag
    Student Ambassador India Jul 12, 2020

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020

17. rajatkapoorrk
    Froyo Jul 12, 2020

rajatkapoorrk , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Thanks @kiratplusone for sharing your experience with us. Great to see, such an active and Never Settling OnePlus community.
    I have also applied this time with all my heart.
    Hope to get selected and be a part of OnePlus SAP Army.

18. Dhr888
    Gingerbread Jul 12, 2020

19. kiratplusone

20. kiratplusone

kiratplusone , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Thank You!