A summary of Adam Krisko directed questions

1. Deepak.Si
    KitKat Jun 3, 2017

Deepak.Si , Jun 3, 2017 :
    But I'm telling just what came from bottom of my heart....

2. youbi
    Marshmallow Assistant Head Moderator Jun 3, 2017

youbi , Jun 3, 2017 :
    From were exactly did you got that idea? I'm just actually analyzing the facts available, nothing more then that.
    Do you really think that? :confused: Sorry but you are completely wrong. ;) And any of the community experts can definitely confirm that.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017

locxFIN likes this.
  3. jizang
    Lollipop Jun 3, 2017

jizang , Jun 3, 2017 :
    The ONES who needs to speak out are the ones who got REAPED without given the title "community expert", they most likely less bias :smirk:

4. Deepak.Si
    KitKat Jun 3, 2017

Deepak.Si , Jun 3, 2017 :
    I'm just saying you do that very well...and positively too.

Nothing more then that.

youbi likes this.
  5. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 3, 2017

Tobikage , Jun 3, 2017 :
    So you're confirming the facts ?

6. youbi
    Marshmallow Assistant Head Moderator Jun 3, 2017

youbi , Jun 3, 2017 :
    No, I'm just saying what I wrote. :p Analyzing is surely a different word. ;)

Tobikage likes this.
  7. mwayner
    Lollipop Jun 3, 2017

mwayner , Jun 3, 2017 :
    Groundhog Day all over again. Does it really matter now? Nougat has been available for more than a year, so if Oneplus was serious about updating the OP2, we'd have seen some glimmering of it long before now. The lack of OOS Nougat doesn't bother me, in the sense that I'm dying for the Nougat experience; I can try a myriad of custom roms. What does bother me is the perception that Oneplus feels, (maybe) because of the availability of custom options, there's really no need to update an "old" phone. It seems they're still operating on the premise that most customers are hobbyists and tinkerers. Well, we can all wait and see if the OP2 is updated to N just as O is released. Assuming, of course, that the OP2 isn't regarded as a distant memory. Or maybe we ought to spend our time more productively by repeatedly painting walls and watching them dry.

pa5t1s and theshinybeast like this.
  8. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 7, 2017

malidan, mwayner, pa5t1s and 3 others like this.
  9. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jun 7, 2017

theshinybeast , Jun 7, 2017 :
    Shocked:eek: The first time I've seen you at a loss for words:rolleyes: shameless bump don't count

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017

mwayner, pa5t1s, Tobikage and 2 others like this.
  10. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jun 11, 2017

dsmonteiro , Jun 11, 2017 :
    Can you confirm it now?
    http://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-confirms-no-android-nougat-update-oneplus-2-779029/

Because apparently “customer service has been telling customers this for a little while” (even though it also has been saying the exact opposite) and apparently you thought "people were aware of it" (even though this forum was flooded with threads asking that, there was a big Thunderclap about it and I assume it was also one of CS's asked questions).

Jac_Q, pa5t1s, ganeshknr and 2 others like this.
  11. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 11, 2017

Tobikage , Jun 11, 2017 :
    I think @David Y. meant he was confirmg the same...that there's no Nougat for the 2.

pa5t1s likes this.
  12. David Y.
    Product Marketing Staff Member Jun 12, 2017

David Y. , Jun 12, 2017 :
    Yes, "No Nought update for OnePlus 2" confirmed. The only reason for it is our software infrastructure wasn’t fully in place when we launched the OnePlus 2.

I know many of you have kept asking this question for a long time, I am glad we're can confirm it eventually, it's a bad news, but I believe communication matters.

Salt505, hailtotheking, pojr and 12 others like this.
  13. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 12, 2017

G_plusone , Jun 12, 2017 :
    Too late

14. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 12, 2017

Tobikage , Jun 12, 2017 :
    Thanks for the quick update. :rolleyes:

15. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 12, 2017

I'd like to know the reasoning behind that excuse..... So even with the infrastructure in place , you're unable to provide decent support for 3 phones ? That's reassuring for 3 / 3T users with the 5 on the horizon.

Finally.....now we can move onto some other company who atleast doesn't make promises they can't keep.

Ocole, Juggy, Miratek and 9 others like this.
  16. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jun 12, 2017

dsmonteiro , Jun 12, 2017 :
    There's so many wrong things about was said in that Android Authority article that I can't even.

But telling you about it won't change anything. I guess OnePlus' tactic worked as intended because after all of this, I don't care anymore. I've seriously given up on OnePlus and on the OnePlus side of this community.

Mr. BG, Juggy, Miratek and 15 others like this.
  17. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 12, 2017

If OnePlus or anyone at OnePlus cared even a tiny bit about retaining customer's or had any infinitesimally small amount of goodwill towards their users , a public apology would've been forthcoming.

18. ShortyEx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 12, 2017

ShortyEx , Jun 12, 2017 :
    Don't make me laugh "but I believe communication matters", it's been almost a year since the official statement that we were getting Nougat.

[edited this part myself it was to personal and fueled by anger which is never the right way to go about this]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017

Luke-S, Miratek, sfomin and 7 others like this.
  19. ShortyEx

ShortyEx , Jun 12, 2017 :
    @David Y. could you answer one more question please? This one is a simple and plain question which is not fingerpointing or anything like that. Would it be possible to release all sources and everything that was developed for the OP2 so that developers of custom roms can make the most out of their roms for us? I'm talking about everything MM and N-based.

Luke-S, kpmak, Dunnow and 3 others like this.
  20. spencer1620

spencer1620 , Jun 12, 2017 :
    I'm glad you are glad because a lot of people are pissed!! Never again will liars get a penny of my money!!

cathome, daltocs, awesomeX1 and 6 others like this.